• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

My X Box is dying....

aka958

Don't trust people
Yeah, that's what I like about it.

But still, they are on their way as this is the first step.
Final Fantasy VII has been milked, I still wonder why they don't do a FFVII remake for the PS3 and the '360 as it is highly requested.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
^They are in due time.During these 7 years of FVII compilation,they said it's either PS3 or PSP,depending the cost and the fan support but also the way they will remake it.

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
Devil Bane;213102 said:
^They are in due time.During these 7 years of FVII compilation,they said it's either PS3 or PSP,depending the cost and the fan support but also the way they will remake it.

Haven't they been saying they'd remake 7 for years now and nothing ever happens?

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
^Nope.The fans made the same mistake they did with the tech demo of FFVIII on PS2.Just because they saw a tech demo of FFVII on PS3 at an exhibition they immidietely lashed on the rumors.Ultimately some random guy from the staff put up a poster to calm down the fans.As you know nothing happened.Then after being totally p1$$ed of,this year,Yoichi Wada was ready to unleash his rage on the fans.Thank god though that the staff was there to calm him down.Wada and Kitase made the following statements that it will happen,depending on the circumstances and it WILL be part of the FFVII compilation.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
The Chocobos have just reminded me... why does Sonic need Chao?

These things:

Babies:
history1.gif

Try this link if the image doesn't work
http://chao.hippotank.com/images/history1.gif

Devil Chao and Angel Chao (Adults)
chaohandd.jpg

Seriously, what is the point?

Eris Strife

The Discordian Trickster
@Final Fantasy topic: FFVII must have netted Square Enix millions, if not billions. I saw one of the images of the rumored PS3 remake, which got me pretty excited until I remembered I didn't have a PS3, and I found out there wasn't actually going to be a remake... at least not for a few years.

@VB: Maybe Sega wants the game to appeal to a wider group? Like with FFX-2, they try too hard to please everyone and end up pleasing almost no one. Not that I dislike the Chao, I think it's cute. It just doesn't seem very useful.

aka958

Don't trust people
I'm not that excited of a remake for FFVII. The game is pretty good as it is, they could add some, you know, OPTIONAL dungeons. They had 2, that little forest of extreme pain and that little ship underwater, but that is all. Optional dungeons like the Soul of chaos or the labyrinth of time.

Final Fantasy V and Final Fantasy VI is in the front of the line. I want to play them! GOD DAMN IT!

Ohh, for those who may be interested, it has been confirmed that FFIX will come to the PSN. Hope they don't mess up the time it hits Europe this time...

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
I think it is already on the Japanese PSN so we can expect it by the end of the year?

And the remake is pretty questionable as a remake.I'm holding my hopes high,that Nomura will pull and twist behind the scenes,as always,and make the FFVII Remake a new experience.Preferably some action RPG or something like the crystal bearers[WII] but even better.

aka958

Don't trust people
No, NOOOO!

Nomura didn't want to change the old ones, aka FFI, FFII and their feelings to it. He left the gameplay system untouched and only repaired glitches.

What he could do is give the scenes a more cinematic view (instead of only see things from one angle under conversation), give voice acting, update the musical score, add a few extras, update the graphics.
They could give the camera from FFXIII but with a little better navigation with it.

Nothing more, giving it a whole new battle system isn't what a remake is about, not at all.

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
aka958;213343 said:
Ohh, for those who may be interested, it has been confirmed that FFIX will come to the PSN. Hope they don't mess up the time it hits Europe this time...

Hurrah!!! :D

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
aka958;213351 said:
No, NOOOO!

Nomura didn't want to change the old ones, aka FFI, FFII and their feelings to it. He left the gameplay system untouched and only repaired glitches.

What he could do is give the scenes a more cinematic view (instead of only see things from one angle under conversation), give voice acting, update the musical score, add a few extras, update the graphics.
They could give the camera from FFXIII but with a little better navigation with it.

Nothing more, giving it a whole new battle system isn't what a remake is about, not at all.

Wait,WHAT?Nomura has more authority than FFVII[Compilation],FFVIII,FFX[series?],FFXIII Versus and Agito and the KH series?But anyway,what would be wrong withgiving it a new battle system,and certainly one that is filled with real time action?I'm saying this because we saw the release of the original on the PSN and we've also seen the power of this gen's Sony systems along with the great potential Square-Enix has for Action games.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
He's just sore because he thinks it a remake is JUST a slight update. A remake is just that, a REMAKE. They can change as much as they want, and quite frankly, I'm with DB on this one. Having real time combat would be so much more fun than standing around waiting for a bar to fill up just so you can slash once. >_<

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
You're welcome. Just because I'm a die-hard FF fan doesn't mean the games can't change aside from updated everything and a new optional dungeon.

I bet aka's gonna kill me when he sees my post. He can't take it that an honest FF fan's opinion would be so radically different from his own. He literally BLOWS UP sometimes, and sometimes it borders on the ridiculous. I don't know why he's so irritable.

The crazy demon

Metal Gear Vindicare.
Yeah i want a new Final fantasy battle sistem, but i really liked FF10 battle sistem very good scenes and i liked the music

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Oh yeah, the music in FFX was kickass. I really liked Seymour Flux's battle theme. Nice and angelic, with the perfect dash of buttkick. :p

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
^Believe me,if my theory is correct,he spends time in the Gamefaqs/Gamespot Final Fantasy forums.NOT good for his health.I don't how I still take it sometimes...thank god I stopped.They can LITERATELY flame you to death because your opinion is slightly different than 50% of the fanbase.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Heh, you should've seen the reaction over at the Halo forums when I said I ever-so-slightly preferred Metroid Prime more. They went off on a tirade about how "Metroid ripped off from Halo" and all I could do was say: "Are you guys five or something? Metroid first came out in 198-freaking-6. When did the first Halo game come out? 2000-some? You can see the error in your logic, can't you?"

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
DreadnoughtDT;213497 said:
Heh, you should've seen the reaction over at the Halo forums when I said I ever-so-slightly preferred Metroid Prime more. They went off on a tirade about how "Metroid ripped off from Halo" and all I could do was say: "Are you guys five or something? Metroid first came out in 198-freaking-6. When did the first Halo game come out? 2000-some? You can see the error in your logic, can't you?"

since when has anyone cared about logic. i've argued with people who belive that somehow every fact that goes against what they say dosn't count or even somehow proves whatever they are saying. and of course everything those people say is absolute fact. they are above simple opinions.

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
DreadnoughtDT;213497 said:

Off topic 'cuz I've never been interested in Halo, but I used to love Metroid!

I remember being off school ill for about a week when I was about 12 and lying in bed playing on Super Metroid allday! Metroid Prime was awesome too!

Top Bottom