• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

who is the legendary dark knight?

who is LDK

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
IloveVergil;9212 said:
Even though I think it's older Dante,I don't agree with you in this case.Remember,Dante or Sparda,it's only a costume,not a different playable character,and it won't give you the full advantage of being Sparda.
BTW what do u think of the artbook scan on the previus page?

JESUS!!!! what does that guy look like? :O o_O
Why shouldn't it when it comes with Super dante, who still isn't a pure Sparda?:\

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
Alastor12;9218 said:
It Is Sparda If He Has Force Edge!!!!!!!111

Okay, let's say, for a sec, all this exists in real life, you pick up force edge. Does it make you Sparda???
Didn't think so either!

Dark Elf

Dagger user
You know, only Sparda can be Sparda. Dante didn't became Sparda in DMC and Arkham didn't and Vergil didn't.

IloveVergil

Demon a$$-kicker
Sometimes I wonder what is it that we are discussing about.I mean LDK has Dante's face,Dante's scenario,Dante's dialogues,Dante's gameplay,Sparda's clothes,Sparda's sword,Sparda's guns,Sparda's DT,Sparda's name on the screen so what do we call him???A pathetic but successful attempt of Capcom to confuse us?

Kaihedgie

Well, my bet is on that is definitely LDK, albeit older, no mistake. He wears the same colored-tinted purple clothing

Dark Elf

Dagger user
IloveVergil;9237 said:
Sometimes I wonder what is it that we are discussing about.I mean LDK has Dante's face,Dante's scenario,Dante's dialogues,Dante's gameplay,Sparda's clothes,Sparda's sword,Sparda's guns,Sparda's DT,Sparda's name on the screen so what do we call him???A pathetic but successful attempt of Capcom to confuse us?

The same s**t happens in DMC 3: SE. Just replace Sparda in your speech to Vergil.

IloveVergil

Demon a$$-kicker
Nope..Vergil's got his own costumes,weapons and style,and he doesn't have any cutscenes or dialogues at all.He is a different playable character where LDK is just a costume.

Solidus

Rebellion
Tyles;9031 said:
I'm gonna lock this if you continue to troll.
Not trying to be a smartarse but...

How can I continue to troll if I was never trolling to start off with?

I would ask you also to cite some sources and give some reasoning behind your viewpoint what makes you think I am trolling, like I did with Blood Knight, but I suppose that really would be nailing my own coffin.

Anyway about the part where Dante says "My father wasn't so hideous. Can't you tell by looking at me?" I might add he said that AFTER Arkham transformed into some great purple lump of demon ****.

Something interesting is you know that Nelo Angelo bonus stuff you can get for "Corrupt Vergil" in DMC3, well look what he's wearing when he's not in the DT mode...dosen't that look familiar. Why the hell is Vergil wearing that...and no monocle...

Oh and I should apologise for my "Sparda's name in the save game menu" spiel, I was just playing DMC1 again and the name that LDK gets in the savegame menu is just the word, "Legend". Woops.

The plot makes little if any sense in either scenario. I spite of this I have one more agument to support my theory, if he is Sparda, why can't you be in his demon state all of the time after all the human is his costume, he should be able to show his true form all of the time if he truly is Sparda.
I've wondered that myself, from when I first found out that LDK could be played I was having visions of running around DMC1 as a cool demon looking guy all the time, then when I finally unlocked him it turned out to be essentially Dante in a different coat. Maybe they gave LDK a "human default" look so it would be easier to differentiate when he was in DT mode or not (because LDK's DT form really does look like proper Sparda.)

Thanks Steve, can you have a book or web reference for us to see though.
Oh look Tyles! Does this mean the Phantarch is trolling too? [sarcasm]

Tyles

After "debating" with one member, you wanted to start up again with another even after saying you were done. In a sense, yes, trolling. If you are done as you said you were, then that's fine.

If you are unsure of my judgment, then please take a look at the Forum Rules and Guidelines before you use any future antagonism and sarcasm.

Now, back on topic. Thanks.

Solidus

Rebellion
Tyles;9265 said:
After "debating" with one member, you wanted to start up again with another even after saying you were done. In a sense, yes, trolling. If you are done as you said you were, then that's fine.

If you are unsure of my judgment, then please take a look at the Forum Rules and Guidelines before you use any future antagonism and sarcasm.

Now, back on topic. Thanks.

Woops. When I said I was "done", what I meant was that I was done with a particular part of a debate with Phantarch, namely the bit where we talking about how neither Sparda nor Older Dante can go back to Mallet Island and do it all again.

I say I should be allowed to debate with more than just one person and that everyone is welcome to join in.

Oh and sorry about the sarcasm, and no trolling intended.

Dark Elf

Dagger user
Life is beautyfull with humor and sarcasm

It's Sparda. Anyone disagree?!?!

Last edited by a moderator:

Kaihedgie

Definitely not me. I'm one 100% sure it's Sparda. After all, there's enough evidence that points that we've been playing as Sparda the whole time. It's just that some people have a difficult time thinking about it another way, rather than being biased

IloveVergil

Demon a$$-kicker
Kaihedgie;9384 said:
Definitely not me. I'm one 100% sure it's Sparda. After all, there's enough evidence that points that we've been playing as Sparda the whole time. It's just that some people have a difficult time thinking about it another way, rather than being biased

Why is that everytime someone's opinion differs from yours,you start calling them "biased".As I have said before in one of my previous posts,Capcom has kept a lot of confusing facts in the LDK character.Like having exactly Dante's face for example.Plus his face looks like DMC1 Dante's face in DMC1,and like younger Dante's face in DMC3 which is very confusing.So before announcing your opinion like they were 100% verified facts,you should try giving us the "evidience" you're talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom