• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

2 Million Units Strong!!

Goldsickle

You only write this in every post you made in thread that doesn't relate to that... It's not fun
Because it screwed me over every time I played the game and became way more apparent in DMD.
But enough about it here.

I will make essays and novels about it as soon as a proper "negative/complaint" thread appears.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
I made thread for final verdicts. Everyone, feel free to dump everything your thought in aftermath there .

Vergil95

Might controls everything, and without strength, y
Because it screwed me over every time I played the game and became way more apparent in DMD.
But enough about it here.

I will make essays and novels about it as soon as a proper "negative/complaint" thread appears.
You should probably appreciate the game since we all waited for it 11 years and see his positive things non only negative things... You complain to much, just relax

Vergil95

Might controls everything, and without strength, y
I see no reason why it can't grow up to double it's current sales within six months

A lot of people couldn't get it at launch, and will buy it later for birthdays and Xmas
He almost surpassed dmc reboot who sold 2.4 million copies in all his lifespam Don t counting remastered , probably he will surpass dmc 4 at the end of April who sold 3 million copies, it could probably conclude the fiscal year whit 5 milion copies or more... We must be optimistic and hope for this great game to sell well...

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
I'm predicting it'll end the year with 3-3.5 million sales. 2 million in 2 weeks, and the year's isn't even half over (of-course, it's a lot longer till the game's been out for 12 months).

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
Congrats, Capcom and the Itsuno's team. All Capcom has to do now is get the next Street Fighter right, and bring back some of their other franchises and we're back in business.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Doesn't sound that odd to me. Over time the gaming culture has come to be like this. The bulk of sales is made close to release date, everyone jumps on the new hotness while it's fresh, then they quickly jump on the next one as soon as it comes out. In DMC5's case, Sekiro. And it goes double for relatively niche games like DMC.

Not that it matters too much. It still exceeded Capcom's expectations and was very well received all around.

Meg

Makes sense considering how highly anticipated it was. Everyone bought it right away because we had been waiting for it for so long. Fox is also right. There is so many games coming out, many long awaited like DMC5, that a lot of people are hopping from game to game.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
@xMobilemux
Also a little correction. That 2.1 million is as of March 31. So that 100k is only within the third week after release, not 2 months.

Last edited:
Top Bottom