• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

2 million or nothing...

Domenic93

Yeah, the DMCs' stories were always pretty basic. DmC's too, as it's mainly a rehash of DMC1 with some DMC3 sprinkled on top. I wouldn't go so far as to say that zero f*cks were given, but they're simple stories meant to scratch a particular kind of itch. Just basic 'kill the bad guy who wants to destroy/take over the world' stuff... Sanctus, Arius, Mundus, etc. And you know, it actually works well with the type of gameplay they envisioned, and I'm sure it gave them a lot of time to focus on the gameplay. I agree with pretty much everything you said, though I'd say Nero wasn't a hardcore character. He was made specifically for casual players, and he didn't have many combos.
DmC's story wasn't only a rehash of DMC1 &3 it rehashed all 4 into one mess of a story with to say it isn't only rehashed Devil May Cry

berto

I Saw the Devil
You know, this is a funny subject matter in a way. It could be argued that Capcom is holding their franchises hostage.

I'm trying to think of how this would financially work. A standard game budget is $24 mil, at $60 a copy the game would make $120 at 2 million units sold. It's a bit oversimplified but I still think that 2 million is a huge profit so they are kinda over reaching.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
You know, this is a funny subject matter in a way. It could be argued that Capcom is holding their franchises hostage.

I'm trying to think of how this would financially work. A standard game budget is $24 mil, at $60 a copy the game would make $120 at 2 million units sold. It's a bit oversimplified but I still think that 2 million is a huge profit so they are kinda over reaching.
not if game hits bargain bin after 3 months. and not with used game market.

berto

I Saw the Devil
not if game hits bargain bin after 3 months. and not with used game market.
Yes, but nobody marks those, do they? When you are looking at sales charts and history they only count digital and new copies. Even at $15 a pop 500,000 copies makes a good amount of leweigh and I doubt Capcom is going to wait for their games to go cheap before they mark it sequel worthy, it's faith is probably going to be determined before it becomes a $40 game.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Yes, but nobody marks those, do they? When you are looking at sales charts and history they only count digital and new copies. Even at $15 a pop 500,000 copies makes a good amount of leweigh and I doubt Capcom is going to wait for their games to go cheap before they mark it sequel worthy, it's faith is probably going to be determined before it becomes a $40 game.
Well here is example: DmC, Lost Planet 3 and RE:ORC got slashed in price even before 3 months expired. So they counted them as well

The Final Offer

Way to go buddy.
Dragonmaster was getting all excited. (I know him on Tumblr)

Yeah my bad. I saw that a retailer slipped up and listed it and it was up for pre order for December 16th. So I was like confirmed. Then I dug into it and it's just rumors now. It's not all over the webz anymore.

:(

But tell him, it's looking like it's coming because I've seen leaks like this and Smash is coming out on the date that the retailer leaked.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/super-smash-bros-wii-u-releases-in-november-report/1100-6422311/

SPARTAN-1000

NO PAIN NO GAIN
I could never trust CAPCOM anymore they might delever a DMC 5

but i would prefer PlatinumGames to do a game about SPARDA

Top Bottom