• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

2 Million Units Strong!!

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
Devil May Cry 5 has hit the 2 million copies sold mark in 2 weeks.
https://nichegamer.com/2019/03/21/devil-may-cry-5-sales-top-2-million-units/

Capcom has been on fire as of late with Monster Hunter World slam dunking records and REmake 2 kicking down the door in sales, now Devil May Cry is back to racking in the money.
It's damn close to DmC's life time sales of 2.4 million(original version) and I have no doubt it'll surpass those numbers soon, but the real question is, will it top DMC4?

Vergil95

Might controls everything, and without strength, y
Devil may cry 4 sell 3 million copies whit the special edition probably a million more... Devil may cry 5 will probably reach 5 million copy, at least I hope so...

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Well, certainly Capcom ain't hiding the fact that they're happy with how the game's performing.

pa2vojojokn21.jpg

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
This makes me happy, I was starting to worry what would happen if the game failed to meet expectations. Maybe that would kill the series for good.
Hey, maybe by the end of the year it'll even outsale DMC4. If there are plans for a DMC6, we wont have to wait a decade for it.

Goldsickle

"Hold R1 to walk slowly" and "accidentally locked on to another enemy" made me want to wait a little bit and buy it used.

But my nephew said he wanted to play it, so I bought the game as soon as I have cash.
Thank my nephew for that one new copy sale you almost lost, backwards Japanese developers.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Walk slowly button? Is that a thing?

Pay it no heed, he's being complaining about that absolutely trivial detail about the lock on button setting you to a walk instead of a run since forever, blowing it out of proportion every chance he gets. Possibly as a means to stir up some argument so don't indulge the attempt is my advice.

Goldsickle

Walk slowly button? Is that a thing?
Capcom Japan thinks so.
We've already seen examples of lock-on without any slowdown, like in both Metal Gear Rising and DmC: Definitive Edition.
You could lock-on to an enemy and run in those games.

Really annoys the heck out of me that Capcom is still using the old obsolete "mutated Resident Evil control scheme" from almost 20 years ago.
They were able to speed things up in certain areas but maintain slowdown for something else.
For example, Exceed-revving while running, which really helps make the game more fluid when you need to rev up while on the run.
Why not go all the way and have characters lock-on while running?

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Capcom Japan thinks so.
We've already seen examples of lock-on without any slowdown, like in both Metal Gear Rising and DmC: Definitive Edition.

Really annoys the heck out of me that Capcom is still using the old obsolete "mutated Resident Evil control scheme" from almost 20 years ago.
They were able to speed things up in certain areas but maintain slowdown for something else.
For example, Exceed-revving while running, which really helps make the game more fluid when you need to rev up while on the run.
Well I can't speak for anyone else, but personally if I'm locked on to something, I'm a little too busy shooting or slashing at it, or doing a dodge roll to notice.

Vergil95

Capcom Japan thinks so.

What does this have to do with the title of the post? You are completely out of thread

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
@Goldsickle - I do have to agree with the other members this isn’t the place for complaints about the game. I believe complaints are being discussed in the DMC 5 general discussion thread in the DMC 5 section if you wish to share your views there.

As for the sales I had a good feeling that they would smash it.

DMC 6 looks like almost a sure thing.

Goldsickle

I do have to agree with the other members this isn’t the place for complaints about the game.
Because features affect my decision to purchase the game, so it's related.
Based on the preview videos and the demo, I already made up my mind a while ago to buy the game used but my nephew wanted to play it, so I got it earlier.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Based on the preview videos and the demo, I already made up my mind a while ago to buy the game used but my nephew wanted to play it, so I got it earlier.

It’s not related in the sense that this isn’t the place to discuss said features. You ended up purchasing the game so ultimately you count towards sales but that’s about the only thing we’re here to discuss - How well DMC 5 has sold for Capcom - Not our complaints, criticisms or even praise for the game unless it’s simply praise and positive remarks concerning its sales.

Vergil95

You only write this in every post you made in thread that doesn't relate to that... It's not fun

Top Bottom