• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Mrrandomlulz'z HALL OF SHAME

YamatoWielder

Protector of Mankind
Or this one, talking about how Dante as a hero isn't about the costume, or being overly flashy, it's a grounded take on the character, sorta like how Chronicle (pictured there on the right) is the grounded take on a psychic, and also how a young man takes on challenges in his life.
tqXVp1D.jpg

And Chronicle was an awesome movie, bee-tee-dubs. People should definitely see it. Heck, if they had mentioned Boy Wonder, it would have been a perfect comparison to the Batman hero archetype :p

Speaking of Chronicle, I've watched the film last night, it was amazing. An interesting plot, lots of drama and action. And it really makes you think 'What will you do if you have superpowers'? I want to see a sequel where Matt goes for a hero's journey.

Sometimes, I feel sorry for Andrew. I just remember that someone calls him a 'sore loser kid' on comparing him to DmC Dante, but that 'sore loser kid' is where he gains superpowers but being humiliated and bullied (he pulls of a bully's wisdom tooth), being berated by his abusive father (who beats him into a bloody pulp), he tries to steal money because of
his dying mother, and this young man feels himself as weak back then and turns himself into a monster, calling himself an apex predator. The only character who acts as a hero is Matt.

Nice comparison. Sometimes, superheroes don't need to wear fancy costumes or being silly. They can wear simple clothing yet wanted to make a difference. As Combichrist's Andy LaPlegua pointed out, the original DMC games are more like the 'puppy colors' while DmC was dark and gritty. But the difference between DmC Dante and Andrew is that the former used his powers to fight Mundus while Andrew lost in his hatred and went on hurting other people.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Speaking of Chronicle, I've watched the film last night, it was amazing. An interesting plot, lots of drama and action. And it really makes you think 'What will you do if you have superpowers'? I want to see a sequel where Matt goes for a hero's journey.

I do too. Possibly something about Matt searching for why things ended up the way they did, helping people, and maybe Andrew's consciousness not being completely gone, so there's a pervasive antagonist somewhere or something.

Sometimes, I feel sorry for Andrew. I just remember that someone calls him a 'sore loser kid' on comparing him to DmC Dante, but that 'sore loser kid' is where he gains superpowers but being humiliated and bullied (he pulls of a bully's wisdom tooth), being berated by his abusive father (who beats him into a bloody pulp), he tries to steal money because of
his dying mother, and this young man feels himself as weak back then and turns himself into a monster, calling himself an apex predator. The only character who acts as a hero is Matt.

Yeah, I didn't quite understand when it was said that they're "likening Dante to some loser kid." I can only imagine they called him that because they didn't know what Andrew came from, and how he was in his story.

I understand NT's comparison with that, too, since it's about a person who has a lot of power and potential, and sort of squanders it, or at least doesn't readily use it for good. Heck, the Wanted comics were great at that too, taking Spider-Man's "with greater power comes great responsibility" and turning it on its ear to "with great power comes doing whatever you want!"

Nice comparison. Sometimes, superheroes don't need to wear fancy costumes or being silly. They can wear simple clothing yet wanted to make a difference. As Combichrist's Andy LaPlegua pointed out, the original DMC games are more like the 'puppy colors' while DmC was dark and gritty. But the difference between DmC Dante and Andrew is that the former used his powers to fight Mundus while Andrew lost in his hatred and went on hurting other people.

Yeah. I would say if you have a chance, check out Boy Wonder on Netflix. It's not as cool as Chronicle or anything, it's a thriller, really, but it's literally the realistic take on a young man who is driven to vigilante crime fighting after a family tragedy. It gives a lot more credence to the people in superhero movies who call people like Batman crazy weirdos and stuff.[/quote]

YamatoWielder

Protector of Mankind
I understand NT's comparison with that, too, since it's about a person who has a lot of power and potential, and sort of squanders it, or at least doesn't readily use it for good. Heck, the Wanted comics were great at that too, taking Spider-Man's "with greater power comes great responsibility" and turning it on its ear to "with great power comes doing whatever you want!"

Speaking of Wanted, I've watched some bits of the film version, but I found out that it based from a comic written by Mark Millar. Man, I love the guy, along with Ed Brubaker; the best comic book writers of this generation (since both of them made Captain America an awesome character again).

It seems I need to rewatch it. It seems it's very close to the comic, is it?

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Speaking of Wanted, I've watched some bits of the film version, but I found out that it based from a comic written by Mark Millar. Man, I love the guy, along with Ed Brubaker; the best comic book writers of this generation (since both of them made Captain America an awesome character again).

It seems I need to rewatch it. It seems it's very close to the comic, is it?

The movie (which I still think is awesome) takes a rather different turn on things than the comics did. The movie sort of does away with all of the superhero/supervillain stuff for "divine fate" and superhuman assassins.

Top Bottom