• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

who is the legendary dark knight?

who is LDK

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
I've heard a lot of argument over who DMCs Legendary dark knight is so who do you think? Dante when he's older or Sparda?:\

Personally I think it's an older Dante. My vote doesn't count for all though but feel free to state your opinion with a justification. I think it's an older Dante because Sparda is supposed to be dead.

Last edited by a moderator:

IloveVergil

Demon a$$-kicker
Well it's a very confusing topic...in the beginning of DMC1 Sparda is called the "Legendary dark knight" but trish also calls Dante "Legendary dark knight" when they escape from the island..however,if you are refering to the character we can play with,my answer would be older dante.He looks 100% Dante except for the different costume and hair.I know Sparda should be a lot like Dante,but LDK looks more like Dante's twin,not his father(I am not saying he is Vergil or anything like that when I say this).

Solidus

Rebellion
IloveVergil;8526 said:
Well it's a very confusing topic...in the beginning of DMC1 Sparda is called the "Legendary dark knight" but trish also calls Dante "Legendary dark knight" when they escape from the island..however,if you are refering to the character we can play with,my answer would be older dante.He looks 100% Dante except for the different costume and hair.I know Sparda should be a lot like Dante,but LDK looks more like Dante's twin,not his father(I am not saying he is Vergil or anything like that when I say this).

Dosen't matter really. She's Trish. Go into the Start menu while playing as LDK and you'll see something called "Luce and Ombra" Sparda's hand held guns."

Why would he suddenly start using different guns to Ebony and Ivory if he was Dante?

He looks 100% Dante except for the different costume and hair.
Yeah their likenesses are the same, but that was because they are being cheap, in fact, go into the start menu while playing as Sparda and you'll see that picture of him holding his guns and his face is clearly different looking from Dante's. The LDK in DMC3 also has the same face as younger Dante and Vergil. This is clearly because they didn't feel the need to make a different face for human form sparda.

Anyway why would Dante's mother screw some horrible demon looking guy with those big horns? He must have done something to look human first otherwise no woman would have married him.

Also why would Dante feel the need to change his shadow (LDK's is demon shaped, even in human form)

Also another reason why LDK cannot be Dante is that I don't see Dante wearing a monocle and purple coat in the Devil May Cry 4 trailers do you?

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
Solidus;8539 said:
Dosen't matter really. She's Trish. Go into the Start menu while playing as LDK and you'll see something called "Luce and Ombra" Sparda's hand held guns."

Why would he suddenly start using different guns to Ebony and Ivory if he was Dante?

Yeah their likenesses are the same, but that was because they are being cheap, in fact, go into the start menu while playing as Sparda and you'll see that picture of him holding his guns and his face is clearly different looking from Dante's. The LDK in DMC3 also has the same face as younger Dante and Vergil. This is clearly because they didn't feel the need to make a different face for human form sparda.

Anyway why would Dante's mother screw some horrible demon looking guy with those big horns? He must have done something to look human first otherwise no woman would have married him.

Also why would Dante feel the need to change his shadow (LDK's is demon shaped, even in human form)

Also another reason why LDK cannot be Dante is that I don't see Dante wearing a monocle and purple coat in the Devil May Cry 4 trailers do you?

True but you said "human form" Sparda was a PURE demon and with no need to conceal his identity, why go in the guise of a human?:\

IloveVergil

Demon a$$-kicker
Solidus;8539 said:

Your points make sense,,,but capcom has left so many weird ambiguities in this LDK that I wonder if it is possible to confirm who he really is.Anyway when it comes to your arguments I di have some answers....I think Sparda has a different human form than LDK.Dante's mom married sparda for as long as he is in his human form,it doesn't matter whether he is a coachroach like demon inside.And the cause we didn't see Dante wearing the LDK costume or using Luce and ombra in DMC4 trailers is that he is even more older when he becomes LDK.Dante didn't change his shadow,when his demonic powers grew his shadow changed on its own.
I fu***** hate capcom for being so cheap>_<

The Phantarch;8541 said:
True but you said "human form" Sparda was a PURE demon and with no need to conceal his identity, why go in the guise of a human?:\

Well when living in the human world I guess Sparda didn't want to be stared at all the time,plus a handsome face is needed to seduce pretty women like Eva:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
IloveVergil;8560 said:
Well when living in the human world I guess Sparda didn't want to be stared at all the time,plus a handsome face is needed to seduce pretty women like Eva:lol:

He wouldn't be stared at, maybe admired, after all he's the hero of the human race remember. Also, his human form is smaller than his true form, should that be the case. Now can you imagine trying to fit into a costume three sizes too small. Also his costume isn't conventionally good looking is it, I mean since when is a monocle attractive. (No I'm not gay, I'm looking at it from a majority point of view)

Solidus

Rebellion
True but you said "human form" Sparda was a PURE demon and with no need to conceal his identity, why go in the guise of a human?

Well like ilvergil and I said, no one is going to fall for some ugly lookin demon guy with two whopping great horns over his head. He had to change his appearance in order to blend in with human society and pull some girl and have two sons with her. I just can't imagine Dante and Vergil's mother doing the nasty with someone who looks like this:

normal_sparda-devil-trigger.jpg

but capcom has left so many weird ambiguities in this LDK that I wonder if it is possible to confirm who he really is.
I agree there, they don't exactly make it very clear who exactly the LDK is, but I say that the "Luce and Ombra/Sparda's Twin handguns" text and the "Sparda" text you see whilst saving the game kind of tips it.

And the cause we didn't see Dante wearing the LDK costume or using Luce and ombra in DMC4 trailers is that he is even more older when he becomes LDK

Ok then let's assume for a second that the LDK is just a differently styled version of Dante. Then I have some questions. Why would he ever feel the need to start using the Luce and Ombra guns (Eb and Ive are better looking aren't they lol), where did he get the guns from, why he is using the Yamato sword all of a sudden, why does Yamato have identical power to Alastor, (it didn't when Vergil used it), and crucially, where, how and why did Dante get the Yamato sword from? Vergil seemingly left it behind when he set out to hunt down Dante on Mallet Island...

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
Solidus;8568 said:
Well like ilvergil and I said, no one is going to fall for some ugly lookin demon guy with two whopping great horns over his head. He had to change his appearance in order to blend in with human society and pull some girl and have two sons with her.

Mundus created trish. Sparda was more powerful than mundus so why couldn't he just make Dante and Vergil, or just one of them in any case. I don't know, don't get me wrong DMC is good but the plot shouldn't be so convoluted.

d4rkn1ght

Devils Never Cry
that is Incorrect..............i guess
Sparda has the way to defeat Mundus.........coz of his bravery that Sparda has.................and Mundus has pure Evil coz he is the Prince of Darkness
but his Demon form and his powers was trapped in the Demon world to shut down the gate

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
d4rkn1ght;8617 said:
that is Incorrect..............i guess
Sparda has the way to defeat Mundus.........coz of his bravery that Sparda has.................and Mundus has pure Evil coz he is the Prince of Darkness
but his Demon form and his powers was trapped in the Demon world to shut down the gate

Remember in DMC1 it says that after Sparda defeated the demons (Mundus included) he quietly reigned the human world and so on and so forth until his death. Proving that he actually was more powerful than Mundus. He defeated Mundus and his entire flank on his own!

Solidus

Rebellion
The Phantarch;8635 said:
Remember in DMC1 it says that after Sparda defeated the demons (Mundus included) he quietly reigned the human world and so on and so forth until his death. Proving that he actually was more powerful than Mundus. He defeated Mundus and his entire flank on his own!

We must bear in mind that the story of Sparda seems to vary subtly with every retelling - sometimes it says it took on Mundus and his cohorts singlehandedly, and in the DMC1 manual it says Sparda led a rebel force against Mundus. Then DMC3 through in the whole Temen-ni-gru stuff and made the story of how Sparda beat the Underworld very convoluted.

Mundus created trish. Sparda was more powerful than mundus so why couldn't he just make Dante and Vergil, or just one of them in any case. I don't know, don't get me wrong DMC is good but the plot shouldn't be so convoluted.
Well maybe Sparda and Mundus have different -kinds- of power, if you know what I mean.

About Mundus making Trish; Yeah and I'd like to know exactly what Trish is. Is she pure human? Pure demon made to look human? At one point she talks about humans in the third person during the battle with Nightmare as though she is not one of them, and Dante refers later to himself and Trish as, "We humans...never give up..." It's confusing.

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
Solidus;8638 said:
We must bear in mind that the story of Sparda seems to vary subtly with every retelling - sometimes it says it took on Mundus and his cohorts singlehandedly, and in the DMC1 manual it says Sparda led a rebel force against Mundus. Then DMC3 through in the whole Temen-ni-gru stuff and made the story of how Sparda beat the Underworld very convoluted.

Well maybe Sparda and Mundus have different -kinds- of power, if you know what I mean.

About Mundus making Trish; Yeah and I'd like to know exactly what Trish is. Is she pure human? Pure demon made to look human? At one point she talks about humans in the third person during the battle with Nightmare as though she is not one of them, and Dante refers later to himself and Trish as, "We humans...never give up..." It's confusing.

Maybe Sparda wasn't alone in a physical sense but he was in necessity cos his power rendered his allies obsolete.
Also, what you're saying is that Sparda only had the power to destroy, not create as Mundus was able to. Now this seems a paradox as Sparda in DMC3 was considered a god. Mundus was only a devil. You're right it is a confusing topic. Trish is a woman with supernatural power, or so it says in her character profile in the DMC1 manual. This suggests that she's a human but with supernatural power, like Arius in DMC2.

d4rkn1ght

Devils Never Cry
The Phantarch;8635 said:

Mundus created his army..............and i guess Sparda was created by Mundus too..............but Sparda has the gutts to defeat Mundus and Seal the gate of the Underworld

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
d4rkn1ght;8663 said:
Mundus created his army..............and i guess Sparda was created by Mundus too..............but Sparda has the gutts to defeat Mundus and Seal the gate of the Underworld

No way! Mundus wouldn't have been stupid enough to create an entity more powerful than himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom