• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

My X Box is dying....

Eris Strife

The Discordian Trickster
*reads the entire page*

High-five to DB and Dread! I sure prefer real-time battling to... whatever you call the system where you wait for the bars to fill up. :D It's why I stopped playing FFX-2, not because the plot was weird, but because the battles just p***ed me off.

I haven't played Metroid (or Halo, for that matter), but I think now I'll give Metroid a shot. Who knows, could be my next big addiction. XD

aka958

Don't trust people
Whoa, WHOA! Wait a little sec?
Back talking about me?

Screw you!

Anyways... Dreadnought, a remake isn't a slight update, it is a remastered version of perfection. Still having the same plot and gameplay but remastered.
It is why it is called a remake.

Check FFI, FFII, FFIII, FFIV remakes. Not a single touch on the beautiful battle system. Why would square change one of their past FF games so much it isn't the same anymore?

FFVII in my opinion had one of the most solid gameplay ways. Not easy to spam limit breaks, no limited stock on magics, a solid magic system guarranteing that you won't get Fira in the start, the system didn't feel slow. The only game I can compare it's flawless battle system is FFVI.
Final Fantasy was turn based, why would they change it? It isn't FINAL FANTASY if they change it, FFXIII and FFXII still holds to those elements in some way. You want real time battling like FFXII?

Open your eyes, how many fans would like the battle system changed to something as FFXII? Many HATE the FFXII battle system (not me, I love it!). Those friggin' FFVII fanboys/girls doesn't want such a big change.
And I'm with them, if they want to change the battle system, do a ****ing new game in the compilation (Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, Before Crisis, anyone?).

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
aka958;213566 said:
Whoa, WHOA! Wait a little sec?
Back talking about me?

Screw you!

You are right,it wasn't the right thing to do.I'm sorry for that.

aka958;213566 said:
Anyways... Dreadnought, a remake isn't a slight update, it is a remastered version of perfection. Still having the same plot and gameplay but remastered.
It is why it is called a remake.

Well...I'm not Dread,but do you about Falcom?The company that makes Ys,Vantage Matser,Zwei and Eiyuu Densetsu series?This guys truly are the masters of remakes.They even remake their own remakes.If they did remake their games the way you define remake,they wouldn't exist by now to make Ys 7.

aka958;213566 said:
Check FFI, FFII, FFIII, FFIV remakes. Not a single touch on the beautiful battle system. Why would square change one of their past FF games so much it isn't the same anymore?

As I,almost,jokingly said before,Nomura doesn't have any "authority" on the matter,because they are not games he worked on.And neither did Kitase[that Nomura manipulates...again,almost,joking].The guys who remastered them didn't want many changes?Fine.They did as they wanted.

aka958;213566 said:
FFVII in my opinion had one of the most solid gameplay ways. Not easy to spam limit breaks, no limited stock on magics, a solid magic system guarranteing that you won't get Fira in the start, the system didn't feel slow. The only game I can compare it's flawless battle system is FFVI.

True,it was solid.No more on the subject.

aka958;213566 said:
Final Fantasy was turn based, why would they change it? It isn't FINAL FANTASY if they change it, FFXIII and FFXII still holds to those elements in some way. You want real time battling like FFXII?

You are wrong on that my friend : Final Fantsy isn't about turn-based combat.Final Fantasy is a series of [mainly] RPGs of different kinds,in different worlds,with different characters with some elements in common[magic,chocobos etc].Final Fantasy is about diversity.And to counter your logic,how come Crisis core,Disidia,Dirge of Cerberus and the Crystal Chronicles ARE part of Final Fantasy?So far the only titles that aren't RPGs are Dirge of Cerberus and certain chocobo titles.

aka958;213566 said:
Open your eyes, how many fans would like the battle system changed to something as FFXII? Many HATE the FFXII battle system (not me, I love it!). Those friggin' FFVII fanboys/girls doesn't want such a big change.
And I'm with them, if they want to change the battle system, do a ****ing new game in the compilation (Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, Before Crisis, anyone?).

Many "fanboys/fangirs" HATE the Ivalice alliance.It isn't surprising they hate EVERYTHING about Final Fantasy XII.And the "fanboys/fangirls" are always like that.And to tell the truth,what Nomura will say will count as nearly 99% of what will happen to the FFVII remake.It's one of his babies after all.And his first one to boot.Seriously,why would he just sit down and listen to the guys that go on,let's say,4chan and flame FFVII haters or those who just prefer other games over FFVII?And believe me as much as I want a new game in the FFVII compilation,I also want FFVII to change,Falcom style.

aka958

Don't trust people
Then it isn't a remake at all.

Crisis core, dirge of cerberus, dissidia, tactics... All of those are spin-offs, no one is one of the big numerals. Only two of the big numerals have defied the turn based RPG ways and that is FFXI and FFXII.

FFI, FFII, FFIII had you to choose all your actions before they commence.
FFIV introduced the ATB bar, you all should know of that one.
FFX had turns based on agility, set turn, not the ATB bar.
FFXIII gave a new ATB bar but it is still the turn based shnit you've always had.

Falcom, what the hell is that? I don't care, nor will I care.
Dood, squeenix have made remakes of their own remakes.
FFI and FFII got:
NES 1.0
PSX 1.1
GBA 1.1
PSP 1.2

FFIV got:
SNES 1.0
PSX 1.1
GBA 1.1
NDS 1.2

^See? They remake it so the games that once were obtainable is yet again but keeping themselves a little fresh and still got that rock solid gameplay. Or almost rock solid (looking at you FFII!).

aka958

Don't trust people
^ So you mean that you don't want to continue arguing as you think you will get out of hand?

I've hold my post properly without calling names as an argument is supposed to.
Still you stop posting before you'll get to angry and starts writing more violent and aggressive?
Lulz...

You earlier said that I was the one that got angry easily, how come you can't even control yourself from continuing to write without bursting in anger?
Or are you lying when your saying you'll be getting out of hand because you have nothing else to say?

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
No,no I don't mean that.If we continue we will reach a dead end,since both of us are pretty much rock-solid at our opinions.If we continue it will be like,say,throw toilet paper at a lake in hopes of drenching the lake.

PS : Do my posts seem like I'm in anger?Pretty much in here,I only make calm and/or joke posts[Except when addressing to Capcom and those VG industries out of control].

PS : PS : ...Don't know what to write here...Oh,yeah!Hope It isn't strange to write on more PS here.

PS : PS : PS : Using a PS : PS is strange don't you think?

aka958

Don't trust people
Lulz, jokes...
No I didn't say you were angry, your post said that you were either going to post with either a stronger language or that you were lying not to admit I was right.

It didn't say "We'll hit a dead end if we continue on", it said "Things will get out of hand of we continue on". That strongly implies that you couldn't handle more, some way or another.

PS: There's no problem with a lot of PS's

PS: PS: Strange you hit the space bar when you do a : but not on commas or periods.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
^If that's so,forgive me,as english isn't my first language and I make mistakes all the time.Sorry.

PS : I do that because once I didn't hit space with : and S and resulted in a face or smiley.

PS : PS : I don't remember the forum.

PS : PS : PS : DAMN YOU SAKAMOTO TATSUMA!!!

PS : PS : PS : PS : DAMN YOU ZURAAAAAAA!!

PS : PS : PS : PS : PS : Zura ja nai,KATSURA DA![It's not Zura,it's KATSURA!]

PS : PS : PS : PS : PS : PS : What the hell?

aka958

Don't trust people
Yeah...
But none of that answers why you don't make a space between the . (dots, periods) or the , (commas) in you sentences.

What forums are you talking about?

aka958

Don't trust people
Nooo...

That...

...is...

...really...

...anooying!

Dude, try to read those squeezed together sentences. It's pretty hard when the words are clumped together.

"Hey,how are you doing?I'm doing fine.How about you?"
"Hey, how are you doing? I'm doing fine. How about you?"

Just to show the differences.

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
o_O I love how this thread started off about my poorly Xbox - which has since gone to XBox heaven, :( yet this thread has had some fantastic, random, interesting topics going on! :D

aka958

Don't trust people
Yeah, who want to make so many threads to talk about all that has been talked about?

That would be like, 4 or 5 threads... I think...

Anyways, your xbox way to "heaven" was our way to conversation.

<---- Not a believer.

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
To round this thread up - or basically kill it - lets talk about Vergil potentially being Nero's father and there you go! The thread is complete!

lol *shakes head*

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
aka958;213633 said:
Nooo...

That...

...is...

...really...

...anooying!

Dude, try to read those squeezed together sentences. It's pretty hard when the words are clumped together.

"Hey,how are you doing?I'm doing fine.How about you?"
"Hey, how are you doing? I'm doing fine. How about you?"

Just to show the differences.

Oh,ok.I take it you don't like jokes?

PS : Is
PS : PS : it
PS : PS : PS : really
PS : PS : PS : PS : that
PS : PS : PS : PS : PS : annoying
PS : PS : PS : PS : PS : PS : ?
PS : PS : PS : PS : PS : PS : PS : !

PS : PS : PS : PS : PS : PS : PS : PS : PS : PS : PS : PS : PS : PS : PS : ...

The REAL PS : To those who think that this thread has everything here is the only one thing that can make it better :

Live Action Jojo's Bizzare Adventure part 3 starring Harisson Ford as Grandpa Joseph Joestar[Paying even more homage to Indy].OH YEAH!

Dantenero

Try to open it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joF4n_HT6X0

And pull off the fan

a60eb1f5d0.jpg

Turn on

Wait for about 15-30 minutes, The red ring should be two already, out the fan back and it should work...

SOMETIMES...

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
^ Thanks, but this thread is quite old now. We had to buy a new XBox about a month ago now! :D

Romero

Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Ebony;212168 said:
Well, it's just died - I didn't expect it to go so quick - I'm in mourning! :(

The red ring won't go away. My boyfriend is happy 'cuz he wants a new black one.

I watchedsome of those videos this one is hilarious -
[youtube]avWs4-wD15w[/youtube]

The towel trick looks a bit dangerous though, knowing my luck it'll blow up or something.

I've only had FF13 for 2 days! I'm very annoyed, however it's times like this the emergency credit card comes in! I just hope everything transfers over ok :/

Thanks for the help/suggestions.
This fast video shows the same in one third of the time.
[youtube]31tvXu34T8Q[/youtube]
Sorry about your bad luck Ebony.

The towel trick is almost unbelievable. Wonder how anyone could come up with this idea!

But the biggest mystery to me is, WHY does it work?? What part of the Xbox is broken when the RROD occurs, and how can overheating it fix it temporary? :huh:

Darth Angelo;212224 said:
I am so glad it isn't like the PS3 where the hard drive formats once you change it. Street Fighter IV data can't be copied, neither can Assassins Creed 2 data.
That the game data can't be copied is not the PS3's fault?

Vergil'sB*tch;212521 said:
One thing that really does get my goat is, when you don't switch on a console of two weeks (PSP and Dreamcast in my case) it'll ask you (when you do switch it on) to re-enter the time and date... WHY? Whay can't you keep the time without my help.
My guess is that the console (like every pc) has a small micro cell battery to power its clock. When this problem happens on a pc it is because this battery needs to be replaced. So I think you can solve the problem by replacing a micro cell battery inside the console.

And lol, what is to get someones goat? :p I'm guessing it's same as annoying, angering or something similar. I've never heard it before. :lol:

aka958;213566 said:

Nice to have FF experts here (you and others). I might need to discuss FF when I start playing XII sometime in the future.

aka958;213566 said:
Some games just has to be turn based, or they wouldn't be the same game. Chess for instance. :p

Top Bottom