• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

If the next DMC game wasn't DMC5...

Veloran

My problem is not the Order or how powerful they are. It's the innocent people behind killed in the middle and they were totally giving a damn.Very unDantish! But them again they gave Sparda to the Order just to have fun, which is the same of giving Daesh some powerful nuclear bomb and giggling how fun it will be.
Well Trish did take on the responsibility of keeping the people safe. And in the only time that Dante could even partly be blamed for (After the real Hell Gate had been opened) the Order's Angelos and the Savior moved in right away to exterminate the Demons. In a way them getting Sparda actually saved lives.

But he is not that young either and he is a wacko scientist.That's why he is a freak.
Sure, but in terms of what we were talking about he's not that old. I doubt he's near as old as Dante, for example.

That's why I lament so much the lack of the third part of the DMC3 manga and how poor and superficial they went with Vergil's character.Some files go on how evil he was while other media gives emphasis on how he isn't hostile to humans, because a child of Sparda can't be hostile to humans.The only time Vergil shows some kind of repulse about what Arkham have done , it is when he mentions Arkham's wife was nothing more than a loving person.Even when Arkham goes out to kill his daughter" because that is what Vergil wants", Vergil didn't say yes, but he didn't say no either.So my conclusion is that he is whatever for humans and demons, UNLESS they touch his precious Sparda's power.
I don't really agree with your assessment of how they did his character, though I also would have rather they finished up the third volume of the manga.

In terms of Humans and Demons, I think he hated the latter but was more or less ambivalent about the former. If any Humans got in his way he wouldn't have much of a problem with killing them, and casualties brought about by things like raising the tower were an "ends justify the means" thing, but he didn't really have animosity towards them either, after all his father saved Humanity once. Overall he just thought they were weak, and that the human part of him made him weak.

While Humans using Demons to get more power is something he could probably understand, I really doubt he'd tolerate anyone using Sparda's name - Much less his actual legacy or blood - To do it.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
they gave Sparda to the Order just to have fun

Correction: to gain the Order's trust. Did it work? Yes. Was it still a reckless decision? Absolutely. But either way, she certainly didn't do it "just for fun". What ya talkin about.

Veloran

Supposedly this was posted by Capcom's JP Twitter account before getting deleted.
Sd7feiv.png

https://countingdownto.com/countdown/dark-pepiton-countdown-clock

For those who don't know, this is what "peption" means. It might raise a few flags.
http://www.meaningaz.com/what-does-stand-for/pepiton

Probably nothing, or just a hoax like that fake Vergil trailer, or about something else entirely of course, but I thought it was worth posting.

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
Correction: to gain the Order's trust. Did it work? Yes. Was it still a reckless decision? Absolutely. But either way, she certainly didn't do it "just for fun". What ya talkin about.
Which didn't work anyway: she was dressing like a wh*re, acting suspiciously and everybody was already on her. So it's a bad plan anyway.

Supposedly this was posted by Capcom's JP Twitter account before getting deleted.
Sd7feiv.png

https://countingdownto.com/countdown/dark-pepiton-countdown-clock

For those who don't know, this is what "peption" means. It might raise a few flags.
http://www.meaningaz.com/what-does-stand-for/pepiton

Probably nothing, or just a hoax like that fake Vergil trailer, or about something else entirely of course, but I thought it was worth posting.
Dark?! Hmmm...

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Which didn't work anyway

Yep it did. They put her in the inner circle, a position that allowed her to find out their plans and confirm Lady's suspicions. By the time the guys began suspecting about her, it was too late. She had already acquired all the info she needed.

Viper

Premium
Yep it did. They put her in the inner circle, a position that allowed her to find out their plans and confirm Lady's suspicions. By the time the guys began suspecting about her, it was too late. She had already acquired all the info she needed.
The info which we never saw her use or pass on, but we can chalk that up to writer forgot. :wink:

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium

What do you mean, how? The flow of events seems pretty clear to me.

1. Lady gives Dante and Trish the heads up and expresses her suspicions.
2. Trish heads to the Order as Gloria, gives them Sparda and wins them over entering their inner circle.
3. Sometime between point 2 and the beginning of the game, she tells Dante about their plans and he kills Sanctus.

We all know the rest. What's your doubt?

Gel

Premium
Foxy, Trish probably knew about Nero and said nothing to Dante. He found it alone. It WAS Lady ( who was in Fortuna too, by the way) who was taking care of the citizens.
As much, for what I saw, Trish was only showing how cool she was and making cheap exhibitions of her labia majora. A lot of information was cut out from the game because they need to put HD slow motion cutscenes of the Creator's pet showing her genitals. ( ina a game which was made for women.)

2. Trish heads to the Order as Gloria, gives them Sparda and wins them over entering their inner circle.
3. Sometime between point 2 and the beginning of the game, she tells Dante about their plans and he kills Sanctus.

You forgot the time they were taking photos to put in the instagram, as a pair of idiots partying in the middle of a funeral. It's like the way I see them.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Foxy, Trish probably knew about Nero and said nothing to Dante.

She only met Nero after Dante killed Sanctus. IF she heard about him from the Order guys before that, she probably didn't consider him anything special to report, cause at that time he was still hiding his arm from everyone, so nobody knew about it, and that was the only thing that could possibly make Trish wary about him.

It WAS Lady ( who was in Fortuna too, by the way) who was taking care of the citizens.

I don't know what she did, but Trish offered to go help the people after the Savior woke up and later on Dante sends her to evacuate the city for good, so the town could be empty when the final battle occurs.

You forgot the time they were taking photos to put in the instagram

Excuse me? I don't remember that anywhere in the game, could you link me a video with that cutscene? I may very well have forgotten.

Gel

Premium
I don't know what she did, but Trish offered to go help the people after the Savior woke up and later on Dante sends her to evacuate the city for good, so the town could be empty when the final battle occurs.
It occurs in the novel and the first DMC4 pachinko contains those cutscenes.

Excuse me? I don't remember that anywhere in the game, could you link me a video with that cutscene? I may very well have forgotten.
IF the second pachinko contains cutscenes which apparently belongs to DMC4, they are dancing/acting like they were taking photos to put on facebook and the two are together EVERYWHERE, like a dog and it's owner, when in original everybody were acting separately.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
It occurs in the novel and the first DMC4 pachinko contains those cutscenes.

IF the second pachinko contains cutscenes which apparently belongs to DMC4

Oh of course not. Those were just put there for entertaining purposes. They're as canon to DMC4 as Alien vs Predator is canon to either Alien or Predator, which is not.

Gel

Premium
Oh of course not. Those were just put there for entertaining purposes. They're as canon to DMC4 as Alien vs Predator is canon to either Alien or Predator, which is not.
At this point I'm not so sure....I'm open to possibilities.

Viper

Premium

Dante had no idea Gloria is Trish, which would heavily imply he had no idea she was inside the Order at all and that they weren't communicating until after the second fight with Nero. For all we know, Dante could have done research himself, he didn't seem that amazingly knowledgeable and was mostly doing his usual work of killing demons.
That's a bit too much blanks for players to fill themselves.

Reactions: Gel

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Dante had no idea Gloria is Trish, which would heavily imply he had no idea she was inside the Order at all

Yeah but why would Trish inform Dante about the Order's plans dressed as Gloria. For all we know she could very well have informed Dante as herself. Cause what if anybody spotted her as Gloria while talking with Dante? Cover blown. Which, most likely, is also why she didn't tell him about her disguise.

Dante could have done research himself

The scene where Nero reaches the library does indeed seem to suggest that, as he sees the mess Dante left there while he was on his trail. He reaches the same conclusion as you as well, calling him a bookworm or something.

At this point I'm not so sure

You can rest on two pillows.

Veloran

Dark?! Hmmm...
I think together it would fully mean dark life path 5 or something.

Foxy, Trish probably knew about Nero and said nothing to Dante.
There's no real evidence for that. He met her for the first time on the bridge to the castle, and by then him and Dante had already fought.

It WAS Lady ( who was in Fortuna too, by the way) who was taking care of the citizens.
Trish explicitly gets saddled with doing that at the start of Dante's segment.

the first DMC4 pachinko contains those cutscenes.
I actually haven't seen the pachinko's cutscenes, link?

Dante had no idea Gloria is Trish,
Yes he did. The very first time we see them together he comments on her disguise.

The scene where Nero reaches the library does indeed seem to suggest that, as he sees the mess Dante left there while he was on his trail. He reaches the same conclusion as you as well, calling him a bookworm or something.
I always thought Nero was referring to Sanctus with that, but in retrospect it does seem more about Dante having been there.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I think I'd be curious for a spinoff with a new lead that is separate from the whole Sparda saga.

Nero doesn't really count :whistle:

Viper

Premium
Yes he did. The very first time we see them together he comments on her disguise.
The very first time we see them he stares at her intently, the whole scene looks as if he is trying to determine if Gloria is a friend or foe. And then he bursts into laughter and comments on her disguise.

Veloran

The very first time we see them he stares at her intently, the whole scene looks as if he is trying to determine if Gloria is a friend or foe. And then he bursts into laughter and comments on her disguise.
Come on, you can't take it as though he had no idea from his look alone when his words immediately contradict that.

Top Bottom