• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Shock Horror!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinky750

Sir Fretalot
i don't know how you guys can say "oh, he's only doing it for a joke" because 1. that just makes him more enemies, 2.it's not even funny and 3. has it impressed anyone? no.

it reminds me of the time i was searching on youtube to find out if anyone is crazy enough to have actually got 100% notes hit on jordan on guitar hero 2 expert difficulty. i saw a video titled "jordan 100% notes hit expert" (or something to that effect). when i watched it he was obviously playing it on easy, so i looked at the comments at the bottom and people where saying things like "that's on easy dooshbag" and "you didn't hit every note!". the guy who made the video said "haha! do you get it? it's just a joke to take the mick out of people who post videos of themselves playing guitar hero. funny eh?".
who the hell finds that funny? if anything it's very saddening that he took the time to do that, and also like i said before, it doesn't impress anyone.

KoRnDawwg

-is writing an album
pinky750;30417 said:
i don't know how you guys can say "oh, he's only doing it for a joke" because 1. that just makes him more enemies, 2.it's not even funny and 3. has it impressed anyone? no.

Exactly! Why is he making such an article when he knows thousands of Devil May Cry fans are going to disagree with him and hate his guts for it??????

pinky750

Sir Fretalot
because you spoke of guitar hero and i had to comment...:D :D :D

but i don't think he would do that for a joke, coz that is one heck of a waste of time...

KoRnDawwg

-is writing an album
pinky750;30765 said:
because you spoke of guitar hero and i had to comment...:D :D :D

but i don't think he would do that for a joke, coz that is one heck of a waste of time...

That is true...

Vencedor

oh i've seen worse believe me. how about the whole growing cats in jars website that turned out to be a hoax? also theres a massive website that just makes fun of christians its crazy the stuff bored ppl do

finaleve

Are you guys really idiots? Seriously, the guy plays video games and makes them into flash cartoons for a living, first of all.
He mentions his friend once throughout the article, and thus nothing really came out of that other than a clash of opinion.
He then goes on to how the game goes, why he "dislikes" the game, or point out the flaws in the story (would you seriously help a chick that beats the crap out of you?).
No real harm is done, other than making fun of DANTE and not Devil May Cry.

So hey fanboys, grow up. People have opinions, so learn to deal with it when someone says they don't like a game. NOT EVERYONE IS LIKE YOU OR LIKES THE SAME THINGS AS YOU. As if that wasn't obvious enough when you went through school ( or still going through or whatever it is you people do ).

Sqwuib

^^^^ Totally agree...
On another note... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, Fanboys/girls are hilarious.

Seriously... He's joking about A VIDEO GAME! Not your relatives not even you... God get a girl/boyfriend and a life as well, don't defend a video game it doesn't have feelings and you shouldn't be so ignorant to see what Egoraptor (one word no capital letter for raptor :p) was actually talking about.

It was funny... And I feel like my intelligence is dropping every time I read one of your posts...

I love nerds... You are just way too funny

pinky750

Sir Fretalot
finaleve;35716 said:
Are you guys really idiots? Seriously, the guy plays video games and makes them into flash cartoons for a living, first of all.
He mentions his friend once throughout the article, and thus nothing really came out of that other than a clash of opinion.
He then goes on to how the game goes, why he "dislikes" the game, or point out the flaws in the story (would you seriously help a chick that beats the crap out of you?).
No real harm is done, other than making fun of DANTE and not Devil May Cry.

So hey fanboys, grow up. People have opinions, so learn to deal with it when someone says they don't like a game. NOT EVERYONE IS LIKE YOU OR LIKES THE SAME THINGS AS YOU. As if that wasn't obvious enough when you went through school ( or still going through or whatever it is you people do ).

Sqwuib;35726 said:
^^^^ Totally agree...
On another note... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, Fanboys/girls are hilarious.

Seriously... He's joking about A VIDEO GAME! Not your relatives not even you... God get a girl/boyfriend and a life as well, don't defend a video game it doesn't have feelings and you shouldn't be so ignorant to see what Egoraptor (one word no capital letter for raptor :p) was actually talking about.

It was funny... And I feel like my intelligence is dropping every time I read one of your posts...

I love nerds... You are just way too funny

already you two have ****ed me off.

if he posted that on the internet then we are entitled to comment on it dip****s.

anyone will get frustrated by another person making fun of something they like, so you need to have a better understanding of human feelings.

AND DON'T DARE CALL ME A NERD OR FANBOY AGAIN.

BigDaddy

Have you read any of his other game reviews on the site? If you did you would see that he's having fun pointing out the absurdities in all of them. Read the other reviews. You'll probably think they are pretty funny, mainly because unlike DMC, you're not unconditionally devoted to them.

There is an art to seeing the absurdities in everyday life. It's called satire. If you're upset about what he writes it's probably because you believe by making fun of the character, he's making fun of you. That's just not the case.

You state "anyone will get frustrated by another person making fun of something they like, so you need to have a better understanding of human feelings." Quite simply, you're wrong! If you subscribe to that theory, you're in for a very sad life, because people aren't going to respect your sacred cows any more than you're going to respect theirs.

Perhaps without realizing it, you and the other people who have expressed such outrage in this thread over Egoraptor's review just perpetuate the stereotype of fanboys. This thread is actually funnier than the review that got you all riled up!

It's a video game, for goodness sake! We have global warming, pollution in our water and air, overpopulation, and drugs rampant on our streets. Somehow getting all steamed up because someone called Dante a pussy seems a bit... well, childish.

pinky750

Sir Fretalot
BigDaddy;35827 said:
Have you read any of his other game reviews on the site? If you did you would see that he's having fun pointing out the absurdities in all of them. Read the other reviews. You'll probably think they are pretty funny, mainly because unlike DMC, you're not unconditionally devoted to them.

There is an art to seeing the absurdities in everyday life. It's called satire. If you're upset about what he writes it's probably because you believe by making fun of the character, he's making fun of you. That's just not the case.

You state "anyone will get frustrated by another person making fun of something they like, so you need to have a better understanding of human feelings." Quite simply, you're wrong! If you subscribe to that theory, you're in for a very sad life, because people aren't going to respect your sacred cows any more than you're going to respect theirs.

Perhaps without realizing it, you and the other people who have expressed such outrage in this thread over Egoraptor's review just perpetuate the stereotype of fanboys. This thread is actually funnier than the review that got you all riled up!

It's a video game, for goodness sake! We have global warming, pollution in our water and air, overpopulation, and drugs rampant on our streets. Somehow getting all steamed up because someone called Dante a pussy seems a bit... well, childish.

well if he was just pointing out absurdities why didn't he say that instead of all that rubbish?

i wasn't getting worked up by the fact he was bad-mouthing devil may cry, i was annoyed that he would waste so much of his time on something very pointless.

and your calling US childish? what about him then hmm?

finaleve

excuse my angry post, just was having a bad day and that just hit some of the right buttons to do that.

In truth, its a joke. It's on the internet, and its someone's opinion, and because of his opinion, you begin to offend him (the ones that do in case it wasn't obvious).

you need to at least do research, hell, look at the other entries, before you light the fuse of fanboyish rage, and yes, fanboyish rage. Why? Because you are infuriated by someone making fun of your favorite character/game. Just like when the other DMC fans flipped when the DMC4 is shared between 360 and PS3.

BigDaddy

Pinky750 said "well if he was just pointing out absurdities why didn't he say that instead of all that rubbish?"

Because then he couldn't have drawn you into his storyline and made you so angry. But you didn't figure out he was putting you on. If you had, you would have found it to be a decent piece of humor. That either says his article was too believeable or you're not quite sophisticated enough to figure out what he was doing. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say that the article was too believable.

When you're telling a joke, you don't start off with a disclaimer and tell the punch line before you tell the rest of the joke. You tell the joke and people laugh (or not) and then someone explains it to the people who didn't get it. Hint... It's satire!

Pinky750 said "I wasn't getting worked up by the fact he was bad-mouthing devil may cry, i was annoyed that he would waste so much of his time on something very pointless."

How would that affect you? You've never met him, you live almost 2000 miles apart (assuming you and he both live where you say you do) and you don't know what else he has to do in his daily life. What if he's unable to go out in public due to some massive injury that tragically disfigured him and the computer is his only window on the world? Maybe he has tons of time on his hands and writing satire, parodies and comedy is what amuses him.

And pointless? By whose decree? Yours? You said in Post 10 that you didn't find it funny. Does that suddenly make it pointless? I find South Park pointless, but it's been on Comedy Central for nearly a decade, and it's funny as hell! So what if it is pointless? If you read the comments to his review, you'll find that even though you found it pointless and not funny, there are others who don't share your opinion. There are even quite a few people who contributed to this thread who thought it was funny. Guess what! They got it!

Egoraptor has done dozens of voice clips for various flash movies that are all over the Internet. He has written or co-written a bunch more flash movies. He has animated quite a few flash features. Currently his animation, Metal Gear Awesome remains in Newground.com's top 10 flash animations with almost two and a half million views. He wrote, voiced and animated the entire flash, with only two other people providing short voice clips. He does animations for MTV's G-Hole Internet gaming site. When Gameshout.com was doing live broadcasting via the Internet, he was one of the regulars, doing... game reviews.

That's not too shabby for someone who is only a few years older than you. If that's pathetic like you suggest in post 36 of this thread, then I'd like to be just as pathetic!

And actually, I wasn't calling everyone in the thread childish. That was aimed more at those who were ready to take up arms against some guy who had soiled the name of... no wait... a fictional video game character. Sorry... I crack up laughing every time I re-read those posts. It was aimed at those who are so childish as resort to ad-hominem attacks on his character. If the shoe fits...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom