• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

My X Box is dying....

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
My X Box is getting old and randomly does that dreaded 'flashing red' thing and the fan/whirring noise it makes is sooooo loud. I figure I'm gonna have to buy a new one soon.

I wanted to ask anyone here who might know....sorry if this is a really stupid question, but someone told me you can't transfer your gamer profile from old X Box to new X Box - this seems really stupid, I hope it's not true?

Anyone had a similar problem?

Thanks!
Eb

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Are we talking Xbox or 360

If it is the 360, your profile should be saved to the hard drive, just remove the heard drive and put it into your new 360. (Or you can probably save it to a memory card type thing and transfer it that way.)

I'm still on my first 360... so i really don't have a clue.

Sorry Ebony (Love your sig BTW)

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
Yeah it's a 360, sorry I never thought about the old X Box!

Thank god for that. Also if I lost my saved games I'd cry!

Thanks for the sig comment, I can't decide if the font is too big, but I do like that pic of D.

:)

aka958

Don't trust people
For me it has happened 1 time but I've had it for 3 years. Love those 3 years... But I'm play far the less on it because of my PSP, god I love Dissidia...

Anywayysss...

1. Use your warranty for them to pick it up.

2. Can't wait huh? Use the towel trick, be careful though with the timing. Gives the 360 up to 5 more days of functionality.

3. Buy a new 360

It's not the hard drive that is malfunctioning but it is the console that's your problem. You can get your saves back as long as you have your hard drive or memory card if you buy a new one.
If your going to send it to repairs then I don't think they want the 360 hard drive with it.

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
Thanks guys.

It's over 3 years old,so I think we'll be getting a new one at some point, but those vids are interesting if worst comes to worst.

I checked and I can see our profiles on the hard drive, so hopefully I'm stressing about nothing?!

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
Well, it's just died - I didn't expect it to go so quick - I'm in mourning! :(

The red ring won't go away. My boyfriend is happy 'cuz he wants a new black one.

I watchedsome of those videos this one is hilarious -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avWs4-wD15w&feature=related

The towel trick looks a bit dangerous though, knowing my luck it'll blow up or something.

I've only had FF13 for 2 days! I'm very annoyed, however it's times like this the emergency credit card comes in! I just hope everything transfers over ok :/

Thanks for the help/suggestions.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Protip: The towel trick will void the warranty, I'd advise against it, just send it back to Microsoft and have them fix it for you, they usually send you a one month Xbox Live gold membership afterwards too.

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
Or, if it's out of warranty, it's cheaper to buy a new console rather than sending it back to Microsoft.

It shows that this Gen of consoles are a waste of money.
The oldest console that I have working still is my Sega Mega Drive 2

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
That too, these days a 360 is incredibly cheap to pick up new.

This is why I prefer PC gaming, it may be more expensive to keep upgraded, but the hardware doesn't crap out as much.

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
Thanks VB and Credo - it's over 3 years old, so I guess it's time has come to go to console heaven. :(:(:(

I have an old Mega Drive in the top of my wardrobe, dunno if it still works these days - it probably does - they just don't make consoles like they used too!

aka958

Don't trust people
Old games and old consoles, they are more addicting and trustworthy. I had a good old still working Nintendo 64 not long ago.

I play games on the 360 and PS3 but they get less fun for each new game that comes out. I wonder why the handhelds PSP and NDS got the best games out there. Good old classics that's addicting...

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I still have a working NES, SNES, Nintendo 64, Playstation, Sega Genesis...

I'll shut up now. I don't want people getting jealous...

aka958

Don't trust people
I am already... You know how hard those pieces are to get? God, what could I do with a NES and SNES, so much...

*drool*

Uhh... I gotta get those!!! Where do you live DT?

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
Ha - look what I've started! :D

We have an NES, but I tried it a while back and it doesn't work anymore - I can't bring myself to get rid of it though.

My brother sold all our old consoles - N64, PS1, Game Cube etc....as he downloads emulators of the old games instead. I was so angry with him when he sold them all :(

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
I love gaming... remember the good ol' days when you put a cartridge in the machine, you didn't have to update the date when the clocks went forward or back. You didn't have to update the console to play new games...

I bought a excellent condition N64 from eBay. it still works. I find the dreamcast is a pain these days (the laser doesn't work properly).
And, our kitten finds my PS2 very comfortable.

The first ever console i got rid of was my Yellow original gameboy, okay, i didn't work, but I should've kept it because its worth loads of money now (apparently)
I sold my first Mega Drive to my Uncle... Because I missed the console so much, I had to buy it back.
That was a hole that a PS1 just couldn't fill.

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
Oooooh you've reminded me I still have a really old grey, brick like Game Boy somewhere, I wonder if it's worth anything - not that I'd sell it tho! :D

I never had a Dreamcast. It still freaks me out when Sonic and Mario are in games together - I remember when they were bitter rivals! lol.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
I am so glad it isn't like the PS3 where the hard drive formats once you change it. Street Fighter IV data can't be copied, neither can Assassins Creed 2 data.

Top Bottom