• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Mrrandomlulz'z HALL OF SHAME

TheDarkSlayer

Gilver FTW!
3ot6yk.jpg

crush

Well, like it or not it is one of the histories the game has and will have beyond if there is a sequel.
It reminds me of the hardships that we not intended to have. lol
It might be entertaining if someone posted these kind of information on the wiki about how this game had it's steps. But first we should wait January and see if it's good enough overall.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Meh, the same thing happened with Resident Evil 4. People were incensed the game was not survival horror, that you go around collecting treasure off everything and the worst sin of all: no zombies. And since I've been a part of the RE online community for over ten years, I can tell you people are STILL divided on it. There are less flame wars and people have untwisted their panties somewhat, but there are deep divides on what the series should 'be' and the Western direction CAPCOM's taking it.There are still people refusing to buy the next Resident Evil "because it is not Resident Evil".

This will probably be the same.

I'll personally be interested in seeing whether those who have been very vocal in their dislike for the game change their minds and own up to it. And whether others will be gracious enough to not say "I told you so".

I'd be happy to admit it if I thought the game was interesting me thus far. I really want to like it, especially if we're going to be stuck with it in the future, but I'm just not feeling it. If I do get around to playing it - rent it, probably - and it turns out to be amazing, then I'll say so. After all, I've only ever stated on here that my thoughts are my opinions, which only matter to me, and haven't gone about stating things like they were absolute fact, unlike some. I could only imagine feeling chagrined about admitting I was wrong if I'd gone about raging at others that I was totally right and they were wrong.

crush

Meh, the same thing happened with Resident Evil 4. People were incensed the game was not survival horror, that you go around collecting treasure off everything and the worst sin of all: no zombies.

Actually in my point of view, something went wrong with the whole Horror genre because of RE4.
Because nowadays we have too many worms and tentacles and bright yellow cores in horror games...
And RE5 failed because it never involved manor houses of castles. Isn't the title "Resident" evil? Enemies hopping around in Africa's deserts is not "residential" you know!

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Actually in my point of view, something went wrong with the whole Horror genre because of RE4.
Because nowadays we have too many worms and tentacles and bright yellow cores in horror games...
And RE5 failed because it never involved manor houses of castles. Isn't the title "Resident" evil? Enemies hopping around in Africa's deserts is not "residential" you know!

I won't go into my convoluted opinions of 4 and 5, but unfortunately neither of them 'failed', being they were both financial successes, so I guess we get more of the same. They fail miserably as survival horror though as you say. I don't see 4 much as an "RE" game and I hated 5, and I won't be buying 6. Unless there's some kind of U-turn in the wings, which I doubt, I'm probably done with RE. Not much of a fan of action shooters and Gears of War cover-based shooters, which is what it has become.

558325_259733314129299_820834172_n.jpg

berto

I Saw the Devil
I actually thoght that RE4 was an interesting take on the themes of RE. It still played on the concepts of biological horror but rather than zombie virus its now a parasitic organism with a hive mentality. A different type of biohazard. As for the combat system it really needed a rework, if RE hadn't changed gameplay style then it would have by now. Yeah, it's not survival horror anymore, it's more of a Japanese action zombie movie situation but I still dig RE from 1 to 4 and still enjoy 6 to an extent. Do I miss the original formula? Yeah, and I hope someday they'll take another stab at it, but I still enjoy thenew ones... Well 5 not so much.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
I actually thoght that RE4 was an interesting take on the themes of RE. It still played on the concepts of biological horror but rather than zombie virus its now a parasitic organism with a hive mentality. A different type of biohazard. As for the combat system it really needed a rework, if RE hadn't changed gameplay style then it would have by now. Yeah, it's not survival horror anymore, it's more of a Japanese action zombie movie situation but I still dig RE from 1 to 4 and still enjoy 6 to an extent. Do I miss the original formula? Yeah, and I hope someday they'll take another stab at it, but I still enjoy thenew ones... Well 5 not so much.

I also enjoy 4 somewhat, I'm not sure why that is, but at the time of its release I suppose I did not know that this would be the 'future' of Resident Evil and that it was an interesting take. They probably should have just called it "Are You Badass Enough to Rescue the President's Daughter?" and avoided all the fan-rage for it not being "RE".

What 4 did have was originality. New controls, new graphics, it was a step-up in terms of engaging 'new' gameplay. It think that context is important, because when 5 rolled along it was more of the same but brought nothing new to the table except having to drag a partner along, which I am not a fan of being forced to do in a game. 5 Feels bland. Just... bland. And 6... well from the demo it also seemed bland and I spotted considerable laziness in the background graphics and repetitiveness. From collected reviews it seems 6 is a sub-par effort, even according to people who like it.

It would be nice if CAPCOM gave us an RE2 remake in the vein of the other REmake, and it wasn't just constantly brought up to tease the fans.

crush

I also enjoy 4 somewhat, I'm not sure why that is, but at the time of its release I suppose I did not know that this would be the 'future' of Resident Evil and that it was an interesting take. They probably should have just called it "Are You Badass Enough to Rescue the President's Daughter?" and avoided all the fan-rage for it not being "RE".
What 4 did have was originality. New controls, new graphics, it was a step-up in terms of engaging 'new' gameplay. It think that context is important, because when 5 rolled along it was more of the same but brought nothing new to the table except having to drag a partner along, which I am not a fan of being forced to do in a game. 5 Feels bland. Just... bland. And 6... well from the demo it also seemed bland and I spotted considerable laziness in the background graphics and repetitiveness. From collected reviews it seems 6 is a sub-par effort, even according to people who like it.
It would be nice if CAPCOM gave us an RE2 remake in the vein of the other REmake, and it wasn't just constantly brought up to tease the fans.

Relevations was a great game. It had what we all wanted...the nice old creepy creatures and survival.
Although In TGS the people were in a rage fit after playng RE6. (They waited 2 to 3 hours for the same thing as the online trial.) I thought they got the hang of it after relevations though...

Top Bottom