• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

who is the legendary dark knight?

who is LDK

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

d4rkn1ght

Devils Never Cry
The Phantarch;8728 said:
No way! Mundus wouldn't have been stupid enough to create an entity more powerful than himself.

hhmmm.............maybe
my bad
that means that Sparda was an Independent Demon and he Defeated Mundus to shut down the Portal

Kaihedgie

I'd have to agree with Solidus on this one. LDK is not Dante, but instead Sparda himself. Another evidante reason is his slicked back hair. Because Vergil always wanted to be like his father so much, he had slicked his hair back in a similar manner. Note the comparisons. Also evidenced is that he does not have a stubble as Dante is shown in DMC 4. Yamato was a keepsake given to Vergil, so it make sense that he'd wield it before giving it to his son. So from then on forth after DMC 3, the Yamato Devil Arm is never seen again anywhere. Also, please take note of LDK's shadow, as it looks exactly like Sparda and his title 'Legendary Dark Knight' also refers to Sparda as he bore the same title. In conclusion, LDK is none other than Sparda in human form

d4rkn1ght

Devils Never Cry
well.............the speech was too aesome and long too
good one dude............i was thinking, u play Nelo Angelo costume right?? have u guys dont have a clue that the Nelo Angelo (real form) could be brother of Sparda??? or He can have a different name

Kaihedgie

d4rkn1ght;8750 said:
well.............the speech was too aesome and long too
good one dude............i was thinking, u play Nelo Angelo costume right?? have u guys dont have a clue that the Nelo Angelo (real form) could be brother of Sparda??? or He can have a different name

WRONG! You should already know, Nelo Angelo is Vergil merely corrupted, in turn, is Dante's brother and the other son of Sparda.

machindix

Kaihedgie;8751 said:
WRONG! You should already know, Nelo Angelo is Vergil merely corrupted, in turn, is Dante's brother and the other son of Sparda.

Uh... I guess d4rkn1ght's trying to say that if you play the first battle with Nelo Angelo in the LDK costume, then you'll have another "Sparda" walk out of the mirror and transform into Nelo Angelo. Since we have Vergil coming out of the mirror in Dante's game, the same formula could be applied to Sparda, who would probably have his own twin brother, the first and original Nelo Angelo, walk out of the mirror too...

I don't know... this is all too confusing...@@

Things will be much easier if LDK was just Dante...

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
Kaihedgie;8747 said:
I'd have to agree with Solidus on this one. LDK is not Dante, but instead Sparda himself. Another evidante reason is his slicked back hair. Because Vergil always wanted to be like his father so much, he had slicked his hair back in a similar manner. Note the comparisons. Also evidenced is that he does not have a stubble as Dante is shown in DMC 4. Yamato was a keepsake given to Vergil, so it make sense that he'd wield it before giving it to his son. So from then on forth after DMC 3, the Yamato Devil Arm is never seen again anywhere. Also, please take note of LDK's shadow, as it looks exactly like Sparda and his title 'Legendary Dark Knight' also refers to Sparda as he bore the same title. In conclusion, LDK is none other than Sparda in human form

You put up a very convincing argument but if it is truly sparda he should have unlimited DT as he's a pure demon. Also Sparda wielded "The sword that bore his own name" to vanquish the demons. Correct me if I'm wrong here but Sparda is not called Yamato. Trish refers to both Dante and Sparda as legendary dark knights. Also, like I said before his guise as a human is smaller than him, now if you tried fitting into a costume that much smaller than you, you'd break it. On top of this the lines are still the same and in the cutscenes he's still referred to as Dante. Also, what if Dante aquired Yamato by other means. I mean Mundus obviously wouldn't let Vergil keep a sword that could cut through him so I think it would have been left in one of the bloody cesspools of hell. Also Dante seems to undergo an evolution in each of the DMCs like in DMC 1 and 3 he still uses his handguns in DT but in number 2 he fires demonic energy at the enemies from his hands. So why couldn't he have eventually become a true Sparda? I mean he did at the end of DMC1 anyway so to think that he couldn't have a permenant evolution seems TBTB. in any case I think that both case scenarios are NINP but I really think that it is an older Dante.

d4rkn1ght

Devils Never Cry
machindix;8768 said:
Uh... I guess d4rkn1ght's trying to say that if you play the first battle with Nelo Angelo in the LDK costume, then you'll have another "Sparda" walk out of the mirror and transform into Nelo Angelo. Since we have Vergil coming out of the mirror in Dante's game, the same formula could be applied to Sparda, who would probably have his own twin brother, the first and original Nelo Angelo, walk out of the mirror too...

well thanks for explaining Machindix ;)

IloveVergil

Demon a$$-kicker
The Phantarch;8772 said:
You put up a very convincing argument but if it is truly sparda he should have unlimited DT as he's a pure demon. Also Sparda wielded "The sword that bore his own name" to vanquish the demons. Correct me if I'm wrong here but Sparda is not called Yamato. Trish refers to both Dante and Sparda as legendary dark knights. Also, like I said before his guise as a human is smaller than him, now if you tried fitting into a costume that much smaller than you, you'd break it. On top of this the lines are still the same and in the cutscenes he's still referred to as Dante. Also, what if Dante aquired Yamato by other means. I mean Mundus obviously wouldn't let Vergil keep a sword that could cut through him so I think it would have been left in one of the bloody cesspools of hell. Also Dante seems to undergo an evolution in each of the DMCs like in DMC 1 and 3 he still uses his handguns in DT but in number 2 he fires demonic energy at the enemies from his hands. So why couldn't he have eventually become a true Sparda? I mean he did at the end of DMC1 anyway so to think that he couldn't have a permenant evolution seems TBTB. in any case I think that both case scenarios are NINP but I really think that it is an older Dante.

Nice explanation:)

d4rkn1ght

Devils Never Cry
ya................but when u reatin the fire........it show an electrical power in Dante´s hand...............but in DMC2 when he fires the last bullet for Despair of Embodied............it shows a massive electrical

Kaihedgie

The Phantarch;8772 said:

Not an older Dante in anyway. Trish calls Dante a Legendary Dark Knight out of enthusiam, however, that is the only time he is ever called that. As a demon, Sparda should have the ability to shapeshift. In the special edition of DMC 3, a new Super Legendary Dark Knight costume is added which has real unlimited Devil Trigger, which in turn, would display Sparda's incredible power. Dante only transforms into a similar form of 'Sparda' in desperation, so he hasn't truly become like his father it comes to that. And it surely wouldn't make sense for him to replace Ebony and Ivory since they are his trademark guns. In DMC3, LDK wields Force Edge, thougj he can still DT to his demon form, further alluding to the fact he is Sparda. And if he was an older Dante, don't you think he might have sounded....older? Speaking of which, LDK doesn't have a stubble like Dante does

Solidus

Rebellion
You put up a very convincing argument but if it is truly sparda he should have unlimited DT as he's a pure demon.
How do you know this? Anyway Dante and Vergil can also be made to have infinite DT in DMC3, as well as Sparda, so I don't know how relevent this arg is.
Also Sparda wielded "The sword that bore his own name" to vanquish the demons. Correct me if I'm wrong here but Sparda is not called Yamato.
So? He is allowed use more than one sword you know. Not just one.

Also, like I said before his guise as a human is smaller than him, now if you tried fitting into a costume that much smaller than you, you'd break it.
You do know that the DMC games feature magic right? he could have used magic to transfigure himself into a human form. Obviously he couldn't fit into a human costume.
On top of this the lines are still the same and in the cutscenes he's still referred to as Dante.
Well, why wouldn't they be? The LDK is just a cheap bonus swop that puts him in place of Dante.
but in number 2 he fires demonic energy at the enemies from his hands.
He can use Beowulf's Zodiac and Ifrit's Meteor in DMC1 and 3, as well as the air raid attacks in 1 and 3. So I don't know which evolution you are talking about here...
So why couldn't he have eventually become a true Sparda?
Uh? He got the inherited power of Sparda in that fight with Mundus, Dante is a being in his own right, I don't think you can really have him get better than that.

in any case I think that both case scenarios are NINP but I really think that it is an older Dante.
It can't be because Dante does not look a day older than in the normal red costume. Also why would he use Sparda's twin guns, Luce and Ombra? And why would Dante start wearing purple anyway? That costume dosen't make sense. It looks too "old world" for Dante. Those clothes just aren't Dante's style. And Dante wear a monocle? Come on. Also if it is Dante why is he specifically referred to as "Sparda" in the save game menu?

And this argument should tip it -- take a look at the LDK that you can get in DMC3 - he is clearly made to look correspondingly younger as the new younger Dante of that game.
In fact LDK is made to look even younger for DMC3, not older at all.
Dante only transforms into a similar form of 'Sparda' in desperation, so he hasn't truly become like his father it comes to that.
Yeah, during that flying part with Mundus he stays in the demon form for the whole time. But if I was Dante I wouldn't want to look like demon-Sparda all the time, looking human would be better.

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
IloveVergil;8793 said:
Nice explanation:)

You did understand it all, didn't you?
If not, let me know and I'll explain.

Solidus;8812 said:
How do you know this? Anyway Dante and Vergil can also be made to have infinite DT in DMC3, as well as Sparda, so I don't know how relevent this arg is.

Fair enough

So? He is allowed use more than one sword you know. Not just one.

Yes but he'd have that sparda sword from the beginning if it was Sparda.

You do know that the DMC games feature magic right? he could have used magic to transfigure himself into a human form. Obviously he couldn't fit into a human costume.

Yes, but then you're contradicting your previous point about Sparda's "different power" to mundus

Well, why wouldn't they be? The LDK is just a cheap bonus swop that puts him in place of Dante.

So the plot made sense

He can use Beowulf's Zodiac and Ifrit's Meteor in DMC1 and 3, as well as the air raid attacks in 1 and 3. So I don't know which evolution you are talking about here...

I was talking about innate power, not achieved.

Uh? He got the inherited power of Sparda in that fight with Mundus, Dante is a being in his own right, I don't think you can really have him get better than that.

Yes but he should permenantly inherited it even when he gave trish the Sparda sword

It can't be because Dante does not look a day older than in the normal red costume. Also why would he use Sparda's twin guns, Luce and Ombra? And why would Dante start wearing purple anyway? That costume dosen't make sense. It looks too "old world" for Dante. Those clothes just aren't Dante's style. And Dante wear a monocle? Come on. Also if it is Dante why is he specifically referred to as "Sparda" in the save game menu?

Maybe "Sparda" is a title not a name. Also DMC is "Goth paradise" So why not with a 16th century cultist look. Maybe he used Luce and Ombra cos he wanted to be the spitting image of his dad.

And this argument should tip it -- take a look at the LDK that you can get in DMC3 - he is clearly made to look correspondingly younger as the new younger Dante of that game.
In fact LDK is made to look even younger for DMC3, not older at all.

What, he looks the same age!

Yeah, during that flying part with Mundus he stays in the demon form for the whole time. But if I was Dante I wouldn't want to look like demon-Sparda all the time, looking human would be better.

Your opinion, pal, Dante said when Arkham had Sparda's power that his father wasn't that hideous, then said and I quote "can't you tell by looking at me" meaning that he's proud of his father's appearance.

Last edited by a moderator:

Solidus

Rebellion
Yes but he'd have that sparda sword from the beginning if it was Sparda.
Surely if it was an older Dante he too would have the Sparda sword at his disposal from the outset also...instead he chooses the crappy force edge and the new yamato, abandoning all the other cool devil arms he got before. If he is so obsessed with becoming ridiculously similar to his father, why is he using Vergil's old sword?
Yes, but then you're contradicting your previous point about Sparda's "different power" to mundus
How so?
Yes but he should permenantly inherited it even when he gave trish the Sparda sword
fair point there. Maybe he didn't for DMC2 because he would be too powerful from the beginning and it would make the game even easier still. In fact I've heard that in DMC2 you can get Dante to assume a DT form that looks like Sparda...

Maybe "Sparda" is a title not a name.
Aw, come on, no way man. That makes no sense. You cannot be serious.
Maybe he used Luce and Ombra cos he wanted to be the spitting image of his dad.
Don't you think that changing his hair, clothes and guns to be so spitting image similar is taking it to a bit of an extreme?

We'll have to agree to disagree on those two counts there.
Also DMC is "Goth paradise" So why not with a 16th century cultist look.
16th century cultist? Huh? Does this mean you agree that Sparda did once wear a monocle and purple suit and slick back hair?Dmc is set in modern day anyways.
What, he looks the same age!
Uh-huh. And some are saying he's supposed to be an -older- version of Dante. In both games LDK is made to be the same age and appearance as Dante. If LDK is an older Dante why does LDK look correspondingly younger in DMC3?
Your opinion, pal, Dante said when Arkham had Sparda's power that his father wasn't that hideous, then said and I quote "can't you tell by looking at me" meaning that he's proud of his father's appearance.
I thought Dante said it was like staring into a backed up toilet? That cutscene is stupid and confusing anyway. It only lends more credibilty to the idea that Sparda changed his look to look more human at some point.

Also if it's an older Dante why does he favour the crappy force edge and yamato and abandon all the devil arms he got when he was younger? Such as Sparda, alastor and Ifrit.
True but you said "human form" Sparda was a PURE demon and with no need to conceal his identity, why go in the guise of a human?
No need to conceal his identity? Are you serious? There's no way he was going to get laid looking like that picture I posted before.

d4rkn1ght

Devils Never Cry
Sparda wanted to be Incognit in entire world.............that y he married Eva and he carried Incognit life...............now the Demons showed up and te only hope is Dante to kill them all

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
Solidus;8887 said:
Surely if it was an older Dante he too would have the Sparda sword at his disposal from the outset also...instead he chooses the crappy force edge and the new yamato, abandoning all the other cool devil arms he got before. If he is so obsessed with becoming ridiculously similar to his father, why is he using Vergil's old sword?

How so?

fair point there. Maybe he didn't for DMC2 because he would be too powerful from the beginning and it would make the game even easier still. In fact I've heard that in DMC2 you can get Dante to assume a DT form that looks like Sparda...

Aw, come on, no way man. That makes no sense. You cannot be serious.

Don't you think that changing his hair, clothes and guns to be so spitting image similar is taking it to a bit of an extreme?

We'll have to agree to disagree on those two counts there.

16th century cultist? Huh? Does this mean you agree that Sparda did once wear a monocle and purple suit and slick back hair?Dmc is set in modern day anyways.

Uh-huh. And some are saying he's supposed to be an -older- version of Dante. In both games LDK is made to be the same age and appearance as Dante. If LDK is an older Dante why does LDK look correspondingly younger in DMC3?

I thought Dante said it was like staring into a backed up toilet? That cutscene is stupid and confusing anyway. It only lends more credibilty to the idea that Sparda changed his look to look more human at some point.

Also if it's an older Dante why does he favour the crappy force edge and yamato and abandon all the devil arms he got when he was younger? Such as Sparda, alastor and Ifrit.

No need to conceal his identity? Are you serious? There's no way he was going to get laid looking like that picture I posted before.

To this argument I'll reply first that yes I am serious, I mean come on Arkham said he WAS saprda when he unlocked his power and Mundus adressed Dante as "A Sparda" showing that it is a title.
second. You misunderstood me the LDK looks the same age in both DMC1 and in DMC3.
thirdly. As regards to the whole "It's like staring into a backed up toilet" scenario. Dante was saying that behind all of what appeared to be Sparda was nothing but Arkham. You ask how you're contradicting your own point, you basically said that Sparda had no creative power, thus he'd be incapable of creating a disguise for himself and if he did have that sort of craetive power he would have been able to create Dante and/ or Vergil. I think we've established that Yamato was once a sword belonging to Sparda then to Vergil but in Vergil's absence Dante wouldn't want any old putrifying demon to handle Yamato. As regards to your Devil arms question I can only reply the same answer as you put for why he didn't have the Sparda sword, he'd be too powerful for the game. Also who cares if it's modern day, how many people do you see carrying a sword the size of a bloody car around with them, also I don't see any real people going about their every day lives in a trench coat. A monocle is just as bizzare admittedly, but I don't see either happening. If it was Sparda in human form like you say, he'd look 2000 years old (not a good look, I think you'll agree) and I think he is taking it a bit extreme but in DMC everything is extreme. Like I said before though, both arguments are NINP so if you have a counter argument, let's hear it.

Solidus

Rebellion
Mundus adressed Dante as "A Sparda" showing that it is a title.

Title...or is it surname? You don't know for sure in what context Mundus was referring to Dante as "A Sparda". Also for me it still dosen't explain why the LDK is referred to as Sparda in the save game menu. Why not just "Older Dante" or "Dante"? When is Dante ever been called "Sparda"? He's got his own damn name.

Another argument I've just come up with: Why does DMC1 call it "CHARACTER CHANGE" when starting a fresh game if all you get is Dante, Older Dante and Super Dante? If that is the case then they ought to have called it "COSTUME CHANGE", if we only get to play as variations of Dante, and if you are right then we are not being able to play as different characters at all.

You misunderstood me the LDK looks the same age in both DMC1 and in DMC3.

Nope. Read again:

Solidus said:
And some are saying he's supposed to be an -older- version of Dante. In both games LDK is made to be the same age and appearance as Dante. If LDK is an older Dante why does LDK look correspondingly younger in DMC3?

you basically said that Sparda had no creative power

Nope sorry. Said nothing of the sort. Perhaps I might have implied that Sparda cannot click his fingers and make blond chicks appear out of thin air...which to me is more of a mean feat than doing some trickery to make oneself appear human.

thus he'd be incapable of creating a disguise for himself and if he did have that sort of craetive power he would have been able to create Dante and or Vergil.

He dosen't need any damn "creator" power, maybe it's the power to CHANGE what he already has. To add to this I have a another side theory: You know how in the DMC3 story it says that at some point Sparda started to fear his own powers had become too strong and decided to seal them away with the Force Edge in the underworld? Well maybe when he did that, maybe a side effect to that was that he was left looking human-like.

I think we've established that Yamato was once a sword belonging to Sparda then to Vergil but in Vergil's absence Dante wouldn't want any old putrifying demon to handle Yamato.

Fair enough, but I don't think that Dante gives a rat's backside about the Yamato, especially since he's already clocked up about a hundred cool devil arms now, each with their own unique elemental devil powers.

If it was Sparda in human form like you say, he'd look 2000 years old
He just had to look human to fit in with society and get laid. He just had to. I don't think he aged the same way as humans: "A devil knight took pity on humans for their brief, transient lives". We don't know how old he looked when ever he finally did die.

Also who cares if it's modern day, how many people do you see carrying a sword the size of a bloody car around with them, also I don't see any real people going about their every day lives in a trench coat. A monocle is just as bizzare admittedly, but I don't see either happening.
If LDK is Dante, it still dosen't make sense to me that he would suddenly after all those years decide now would be the time to change his style of hair and clothes and start wearing a monocle, even after DMC4 and DMC2.

Also can I reiterate a previously run argument: if LDK is an older future Dante, why does he look the exact same age as DMC1 Dante? Why not older, more rugged, perhaps with a bit of facial hair growth, like Dante has started to in DMC4?

how many people do you see carrying a sword the size of a bloody car around with them,
Well, since there's no demons in the real world...
also I don't see any real people going about their every day lives in a trench coat.
Uh? I have. Maybe not bright red trenchcoats but yeah...

I mean come on Arkham said he WAS sparda when he unlocked his power
Eh? I'd like a quotation and cutscene reference there. Also on a related note I say we must accept both the butt-ugly horned demon and silver haired guy in purple suit as both being how Sparda looks.

To be honest I say my "Sparda name tag in the save game menu" argument is what settles this. And: Why does the picture change to one of demon-sparda in the save game menu of DMC1? Shouldn't it change to a depiction of the so-called, older Dante in purple if it is Dante? What the **** is A pciture of SPARDA doing there?!? Hmm??

Kaihedgie

Well put, and Arkham was never Sparda to begin the first place. It has been confirmed in his boss profile that he did NOT become Sparda for real. He temporarily took on that form until it was evident he could not control the power anymore, which resulted him in transforming into something hideous that did not reflect Sparda's visage, but what the wielder's true form was: something of an 'indescribable evil', alluding to the 'powered up' amorphus form he took. Fans refer to Sparda's sons as Dante and Vergil Sparda, but that is not official as Capcom said nothing about the two having surnames. And as forementioned by Solidus, Dante only wears red, along with some hints of black, but he has never once wore any purple. And if Sparda were to have any more forms to be assumed 'powered up', it's safe to say that it's defintely the form Dante takes on whenever he used his Devil Trigger power to transform into a hellish dragon. You can pretty much assume that Sparda can do the exact same thing

Solidus

Rebellion
Another thing to add: Check out the description text for the Yamato in the devil arm select menu. It is described in a very "present-tense" way - "It's the legendary sword wielded by Sparda. It is said that it has the will and the power to divide and wipe out the darkness." Surely if this was an older Dante it would be described in a past tense way? Like it is a sword once used by Sparda.

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
Solidus;8943 said:
Title...or is it surname? You don't know for sure in what context Mundus was referring to Dante as "A Sparda". Also for me it still dosen't explain why the LDK is referred to as Sparda in the save game menu. Why not just "Older Dante" or "Dante"? When is Dante ever been called "Sparda"? He's got his own damn name.

Another argument I've just come up with: Why does DMC1 call it "CHARACTER CHANGE" when starting a fresh game if all you get is Dante, Older Dante and Super Dante? If that is the case then they ought to have called it "COSTUME CHANGE", if we only get to play as variations of Dante, and if you are right then we are not being able to play as different characters at all.

Nope. Read again:

Nope sorry. Said nothing of the sort. Perhaps I might have implied that Sparda cannot click his fingers and make blond chicks appear out of thin air...which to me is more of a mean feat than doing some trickery to make oneself appear human.

He dosen't need any damn "creator" power, maybe it's the power to CHANGE what he already has. To add to this I have a another side theory: You know how in the DMC3 story it says that at some point Sparda started to fear his own powers had become too strong and decided to seal them away with the Force Edge in the underworld? Well maybe when he did that, maybe a side effect to that was that he was left looking human-like.

Fair enough, but I don't think that Dante gives a rat's backside about the Yamato, especially since he's already clocked up about a hundred cool devil arms now, each with their own unique elemental devil powers.

He just had to look human to fit in with society and get laid. He just had to. I don't think he aged the same way as humans: "A devil knight took pity on humans for their brief, transient lives". We don't know how old he looked when ever he finally did die.

If LDK is Dante, it still dosen't make sense to me that he would suddenly after all those years decide now would be the time to change his style of hair and clothes and start wearing a monocle, even after DMC4 and DMC2.

Also can I reiterate a previously run argument: if LDK is an older future Dante, why does he look the exact same age as DMC1 Dante? Why not older, more rugged, perhaps with a bit of facial hair growth, like Dante has started to in DMC4?

Well, since there's no demons in the real world...

Uh? I have. Maybe not bright red trenchcoats but yeah...

Eh? I'd like a quotation and cutscene reference there. Also on a related note I say we must accept both the butt-ugly horned demon and silver haired guy in purple suit as both being how Sparda looks.

To be honest I say my "Sparda name tag in the save game menu" argument is what settles this. And: Why does the picture change to one of demon-sparda in the save game menu of DMC1? Shouldn't it change to a depiction of the so-called, older Dante in purple if it is Dante? What the **** is A pciture of SPARDA doing there?!? Hmm??

First I'll reply to your last argument. A picture of Sparda was shown after you defeated Mundus on mission 22. Also I think that an older Dante sounds less off the wall than 2000 year old dead dude suddenly and randomly resurrcted.
So you've gone about your every day life in a trech coat. I'll believe that when I see it.
Maybe he's a close shaver later on, we know how osessed he is with himself. I mean "Can't you tell by looking at me" that scene in DMC3 shows you how conceited he is and people stay the same on those fronts.
Also you've created another paradox in your arguments, being able to change is to be able to CREATE change so if he has creative powers in one area, why not in more than one. After all he's seen as a god. Like I said before even the, what you call, human Sparda isn't conventionally attractive. He looks like a stiff. True I don't know in what context "A sparda, was used. However addressing someone by their second name is something only superiors do so why did even the humans call Sparda by that name if he was superior to them in every concievable way (minus aesthetics).
Also Yamato is a sword said to cut anything, it would render a lot of Dante's arsenal obsolete and the last thing Dante wants is to be decapitated by it by some DMC fodder.
No demons in the real world, eh. So what there are thieves, murderers, terrorists and every other type of scum on this panet but I don't see people flipping off the walls with dual pistols in hand and a stupidly sized sword strapped to their back.
Your character change argument idea isn't really valid because super Dante and regular are pretty much one and the same so why shouldn't the same follow for LDK.
Also, oh come on if Sparda sealed his power away and became human, he would have lost his immortality to age. You can't integrate two arguments that contradict each other in such a way that, no matter what context they're put in, they don't make sense. Also LDK features in all of Dante's cutscenes in the exact same way so if your little scenario is true then the game makes less sense than a drunk who's just come out after eleven.

Solidus;8949 said:
Another thing to add: Check out the description text for the Yamato in the devil arm select menu. It is described in a very "present-tense" way - "It's the legendary sword wielded by Sparda. It is said that it has the will and the power to divide and wipe out the darkness." Surely if this was an older Dante it would be described in a past tense way? Like it is a sword once used by Sparda.

Yes, to say it is currently in existance that's to say but "Wielded" could be past tense

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom