• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Mrrandomlulz'z HALL OF SHAME

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
You should put more of your own posts in here. They fit the bill.
Speaking of post....I'd like to put the post service in a hall of shame. Didn't give me enough time to get from one end of the house to the other. By the time I get to the door, they drive off with my parcel. Now I've got to go get it myself. :mad:

Anyway, what is the point of this topic? To put things we hate in it....or to have a flame war?

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
Speaking of post....I'd like to put the post service in a hall of shame. Didn't give me enough time to get from one end of the house to the other. By the time I get to the door, they drive off with my parcel. Now I've got to go get it myself. :mad:

Anyway, what is the point of this topic? To put things we hate in it....or to have a flame war?

I'm not sure. I think we like to believe we've changed over time into ''more respectful human beings''. To laugh at the old times and remind us of ''what we did wrong''. But I can tell you that people don't change. May be a bit of a House-like statement, but people of around the age of twenty really don't. We had a few locked threads a short while ago, for crying out loud. Most being locked because people were getting ****ed off at how others like to profess their opinion as the truth. As in: ''DmC sucks because I don't like it''. To dislike something means it sucks, apparently. The same goes for DMC. People going ''I didn't like DMC4 Dante, therefore he sucks''. Bullshit that was attempted to be disguised as logic. People should've paid more attention in class debates, if those were had.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
U
You should put more of your own posts in here. They fit the bill.
Zerolove, I am going to be civilized and simply say, if you don't like me, that's fine, but there are many members that enjoy my antics.
I want to be friends, I really do, and even if you don't notice, I often do actually add to the conversation, but the trolling is my trademark on this forum. I'll admit, I'm flawed, heck, just recently I got banned from Everypony.com for making Amanda Todd jokes.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I'm not sure. I think we like to believe we've changed over time into ''more respectful human beings''. To laugh at the old times and remind us of ''what we did wrong''. But I can tell you that people don't change. May be a bit of a House-like statement, but people of around the age of twenty really don't. We had a few locked threads a short while ago, for crying out loud. Most being locked because people were getting ****ed off at how others like to profess their opinion as the truth. As in: ''DmC sucks because I don't like it''. To dislike something means it sucks, apparently. The same goes for DMC. People going ''I didn't like DMC4 Dante, therefore he sucks''. Bullshit that was attempted to be disguised as logic. People should've paid more attention in class debates, if those were had.
I think the internet makes people think they can do that sort of flaming, baiting or just being plain strange more because they can hide behind being anyonymous.
It's fine to have a dislike, but I want a real reason other than 'it sucks'. That's a childish way to say it. Or, if it has to be 'it sucks' then give reasons why so the opinion can be understood.

Cabbage Detective

Cabbages <3
I think the internet makes people think they can do that sort of flaming, baiting or just being plain strange more because they can hide behind being anyonymous.
It's fine to have a dislike, but I want a real reason other than 'it sucks'. That's a childish way to say it. Or, if it has to be 'it sucks' then give reasons why so the opinion can be understood.
EHMAGERD SHADUP I HAET DmC BCUZ IT SUX HURDURDURDURDURRRR DO U EVEN LIFT?

ZeroLove

U
Zerolove, I am going to be civilized and simply say, if you don't like me, that's fine, but there are many members that enjoy my antics.
I want to be friends, I really do, and even if you don't notice, I often do actually add to the conversation, but the trolling is my trademark on this forum. I'll admit, I'm flawed, heck, just recently I got banned from Everypony.com for making Amanda Todd jokes.

It's not that much that I don't like you, but more that these troll posts you do contribute to the closing of threads.
Hence why they fit in here.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Glad I waited for the heat to die down before I chose to inlove myself with this fanbase.

Should've waited until after this...

http://devilmaycry.org/community/threads/so-why-is-this-acceptable.15411/

m8 trust me, the heats no where near dies down. this is merely the calm before the storm

While the storm itself has passed (imo), I think there's a bit of "collateral" that has yet to reveal itself.

Think of it this way...

DmC has been released. VD has been released. Tameem has (reportedly) moved on to the PS4. NT is probably not going to be involved with DmC anymore. They'll probably go back to the old series in about a year or so.

The only thing I can think of that can spark another FW is a certain youtube video from a certain thug-life poser...

After that, they'll be probably a few more FWs, then it'll all go quiet.

Because the old series will come back... and the DmC fans won't say anything, because we're good sports. :)

Oh, and we just don't care. We judge our games on simply whether or not we enjoy them, nothing else.

Bring on the DMC5. Or better yet, just remake DMC1 with DMC3 mechanics. That's what everyone seems to want, anyway.

Edit:

Well, here's that vid I was talking about. I knew that this guy wouldn't let the GDC thing slide.

And crush clarified that Dunte wasn't really a western cowboy. That's all the Japanese text said.

(30:00 for false allegations)

And cue the auto-defense Platinum Force...

Seriously though, since this is the Hall of Shame, and since this guy is (purposely?) misleading the audience, I thought this really should be brought to light.

No one is calling Dunte a you-know-what. Almost the entire presentation was taken entirely out of context.

The thing that makes me really mad, is that this comes after a vid of a kid crying about a game and cursing out his parents. He compares that with NT and says they're immature.

Well... even if they were... after seeing this vid, and that thread the other day, I can just say that the reaction was ten times worse.

Edit:

Bam.

(32:20)

First he says: "It's ok for gamers to photoshop and use "hate speech", but not the companies because gamers are fans, so it doesn't matter."

Then he says: "All gamers have a responsibility to be mature." (32:35)

He just contradicted himself and proved that gamers (and customers) have to be mature as well.

So, which one is it?

Either fans can troll and hate whenever they want... or they have to show some restraint.

Seems like this guy wants it both ways.

Embarrassing. At least show some consistency. -_-

Dusk Stalker

" Everybody gets a bullet!" -Axton
U

But we still love ya for it.
tumblr_m5xi53qJdR1r9cgubo1_1280.jpg

Terrutas

U
Honestly man, I agree with Zero.

I don't think you're a bad person, but troll posts are counter productive for discussions and don't really do anything other than irritate and worsen the problem that's already there.
I'm not blaming you for anything, I'm saying you don't have to derail threads with pointless discussions because I think you could actually contribute a lot. :)

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Should've waited until after this...

http://devilmaycry.org/community/threads/so-why-is-this-acceptable.15411/

While the storm itself has passed (imo), I think there's a bit of "collateral" that has yet to reveal itself.

Think of it this way...

DmC has been released. VD has been released. Tameem has (reportedly) moved on to the PS4. NT is probably not going to be involved with DmC anymore. They'll probably go back to the old series in about a year or so.

The only thing I can think of that can spark another FW is a certain youtube video from a certain thug-life poser...

After that, they'll be probably a few more FWs, then it'll all go quiet.

Because the old series will come back... and the DmC fans won't say anything, because we're good sports. :)

Oh, and we just don't care. We judge our games on simply whether or not we enjoy them, nothing else.

Bring on the DMC5. Or better yet, just remake DMC1 with DMC3 mechanics. That's what everyone seems to want, anyway.

Edit:

Well, here's that vid I was talking about. I knew that this guy wouldn't let the GDC thing slide.

And crush clarified that Dunte wasn't really a western cowboy. That's all the Japanese text said.

(30:00 for false allegations)

And cue the auto-defense Platinum Force...

Seriously though, since this is the Hall of Shame, and since this guy is (purposely?) misleading the audience, I thought this really should be brought to light.

No one is calling Dunte a you-know-what. Almost the entire presentation was taken entirely out of context.

The thing that makes me really mad, is that this comes after a vid of a kid crying about a game and cursing out his parents. He compares that with NT and says they're immature.

Well... even if they were... after seeing this vid, and that thread the other day, I can just say that the reaction was ten times worse.

Edit:

Bam.

(32:20)

First he says: "It's ok for gamers to photoshop and use "hate speech", but not the companies because gamers are fans, so it doesn't matter."

Then he says: "All gamers have a responsibility to be mature." (32:35)

He just contradicted himself and proved that gamers (and customers) have to be mature as well.

So, which one is it?

Either fans can troll and hate whenever they want... or they have to show some restraint.

Seems like this guy wants it both ways.

Embarrassing. At least show some consistency. -_-

I feel bad, but my interest was piqued, and then I couldn't help myself. I blame my fever for not having the best of judgment, but I replied to Event and...oh...well...I'll just leave these here :/

dmceventbullshit1.png

And just for the record, I also sent a message to him personally.

dmceventbullshit2.png

Now I need to go lie down...I'm gettin' woozy.

Cabbage Detective

Cabbages <3
I feel bad, but my interest was piqued, and then I couldn't help myself. I blame my fever for not having the best of judgment, but I replied to Event and...oh...well...I'll just leave these here :/

dmceventbullshit1.png

dmceventbullshit2.png

I smell butthurt in him

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry

dmceventbullshit1.png

dmceventbullshit2.png

nicely done mate u kept your cool (to a sensible degree) and showed em whats what for that i give you one wish use it wisely

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I smell butthurt in him

Made me shake my head...but I'm not sure what I was expecting, really. All of it being taken out of context is horrible, and it's true that they did this once before when they explained their direction for Dante before the game released, showing a bunch of images of DMC4 Dante 'shopped in with a bunch of Hollywood movies (Fight Club, Bridesmaids, Brokeback Mountain, Chronicle, etc) with the express purpose of seeing how classic Dante's style doesn't fit with the direction Capcom wanted NT to take. I'd look for that old video if I could find it, but I can't remember what convention it was presented at, and it's already tough sifting through all the videos for DmC that have come out since its release. If I could remember the name of the presentation though...something like..."vision of Dante" or...something...

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
Oh man, a wish?! While fleeting, it'd be awesome if I wasn't sick anymore. I just wanna sleep for more than an hour at a time T_T

granted you can now sleep for extended periods of time. all you must do is count sheep and for every sheep take a shot of absinthe

Top Bottom