• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

My X Box is dying....

Sparda™

Angelo Credo;212182 said:
That too, these days a 360 is incredibly cheap to pick up new.

This is why I prefer PC gaming, it may be more expensive to keep upgraded, but the hardware doesn't crap out as much.

Ditto.

PC gaming also is visually more satisfying and delivers a large variety of multitasking.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
Ohh,nice,let's make a list.Still working :

Gameboy,Gameboy colour,Gameboy Advance Sp,Nintendo DS,Playstation Portable

Sega Mega Drive II[Ma first],Nintendo 64,Playstation,Gamecube,Playstation 2.

Still in almost perfect condition.Got to take care of these things.It seems though as if I always hit the jackpot and buy THE toughest of them.

And the PC[Only for the Prince of Persia games and Visual Novels].

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
Darth Angelo;212224 said:
I am so glad it isn't like the PS3 where the hard drive formats once you change it. Street Fighter IV data can't be copied, neither can Assassins Creed 2 data.

Really? I didn't know that! Stupid Sony. I hardly ever use our PS3 - I should though.

I've never been much of a PC gamer.

This thread is making me morn all my past consoles, I wish I still had them.

*Eb has a moment to herself thinking about 'Duck Hunt' and 'Bart V's the Space Mutants.' lol*

Eris Strife

The Discordian Trickster
It's true that older consoles don't break down as much... is it me, or are the techs who make the new stuff going by a "if it ain't broke, it ain't have enough features yet" theory? o_O

I don't have a 360, my XBox is the ancient type. I got it 2nd hand, and other than the occasional "disk is spoiled" error (which is "fixed" by re-inserting the CD) and the need to set the calendar everyday, it works fine.

I also have a PS2 in excellent condition. Minus the layer of dust on it. XD

I don't have any of the new-fangled consoles.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
Ebony;212345 said:
Really? I didn't know that! Stupid Sony. I hardly ever use our PS3 - I should though.

They also recently stole the ability to install and use linux on the old launch consoles. Thats ALL the compulsory update was for :mad:
I am one step away from taking it off the PSN and looking into getting it chipped or something, just out of spite.

Sorry I don't want to turn this into on of those threads I just needed to get that off my chest *sigh*

I am actually quite shocked that my 360 is still going.

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
Darth Angelo;212502 said:
They also recently stole the ability to install and use linux on the old launch consoles. Thats ALL the compulsory update was for :mad:
I am one step away from taking it off the PSN and looking into getting it chipped or something, just out of spite.

Yeah, I switched my PS3 on yesterday and it started doing that update - pah!

On a nicer note (apart from the fact my credit card is +£200!) we now own a shiney new Elite - got a good deal on it too - 3 free games, but we already own them all - pah!

Eb

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Eris Strife: It seems that everytime there is a problem with the iPhone, they bring out a new application to try and fix it.

My most reliable console is my mega drive.

One thing that really does get my goat is, when you don't switch on a console of two weeks (PSP and Dreamcast in my case) it'll ask you (when you do switch it on) to re-enter the time and date... WHY? Whay can't you keep the time without my help. No wonder Sega gave up when the PS2 came out!!

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
^They also gave up because they signed a 10 year contract about working under Nintendo to be saved from economical destruction.It doesn't happen with my PSP though.

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
So when Mario and Sonic were bitter enemies whose side were you guys on? :p

My brother had an NES/SNES and I had a Mega Drive, You'd think I was a Sega person, but to be honest I loved the Mario ones more, so the 2 Italian plumbers get my vote!

Also I've just had to spend another £20 on a Microsoft hard drive transfer kit :( Stupid complicated Microsoft!

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
Sonic was always ahead.For me.But I supported Nintendo for the Zelda games not for Mario.And later the Metroid ones.And since I had both...

PS : If it comes to Wario and Sonic though...I support both.

Zato-OW

King
Sonic was always on top back then. But that was then and now is uh...now. I loved Zelda and Kirby games back on snes and never really payed attention to mario.

aka958

Don't trust people
This may come as a suprise but I actually hate playing Sonic. Yupp, you heard it, hate almost every bit of it. The controls, the stages, the obstacles, the enemies. The only thing that is good with it is the music.

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
It looks like I'm by myself with the mushtached ones! I do love Sonic, but Mario was more Epic for me - especially when it came out on the N64.

(I dunno how to spell mushtache and I can't be arsed to look it up - sorry!)

aka958

Don't trust people
I believe it's spelled mustache, but I'm not sure.

Still hates the controls of sonic, why is it so hard for him to spin on the ground? I need him to stand on a flat area, completely flat area, not moving an inch, then press the down button. Annoying, I thought sonic was about speed the way you control him.

Well, Mario FTW! I loved that game, your little chit-chat made me wanna play super mario 63. I can't play the old super mario bros so I take the best newgrounds can offer.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
I couldn't get the hang of Mario 64.
I had it on DS, Gave up and sold it on.
The person who got it had everything unlocked (thanks to my cheat cartridge.)

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
I'd forgotten Mario 64 came out on the DS. When it first came out on the N64 my brother and I thought it was the best thing ever - and it was back then - the 3D-ness! Ooooooh :p

I'm bored, older and wiser now and the Mario games just don't do it for me anymore. I noticed one came out on the Wii recently and it just looked the same as all the other games. But I'm just older and bitter now.

I haven't played Sonic for years either. We got 'Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games' and like I said before - Mario and Sonic in the same game must destroy the space time continum or something - it's just wrong!

aka958

Don't trust people
It's not wrong at all.
They both are just getting worse and worse, super mario galazy may be good but that is the only exception but otherwise there is mostly **** coming out for both mario and sonic nowadays.
Have you seen the different mario games that has been released recently?
It's pretty awful, if not stupid and lame it is short (new super mario bros, anyone?).

Too bad FF is going the same way... Chocobo tales, chocobo dungeon, and alot of other strange FF games just to milk some more money out of the crowd.

But the Super Mario 64 on the DS got new levels, shabbier graphics (yeah, the coins is just blanks now), destroyed the rainbow bowser (he is colorless in that version), nerfed music. But still, it's awesome as it has 150 stars instead of the normal 120 and you got Wario, Luigi and Yoshi in your team to. It must be AWESOME!

Eris Strife

The Discordian Trickster
All famous titles seem to follow the generic pattern of attaining world-recognition status first, then the producers start to get greedy and want to bleed the titles' potential dry, and then we pretty much end up with game-counterparts of such things like Alien versus Predator (epic failed in the movie world).

At least Final Fantasy by itself hasn't really gone that way, if you overlook the Chocobo titles.

Top Bottom