• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

So Naruto sucks?

IncarnatedDemon

I've seen a belittling attitude on these forums on Naruto and Bleach. I will talk about Naruto.
No story is perfect, but to dismiss a serie just because of certain things that are not good by it...is just ignorant in my opinion.
So i will talk about Naruto in this thread

WHAT IS NARUTO?
About a boy Uzumaki Naruto who when he was a child had a demonic fox (Kyubi) sealed inside of him. The setting is in a ninja village called Konoha (Hidden village of Leaf).
Before the fox was sealed into the body of Naruto, it had been a symbol of destruction and villagers feared it. When it was sealed into Naruto many of the villagers looked at Naruto and saw the demon but not the boy. The adults mistreated Naruto and looked at him with cold stares. Naruto had no parents and was also alone.
BABY%20NARUTO%20AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!.gif

Naruto: I've been there... In that same dark and lonely place... But I've found others... others who accept me for who I am... That's why I will protect them... even if I have to kill you.

NarutoxHinata pairing
Nowdays i don't read or view Naruto manga/comic for the main story. As honestly the main story has become pretty dull to me. Even Naruto who was once a good character have become boring to me. He repeats alot of the same things and i think many fans feel the qualiy of the manga's main story and Naruto as a character has gone down.

One of major things i read Naruto manga for is: The love between a girl named Hinata and Naruto. I will dwell into why i like this side story.

Genin was lowest rank for a Ninja, but it was also what defined you as a Ninja. Once you graduated and to Genin, you were a ninja.
Naruto happy to have become a genin rank after alot of hardship (he failed alot in school)
In anime they showed Hinata be happy for Naruto, but in manga not.

After Genin came the rank Chunin which required you to take intelligent decisions to get promoted. There were many tests and fights. In the very first one Naruto had issues, it was a theoretic test and he sucked at such stuff.
Hinata noticed that Naruto was struggling(she sat next to him) and she knew who Naruto was because she like him (whether as friend or love interest is irelevant).
Hinata notices Naruto struggling with test questions
She then whispers that he can look at her answers and if you read on next pages Naruto
And if you read on she answers a question from Naruto "Why are you willing to do that?" with a excuse about "rookies sticking together" (rookies = refering to classmates).
Naruto says then "I am awesome ninja andi dont need to cheat, besides you can get into trouble for helping me" even though Naruto was stuck as a rock in a ocean with the test.
Later on in Chunin examination Naruto begins his first match against Hinata's team mate. Hinata cared for both of them. Naruto as someone she admired and Kiba as his team mate who she also cared for.
After the match Naruto was all bruised Hinata (who believe me was at the time VERY insecure girl) build up guts to reach out to Naruto by giving him a medical cream that helps recovering faster. The black haired woman is Hinata's team leader.

Hinata also talks with Kiba and Kiba who cares about Hinata says "Hinata if person your going to fight against is a strong guy or Neji forfeit immedtiately". Neji is a guy who is from same clan as Hinata who has a grudge against Hinatas father.
Hinata gets teamed up with Neji, but she doesn't forfeit. And when Hinata's will was at weakest Naruto was there to cheer her (Hinata was almost bursting in tears): here and here.
Hinata also says recites Naruto's way of Ninja "I don't go back on my words"
Sakura (Naruto's teammate) shares with Naruto Hinata watched Naruto alot.
Alot of thing happen in the match, Hinata gets hurt badly and Neji even attempts to kill her but is stopped.

Hinata suffers a critical wound and Naruto hears possibility of Hinata could die, a intense surge of feeling runs through him, and he raises his closed fist and points at Neji and says "I will beat you". During the match and after Neji preached about a loser will never change and labeled Hinata as a loser. Naruto even almost got into a fight with Neji.

Moving on to final matches, Naruto felt all depressed and thought of how strong Neji is and how he probably wont be able to beat him. He was feeling depressed.
However, he met Hinata and she cheered him up to point he said "I feel great!!". All the doubt that was inside of Naruto was washed away by Hinata, because she saw the good thing in him (he later becomes a hero and very powerful later on in story).

In the match against Neji, Naruto wins. And when he celebrates with raising his hands up in air, he wonders "Where is Hinata? Is she watching?".

FINAL WORDS FROM ME
This was just me highlightning Naruto and Hinata relationship. Whether you want to interpret it as friendship or romantic thing is really up to you, either way these two individuals care for eachother.
I didn't cover everything. There are alot of things you need to read yourself to get a better perspective of how important certain things are.

For example before you can understand how significiant it is that Hinata didn't forfeit against Neji, you must understand Hinata's background.

And so on.

If you read through all of that then big respect to you. I hope you may read Naruto and enjoy it.

Naruto has some great story development between Naruto and Hinata. There is alot more that i didnt cover though btw.

p.s Naruto doesnt suck.

Chimera Khaos

Hades Leading General Commander
Well I'm glad someone finally hasn't just crapped all over Naruto(even though I will admit it has its flaws)just because 'they don't like it'.
I too am a passionate Naruto fan at heart and always will be, call me a freak if you will pretty much since I do know a lot about the subject, but even still, there's a lot to love about the series in my opinion.

IncarnatedDemon

Well I'm glad someone finally hasn't just crapped all over Naruto(even though I will admit it has its flaws)just because 'they don't like it'.
I too am a passionate Naruto fan at heart and always will be, call me a freak if you will pretty much since I do know a lot about the subject, but even still, there's a lot to love about the series in my opinion.
Naruto has great stuff in it. Anyone denying that is either ignorant or stupid.

Also i am a very passionate NarutoHinata fan.

Btw have you seen this?
roughdraft71kf1.jpg

It's a early sketch made by the author before the manga was created. Clearly author had planned this relationship between these two all along.

Chimera Khaos

Kishimoto never fails to impress at all :)

Edit: Although I will admit, I wish he'd stop killing off all the good characters damn him!...

IncarnatedDemon

Kishimoto never fails to impress at all :)

Edit: Although I will admit, I wish he'd stop killing off all the good characters damn him!...
I don't mind deaths. What's more important than having characters around is a story that is balanced and serious. If you never kill off imporant characters then everyone will feel "Psst noone important dies in this story, only nameless fodder who isnt any important".

Which is exactly right.

Besides characters never die, they stay with people in their heart. Not that they were alive to begin with.

Chimera Khaos

I don't mind deaths. What's more important than having characters around is a story that is balanced and serious. If you never kill off imporant characters then everyone will feel "Psst noone important dies in this story, only nameless fodder who isnt any important".

Which is exactly right.

Besides characters never die, they stay with people in their heart. Not that they were alive to begin with.

I get that and all, but now that people are dying and dead, oh what's this? The dead can come back to life?
This I don't get, you kill the characters off for good reason and then you give them the means to return?
Sometimes Naruto confuses me with the life death situation...

IncarnatedDemon

I get that and all, but now that people are dying and dead, oh what's this? The dead can come back to life?
This I don't get, you kill the characters off for good reason and then you give them the means to return?
Sometimes Naruto confuses me with the life death situation...
Could you elaborate why that confuses you :p?

IncarnatedDemon

Why kill beloved characters only to bring them back again?...
1) It's a way to give power to villains

but the main reason he did that is
2) Reunion

TsunadexDan reunion = Tsunade had alot issues with herself because of the deaths in her life
Zabuza/Haku reunion with Team Kakashi

etc.

I know i was SUPER HAPPY to see Zabuza and Haku interact with Kakashi about how Naruto is doing
http://www.mangapanda.com/naruto/521/15

Also edo tensei made other positive influences. One of the most important one was Gaara finding out the truth about his mother's love for him. Even gave his father chance to regret his actions.
His father as you know explained "Gaara the sand that protects you is your moher's love embedded into the shukakus sand".

Which is another great proof of Naruto story not sucking.

I dont think everything about the edo tensei was good. But it served many purposes.

Chimera Khaos

^Now that is a good answer :3

Although I would say about Gaara is that even if he hadn't received 'medicine' from his Father, he'd have eventually found out his Mother loved him.

IncarnatedDemon

^Now that is a good answer :3

Although I would say about Gaara is that even if he hadn't received 'medicine' from his Father, he'd have eventually found out his Mother loved him.
Yes, but it's really important for it to be shown. Even though we know he would eventually find it out :p

It's like Naruto finding out he had parents.

Chimera Khaos

Let me rephrase Gaara finding out his mother loved him deeply was compareable to Naruto meeting his parents and finding out they loved him deeply.
Ok that's more relatable, I gotta love Naruto's reunion more though, especially when he punches his Father and in return gets punched by his Mother, classic lol XD

IncarnatedDemon

I can't wait to see Kurama at full power and alongside Naruto, gonna kick some Uchiha @ss!..
That will be very interesting. I am more eager for Sasuke finding out Fourth is Narutos father, and everyone else. + I am also excited to see everything surrounding that.

I am also SUPER excited to see Grandpa Third hokage (hes so kind guy) to see Naruto has grown up and become a hero.

Naruto was one of the guys who acknowledged his grandson as a independt individual. And Third was also a support for Naruto.

Chimera Khaos

That will be very interesting. I am more eager for Sasuke finding out Fourth is Narutos father, and everyone else. + I am also excited to see everything surrounding that.

I am also SUPER excited to see Grandpa Third hokage (hes so kind guy) to see Naruto has grown up and become a hero.

Naruto was one of the guys who acknowledged his grandson as a independt individual. And Third was also a support for Naruto.
I think what most people are anticipating is the four kages, Orochimaru and Sasuke joining the war, oh yeah, all Hell is gonna break loose!..

But besides that, I really wanna see Hashirama and Madara fight one on one like at Final Valley...

IncarnatedDemon

I think what most people are anticipating is the four kages, Orochimaru and Sasuke joining the war, oh yeah, all Hell is gonna break loose!..

But besides that, I really wanna see Hashirama and Madara fight one on one like at Final Valley...
I must admit i am not to excited about Madara and hashirama. When Madara appeared first time as EDo tensei i was excited but the "Madara and Hashi is friends" kinda ruined mood for me. it became like this

Hashi and Madara, Hiruzen and Danzo, Oro and Jiraya and Naruto and Sasuke

Where one part is dark
Other part is light

Even Kakashi and Obito is kinda like that to some extent.

I like Oro alot though so well see what happens. Kishi may surprise me with his plans and i may get excited once again :p

Chimera Khaos

I must admit i am not to excited about Madara and hashirama. When Madara appeared first time as EDo tensei i was excited but the "Madara and Hashi is friends" kinda ruined mood for me. it became like this

Hashi and Madara, Hiruzen and Danzo, Oro and Jiraya and Naruto and Sasuke

Where one part is dark
Other part is light

Even Kakashi and Obito is kinda like that to some extent.

I like Oro alot though so well see what happens. Kishi may surprise me with his plans and i may get excited once again :p
Orochimaru annoys me but only because the idiot keeps coming back...
And then when he finally meets his end, oh no, he comes back again...

Top Bottom