• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Mrrandomlulz'z HALL OF SHAME

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
granted you can now sleep for extended periods of time. all you must do is count sheep and for every sheep take a shot of absinthe

There's always a catch...

Also - I remembered the presentation that had the images from different movies. It was from New York Comic-Con 2012, it was the same presentation that first showed Dante's background to the public. You can see the "Who Is Dante?" at the end of that video - that was when they talked about making a Dante that would fit a Hollywood-style movie and all that. I can't find the actual video of the "Who Is Dante" portion, because it might have been under a different name, or it was taken down or something. It was camera footage from someone in the audience...

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
Made me shake my head...but I'm not sure what I was expecting, really. All of it being taken out of context is horrible, and it's true that they did this once before when they explained their direction for Dante before the game released, showing a bunch of images of DMC4 Dante 'shopped in with a bunch of Hollywood movies (Fight Club, Bridesmaids, Brokeback Mountain, Chronicle, etc) with the express purpose of seeing how classic Dante's style doesn't fit with the direction Capcom wanted NT to take. I'd look for that old video if I could find it, but I can't remember what convention it was presented at, and it's already tough sifting through all the videos for DmC that have come out since its release. If I could remember the name of the presentation though...something like..."vision of Dante" or...something...
I know the video you mean, from the New York comic-con if I'm right. I don't know if it's up anymore [It's not showing up my playlist now] but they did show photo edits of DMC4 Dante back then too when talking about redesigning him and nobody bashed them then and I'm pretty sure they used the same ones. Although apparently people were more focused on saying **** you and scoring thumbs down. It shows the difference in behavour from then to now, it's getting more aggressive by forms of manipulation and lies [remember the 'They got paid for that review' phase?].

By the way, well done with how you handled that guy and kept your cool over the situation.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I know the video you mean, from the New York comic-con if I'm right. I don't know if it's up anymore [It's not showing up my playlist now] but they did show photo edits of DMC4 Dante back then too when talking about redesigning him and nobody bashed them then and I'm pretty sure they used the same ones. Although apparently people were more focused on saying **** you and scoring thumbs down. It shows the difference in behavour from then to now, it's getting more aggressive by forms of manipulation and lies [remember the 'They got paid for that review' phase?].

By the way, well done with how you handled that guy and kept your cool over the situation.

Exactly! I can't find it either, but I'm glad to know I wasn't the only one who saw that >.< Lots of people in the crowd just laughed at the 'shopped images. Made sense, and NT was just having some fun with how they explained it :p

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
Exactly! I can't find it either, but I'm glad to know I wasn't the only one who saw that >_< Lots of people in the crowd just laughed at the 'shopped images. Made sense, and NT was just having some fun with how they explained it :p
Yeah, I tried editing DMC4 Dante amongst average looking people (not from movies) and it looked dull, so I can see why they did it with a humorous twist. You want to present something to an audience, humor is the perfect ice breaker ^_^

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
So here's something else sad. 8bithero (MarioTaz on YouTube) commented on Event's video too, and Event claims that all people do is tell him he's wrong, and not back up their claims, when I did exactly that in my first (and only) comment. I would have continued to back up my claim if I could...

dmceventbullshit3.png

Total. Effin'. Douchebag...

8BitHero

Scrub
x7zK96i.png

I'm fully willing to accept I'm wrong here so can someone post the DmC video incase it is actually bashing DMC4.

Also, hey everyone! :D

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
So here's something else sad. 8bithero (MarioTaz on YouTube) commented on Event's video too, and Event claims that all people do is tell him he's wrong, and not back up their claims, when I did exactly that in my first (and only) comment. I would have continued to back up my claim if I could...

dmceventbullshit3.png

Total. Effin'. Douchebag...
EventStatus would fit right at home as a politcian, and that isn't a complement.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
1YVac1j.png

I'm fully willing to accept I'm wrong here so can someone post the DmC video incase it is actually bashing DMC4.

Also, hey everyone! :D

It was really just talking about art direction. If you look at all the other images from that same presentation, you get the idea that they aren't really bashing anything. It was literally about the art direction and basing it more in a more contemporary, grounded setting...

Like this, talking about Dante being a normal-looking, guy on the street, instead of the exaggerated Japanese style the classic has. Oddly enough, despite the aim Capcom always had with classic Dante being rather American, his style was still really exaggerated and flamboyant, like what you see in a lot of Japanese media.
bIrr47O.jpg

Or this one, talking about how Dante as a hero isn't about the costume, or being overly flashy, it's a grounded take on the character, sorta like how Chronicle (pictured there on the right) is the grounded take on a psychic, and also how a young man takes on challenges in his life.
tqXVp1D.jpg

And Chronicle was an awesome movie, bee-tee-dubs. People should definitely see it. Heck, if they had mentioned Boy Wonder, it would have been a perfect comparison to the Batman hero archetype :p

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Lol wow that guy is such a D-bag. It's seem he can't handly being criticized, but wants gamers to be mature. It sure seems like he has a case of 'wanting to keep his cake and eat it too.'

Who wouldn't!? Cake is friggin' delicious!

But yeah...I mostly have a problem with the fact that he blocks people for pointing out inaccuracies. It doesn't really even matter what content he's getting wrong, it's the fact that he got it wrong, refuses to listen when called out on it, and even tries to deflect the argument away from the actual topic and onto how we can't back up our claims, which we'd totally do if he didn't take away the platform by blocking us.

Fact of the matter, he took something out of context, claimed it was NT calling Dante gay or some stupid ****, and then refused to acknowledge the claim that he had taken it out of context, when you can clearly find where the content came from, and the context with which it's given. This isn't the first time he's done this with DmC either...

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I hoestly thought that MainEvent guy was having a joke or a parody the first time I saw his videos seeing as he was shouting something like 'NO-NO NINJA TAM-TAM- JUST NO!' I really thought he was a joke. Then to find out he is serious...:/

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
I think what was worse was the 'Why Dante is a terrible character' video that got put up, way, WAY before the game and cutscenes were even out and before you could even make a solid character analysis about new Dante. I don't even know if the stuff in it still holds out as valid, I haven't look at it since the last time made my blood boil.

Has anyone seen it recently?

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
I think what was worse was the 'Why Dante is a terrible character' video that got put up, way, WAY before the game and cutscenes were even out and before you could even make a solid character analysis about new Dante. I don't even know if the stuff in it still holds out as valid, I haven't look at it since the last time made my blood boil.

Has anyone seen it recently?

Yeah, hyperbithero's video. It seems he didn't even bothered to put up a full blown analysis on new dante's character. But honestly, as much as i enjoyed the video it was invalid since day one.

Top Bottom