• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Shock Horror!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinky750

Sir Fretalot
thirsty for attention egoraptor said:
That was it. I had to prove to the world that Dante sucks and so do you for thinking he's a badass.

the last few of you who posted have also done personal remarks. Don't.

me said:
aww ahah man this is quite funny.i dont mean to absolutely break your little old heart but believe it or not,not alot of people care of what you say,including me.and,one of these guys are right,it IS just a game.so quit your little whining and obsessing about the little things in a non-real GAME and go on with your little ****y life.

ahmen to that.

dave said:
It's just a videogame, they are just videogame characters...are you really that mad just because of what a stupid magazine says? They're not even real...I mean...it's just a game...

ahmen to that.

and how can stating that the article is "just a bit of fun" at the top ruin the joke? i might have actually fount it funny if he said that.

KoRnDawwg

-is writing an album
Hey ho Egoraptor! Remember me? Of course you do, how could you possibly miss me? And yes, I indeed do mean what I said in your comments.

The truth is that you are insulting a game to which has millions of fans worldwide, and you expect everyone to agree with you on what you think about Devil May Cry sucking?

Plus if this entire blog was a "joke" that isn't meant to be taken seriously, then why the Hell did you write it in th first place? Don't you have anything else better to do in your life? Seriously, it is just stupid isn't it? In addition, the entire thing is a game, do you expect the storyline to be entirely realistic?

Honestly, you really do have no taste ¬_¬

Steven

That-Damn-Good
Well, since this thread is turning into a somewhat heated debate.. I shall lock this. And plus we have people talking about how Dante is not badass, and insulting him... even though he is only a game character.

pinky750

Sir Fretalot
that's not the point of locking threads:dry:

i can't believe you can defend him. we may be acting "childish" because he says those things, but he is the childish one for actually putting it there in the first place.

Steven

That-Damn-Good
Well, if you want it left open, then I can leave it... But if it heats up anymore, then I shall be locking this, no questions asked.

BigDaddy

That's right Pinky. He's childish because he wrote something that you and a few of your friends didn't like. Sorry I didn't see that before. I cannot argue with such superior logic.

Please illuminate us as to what other things are pointless so no one else will ever write anything that you find pointless and therefore render the author childish.

After you're done, maybe Korn_Dowggg can list the things he finds pointless so that no one will ever write about them again. Then I'll come back and give you a list of things that are pointless so no one will ever offend me and write about them.

When everyone is finished, then send the list on over to Egoraptor, so he'll never write anything childish again.

How's that sound?

IloveVergil

Demon a$$-kicker
My dear bigdaddy, would you please stop insulting the forum members just because you think they are acting childish? You seem to have taken up a mission to defend that guy and criticize anyone who is angry at him because of his ramblings on that site.

finaleve

We're defending him because you guys decide to degrade a man of his opinion. There is nowhere on that site that says you have to believe him. I mean, damn, seriously. you get spam in your mail telling you things and what do you do? Delete them, don't listen to them. Yet when you voluntarily look at someones opinion on something, some of you take offense.

I'm glad that some people here can at least say "I found it funny" or "I didn't find it funny" and leave it at that. Not everyone gets humor all the time, or just didn't like it.

Just like you guys say DMC is leagues above Zelda. You have your right to say that. I don't think thats remotely possible, but that is my opinion. I just have different tastes in games.

oh, and I love how you guys try and defend Dante likes hes real or something. At least I try and defend someone who is.

BigDaddy

My dearest IloveVergil,

If you would kindly point out any post where I insulted any member of this forum, I will gladly apologize. I don't believe in ad-hominem attacks on people and such attacks both here and in Egoraptor's comments section upon him are what drew me to this thread.

Let's see... You called Egoraptor a "mindless fart" in post 5. LeatherJoy said he sounded like a "total moron" in post 9. In post 11, Anit4e said "he needs to go to a hospital." Post 16 finds Sparada1127 referring to Egoraptor as "an ***hol." Nelo Assholo elevated him to the level of "tasteless pricks" and opined that the only thing for Egoraptor to do now was "cut his wrists... with a spoon..." That really was a funny line.

Sparada1127 calls him "an asshole" in post 33. Pinky thinks he's "pathetic" in post 37.

But nowhere in my posts do I see anything that I would consider an insult towards anyone on this forum. I don't and won't do ad-hominem attacks or character assassination on anyone.

Egoraptor

I don't know if ILoveVergil can recover from this one folks, but you never know, he could have a trump card up his sleeve!

pinky750

Sir Fretalot
BigDaddy;36427 said:
That's right Pinky. He's childish because he wrote something that you and a few of your friends didn't like. Sorry I didn't see that before. I cannot argue with such superior logic.

Please illuminate us as to what other things are pointless so no one else will ever write anything that you find pointless and therefore render the author childish.

After you're done, maybe Korn_Dowggg can list the things he finds pointless so that no one will ever write about them again. Then I'll come back and give you a list of things that are pointless so no one will ever offend me and write about them.

When everyone is finished, then send the list on over to Egoraptor, so he'll never write anything childish again.

How's that sound?

and you think that's not slander. believe me, sarcasm doesn't work on me. now i think you're pathetic.

i can't believe that you signed on here just to defend this guy over something he wrote about a video game. the only time i insulted him was because he was taking something seriously that was in a video game.

and you think some people here won't not like what was said? you are on a devil may cry forum. where people like devil may cry. some people obviously won't like what was said.

you keep saying how "he is entitled to his opinion" well so are we

and stop it with the sarcasm, coz it's just boring. you probably think you're really clever doing it but you aren't. now lay off. we are entitled to our opinion if he is allowed his.

Egoraptor;36471 said:
Oh you guys. ;)

Egoraptor;36475 said:
Ohhh burn! Are you gunna take that, ILoveVergil?

and you're supposed to be older than me?

IloveVergil

Demon a$$-kicker
Egoraptor;36479 said:
I don't know if ILoveVergil can recover from this one folks, but you never know, he could have a trump card up his sleeve!

I am a girl :p

Egoraptor;36475 said:
Ohhh burn! Are you gunna take that, ILoveVergil?

If you are trying to make me lose my temper by using sarcasm,sorry,you won't succeed.:p

BigDaddy;36478 said:
My dearest IloveVergil,

If you would kindly point out any post where I insulted any member of this forum, I will gladly apologize. I don't believe in ad-hominem attacks on people and such attacks both here and in Egoraptor's comments section upon him are what drew me to this thread.

Let's see... You called Egoraptor a "mindless fart" in post 5. LeatherJoy said he sounded like a "total moron" in post 9. In post 11, Anit4e said "he needs to go to a hospital." Post 16 finds Sparada1127 referring to Egoraptor as "an ***hol." Nelo Assholo elevated him to the level of "tasteless pricks" and opined that the only thing for Egoraptor to do now was "cut his wrists... with a spoon..." That really was a funny line.

Sparada1127 calls him "an asshole" in post 33. Pinky thinks he's "pathetic" in post 37.

But nowhere in my posts do I see anything that I would consider an insult towards anyone on this forum. I don't and won't do ad-hominem attacks or character assassination on anyone.

BigDaddy;36478 said:
Pinky750 said "well if he was just pointing out absurdities why didn't he say that instead of all that rubbish?"

Because then he couldn't have drawn you into his storyline and made you so angry. But you didn't figure out he was putting you on. If you had, you would have found it to be a decent piece of humor. That either says his article was too believable or you're not quite sophisticated enough to figure out what he was doing. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say that the article was too believable.

When you're telling a joke, you don't start off with a disclaimer and tell the punch line before you tell the rest of the joke. You tell the joke and people laugh (or not) and then someone explains it to the people who didn't get it. Hint... It's satire!

And pointless? By whose decree? Yours? You said in Post 10 that you didn't find it funny. Does that suddenly make it pointless? I find South Park pointless, but it's been on Comedy Central for nearly a decade, and it's funny as hell! So what if it is pointless? If you read the comments to his review, you'll find that even though you found it pointless and not funny, there are others who don't share your opinion. There are even quite a few people who contributed to this thread who thought it was funny. Guess what! They got it!
It IS pointless to describe Devil may cry game by the way he did it.If he wanted to make jokes he could have done it casually,but he points out every single detail of the game and explains them in a grotesque and illogical way...hell, he twists every single thing in the game in order to make it look bad. Don't tell me he was joking ,cause he definitely was not.And the language he uses?"You better be glad I'm typing this because it's taking every ounce of my strength not to bust a load of **** all over the place. " What the hell? He points out all those stupid logic of his without knowing anything about the game and I can prove it.Here....

"Dante is a totally unrealistic character and isn't cool at all because of it."
It's a goddamn fantasy game,dammit.NO ONE IS SUPPOSED TO BE REALISTIC HERE!!!

"Not even a "what the hell?" or anything that any realistic character or true person would say in this situation. Instead he has to keep his cool 100%, making it an overload of "cool" which makes it genuinely uncool, because of how lame it is."
If anyone plays the game,they should know that Dante is a demon hunter and demons and weird people appearing out of nowhere isn't anything new for him.

"Though when they arrive in mid-day, they are not fatigued at all."
They are both demons with inhuman strength,sp they do not feel tired.

"Oh yeah, like in his profession he encounters these things every day."

He does encounter these things every day,you moron.:mad:

"Now, that the skank finally gets what's coming to her, Dante cries over her "death." But he's such a badass, nothing phases him! I guess skanks he's only seen for upwards of 10 minutes dying in front of him are much more traumatizing than giant flies dropping flesh eating maggots on you, poltergeists with oversized hedge clippers, raptor-men, giant electricity sparrows, and meeting the lord of the underworld."

If he had done any research on the plot and story of devil may cry he would not have said that.Dante's mother was murdered in front him when he was a child. Reliving the worst memory of one's life(in this case,Dante's mother's death) can be pretty depressing for anyone.Trish might not BE his mother but she does look like her so it triggered the horrible memories of Dante's past. crying in such a situation is not lame,foolish or anti-badass,it's just human.The lines were a bit cheesy,maybe,but there was no reason to keep bad mouthing for so long without thinking anything.

So next time you decide to publish your mindless crap,do it after some research.

"Now see I'd have no problem with Dante just being a loser. There are plenty of video game characters out there... like maybe around 5 who are more loserish than Dante. But the thing that tickles me pink is that people seem to think Dante is a "badass." Now see this misconception also wouldn't bother me either if it didn't interrupt the regular cycle of my digestion one day. I was flipping through some ****ty Playstation magazine that sucks and is generally crap because it sucks and it sucks, and I noticed they had a poll on the "top 5 Playstation badasses!" instantly I thought "Solid Snake. No contest." I mean, a guy who hits on his operator, is totally humble about his skills, and yet goes around taking out gene therapy enhanced soldiers, battling tanks and body builders weilding experimental anti-tank guns, and just genuinely kicking the **** out of anything that moves has got to be under the "badass" persuasion, right?

Well, you're wrong, according to this magazine (that sucks, if you haven't gotten that yet).

Yes, Sold Snake was a mere and insulting 2nd Place, beaten only by the old grey haired one liner cocky stupid loser bull**** stereotypical assgrabbing... guy. Dante."

So the true reason for his "crusade" against Dante is just to prove what a badass "Solid snake" is,huh?Well he could have just said that and we would agree saying "Hell yeah!Solid snake rocks!" But taking up weapons against as you guys put it,"a fictional video game character" to prove that he's worse than yet another "fictional video game character" is just POINTLESS.:sick:

KoRnDawwg

-is writing an album
Egoraptor;36479 said:

So you are just hiding behind your little posse are you now?

BigDaddy;36478 said:
My dearest IloveVergil,

AND NOW I WANT TO DO THE CHA-CHA LIKE A BIG GIRL AND PUT ON A PINK DRESS

Let's see... You called Egoraptor a "mindless fart"

Yeah you mindless fart

in post 5. LeatherJoy said he sounded like a "total moron" in post 9.

Yeah? Do I sense a lie in that statement?

In post 11, Anit4e said "he needs to go to a hospital." Post 16 finds Sparada1127 referring to Egoraptor as "an ***hol." Nelo Assholo elevated him to the level of "tasteless pricks" and opined that the only thing for Egoraptor to do now was "cut his wrists... with a spoon..." That really was a funny line.

It sure was!

WHAT????! You insulted millions of Devil May Cry fans through your stupid blog!

finaleve;36474 said:
We're defending him because you guys decide to degrade a man of his opinion.

When millions of others disagree with you anyway. Great plan!

There is nowhere on that site that says you have to believe him. I mean, damn, seriously. you get spam in your mail telling you things and what do you do? Delete them, don't listen to them. Yet when you voluntarily look at someones opinion on something, some of you take offense.

You twat, that is because you are insulting a game that people adore. Of course people are going to take offence.

I'm glad that some people here can at least say "I found it funny" or "I didn't find it funny" and leave it at that. Not everyone gets humor all the time, or just didn't like it.

Maybe people have more balls to stand up and say what they think?

Just like you guys say DMC is leagues above Zelda. You have your right to say that. I don't think thats remotely possible, but that is my opinion. I just have different tastes in games.

You are right, people have different taste in games, but what you said was beyond just an "opinion", it was an insult. Plus what you have just said now proves that you indeed don't like the game and what you said was not a joke.

oh, and I love how you guys try and defend Dante likes hes real or something. At least I try and defend someone who is.

At least we don't shout and complain and whine aboiut a game which isn't real.

BigDaddy;36427 said:

So what is more logical, liking a game or writing over five pages worth of paragraphs on something that is only meant to be taken as a "joke"?

After you're done, maybe Korn_Dowggg

That's Mr.KoRn_Dowwg666 to you mate.

can list the things he finds pointless so that no one will ever write about them again. Then I'll come back and give you a list of things that are pointless so no one will ever offend me and write about them.

How's that sound?

Bad.

^_^

BigDaddy

Pinky. No, that's not slander. Acually, it's not even sarcasm. It's juxtaposition. I took your viewpoint on the matter and looked at things in the manner in which you have been writing about them in this exchange. In looking back, I can see how you thought it was sarcastic.

No it wasn't slander. Slander is not of the written word. it is spoken. You were looking for the word libel, which is essentially the same thing but regarding something written. It is also not libelous. I did not say anything defamatory or untrue about you in the post.

I didn't come over here to defend what he wrote, and I wouldn't have come here at all had several of the people in this forum not first gone over to his website and attacked his character.

He didn't write his review in the Devil May Care Forum, but it's OK if people from this forum go over and attack him? He wrote it on his own website. I can understand someone not liking what he wrote and that's certainly fine to tell him so on his site.

But it's not OK for me to come over here and voice my opinion, in a thread that specifically was started with a link to his site? Correct me if I'm wrong, but that seems to be what you have been saying here.

It's OK to think his article is pathetic, but you have no way to judge that HE is pathetic (nor I for that matter). It's perfectly acceptable to dislike his article for any reason at all, from his writing style even down to the color selections and fonts he chose for the page. It's also your right to express your distaste, here or in his forum, as he has made that option available to you and I don't believe he has deleted any posts either in his blog or his reviews (but I don't know that for certain). In fact, based on his contributions to this thread (assuming it really is Egoraptor) it doesn't look like he is terribly upset at any of the things the people in this forum have called him.

Nor was I offended by the comments. I just wanted to figure out what it is that makes a young person (not necessarily just you) take such umbrage over someone's humourous, but scathing review of a video game that they will fire off personal attacks at the author. Unfortunately, I'm no closer to knowing that than I was when I arrived.

Be well, my young friend (and if you don't think I sincerely mean that, then let me just say I wish you well).

KoRnDawwg

-is writing an album
BigBaddyPuffDaddy;36606 said:
Pinky. No, that's not slander. Acually, it's not even sarcasm. It's juxtaposition. I took your viewpoint on the matter and looked at things in the manner in which you have been writing about them in this exchange. In looking back, I can see how you thought it was sarcastic.

No it wasn't slander. Slander is not of the written word. it is spoken. You were looking for the word libel, which is essentially the same thing but regarding something written. It is also not libelous. I did not say anything defamatory or untrue about you in the post.

Shut up and get to the point...

I didn't come over here to defend what he wrote

Well, why the Hell are you here?

And I wouldn't have come here at all had several of the people in this forum not first gone over to his website and attacked his character.

Well many people attacked his character over on his forum who are not from here, so what was the point?

He didn't write his review in the Devil May Care Forum, but it's OK if people from this forum go over and attack him? He wrote it on his own website. I can understand someone not liking what he wrote and that's certainly fine to tell him so on his site.

But it's not OK for me to come over here and voice my opinion, in a thread that specifically was started with a link to his site? Correct me if I'm wrong, but that seems to be what you have been saying here.

But it is different when there are millions of people against you

It's OK to think his article is pathetic, but you have no way to judge that HE is pathetic (nor I for that matter).

But he is pathetic for writing a pathetic post

It's perfectly acceptable to dislike his article for any reason at all, from his writing style even down to the color selections and fonts he chose for the page. It's also your right to express your distaste, here or in his forum, as he has made that option available to you and I don't believe he has deleted any posts either in his blog or his reviews (but I don't know that for certain). In fact, based on his contributions to this thread (assuming it really is Egoraptor) it doesn't look like he is terribly upset at any of the things the people in this forum have called him.

Good, we can continue. Everyone load up your cannons!

Nor was I offended by the comments. I just wanted to figure out what it is that makes a young person (not necessarily just you) take such umbrage over someone's humourous, but scathing review of a video game that they will fire off personal attacks at the author. Unfortunately, I'm no closer to knowing that than I was when I arrived.

Okay, I have said this a substantial amount of times so I am just gonna give up saying it...

Be well, my young friend (and if you don't think I sincerely mean that, then let me just say I wish you well).

Well, actually, I am very young. I am twelve years of age.

;).

pinky750

Sir Fretalot
BigDaddy;36606 said:

whatever you might call it, it was still trying to be smart and it just doesn't work.

you were still trying to be clever and see if that bothered me though which it didn't.

I didn't come over here to defend what he wrote (then why defend him?), and I wouldn't have come here at all had several of the people in this forum not first gone over to his website and attacked his character.

would you mind not having a go at me then, because i didn't say anything on his site.

He didn't write his review in the Devil May Care Forum (it's devil may CRY forum), but it's OK if people from this forum go over and attack him? He wrote it on his own website. I can understand someone not liking what he wrote and that's certainly fine to tell him so on his site.

if it's okay with you for people to comment on his site, then why come and bother us? they were just voicing there own opinion of what he put.
he wrote it. he gave it a reply box. therefore he wanted feedback. well he got feedback.

when the **** did i say that hmm? i never said you weren't entitled to your opinion did i? it's just that i seem to be able to have a response to what you are saying.

It's OK to think his article is pathetic, but you have no way to judge that HE is pathetic (nor I for that matter). (well if he wrote it and it is pathetic then he must be pathetic) It's perfectly acceptable to dislike his article for any reason at all, from his writing style even down to the color selections and fonts he chose for the page. (THEN LET US VOICE OUR OPINION.) It's also your right to express your distaste, here or in his forum, as he has made that option available to you and I don't believe he has deleted any posts either in his blog or his reviews (but I don't know that for certain). (THEN LET US VOICE OUR OPINION.) In fact, based on his contributions to this thread (assuming it really is Egoraptor) it doesn't look like he is terribly upset at any of the things the people in this forum have called him.

that's because he thinks he can use sarcasm to annoy us when it doesn't work. and this is why we CAN say he is pathetic

then **** off.

why don't you just say, "up yours"

:)$)

BigDaddy

To Pinky750,

would you mind not having a go at me then, because i didn't say anything on his site.

Sorry. You were the first one to engage me on this site. No, I won't have a go at you.

why don't you just say, "up yours"

Had that been what I meant, I would have said that. I said what I meant!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom