• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

If the next DMC game wasn't DMC5...

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
A remake of Devil May Cry 2 that attempted to rectify the mistakes made by the core game, retaining its dark and brooding aesthetic whilst incorporating the combat system found on the MT Framework Engine from DMC4, as well as a more concrete ending and explanation for the absence of Lady and Trish.

Oh, and having Dante actually descend into hell...yeah, that'd be nice.

ReverofEnola

A remake of Devil May Cry 2 that attempted to rectify the mistakes made by the core game, retaining its dark and brooding aesthetic whilst incorporating the combat system found on the MT Framework Engine from DMC4, as well as a more concrete ending and explanation for the absence of Lady and Trish.

Oh, and having Dante actually descend into hell...yeah, that'd be nice.
Is the hell requirement because he didn't go to hell in 4 but went to hell in the other games?

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I'd say perhaps a Vergil prequel game that explains that year before DMC3, because...y'know.

Otherwise DmC2, but with a lot of the ideas that I had plugged into the fanfic I have: primarily, give us access to all of Limbo City in an open world, but with mobility options like [PROTOTYPE] from the Angel mode. The idea would be that along with fighting against demons vying for power in the vacuum left in Mundus' absence, Dante and Kat and whatever is left of the Order would be also trying to take back the city in what amounts to "turf war" events where Dante clears out an area of the demons infesting it and Kat creates a ward in the area to prevent demons from coming back. There would still be levels specifically made out of full areas twisted by Malice, but also giving us a perspective on being part of the city. Hunter demons would also appear randomly to chase you down in the streets, and there could be more varieties than just wielding a knife; perhaps stronger roving demons could also twist the city to block passage like in the first game, bringing back the idea of dynamic level changes, similar to cops in GTA creating road blocks.

Sparda's Rebellion

Style matters in combat.
I remember there was a rumor during the lead up to DmC that I saw either through Main Event or 4chan that at the end of the game, Dante is about to get killed by either Vergil or Mundus, they didn't know because they said the final boss turns in to a dinosaur. And then a portal opens up and original Dante comes through and saves Dante or drags him into the portal, I don't remember exactly but did you guys ever hear that? I actually thought it sounded kinda cool back then to make a DmC DMC crossover. Would anyone want to see that crossover or would it just be way too insane to make any kind of sense at all?

Veloran

I remember there was a rumor during the lead up to DmC that I saw either through Main Event or 4chan that at the end of the game, Dante is about to get killed by either Vergil or Mundus, they didn't know because they said the final boss turns in to a dinosaur. And then a portal opens up and original Dante comes through and saves Dante or drags him into the portal, I don't remember exactly but did you guys ever hear that? I actually thought it sounded kinda cool back then to make a DmC DMC crossover. Would anyone want to see that crossover or would it just be way too insane to make any kind of sense at all?
You're thinking of this.

WK4L9JO.jpg

QBogV76.gif

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Personally I would rather see series die than see another reboot-spinoff-presequel-reimagining-revamp-re-re-re, so I don't care for new not DMC5 game. at most I think Nero centred spinoff could be ok.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
DmC2 seems cool and I've been interested in a DMC/DmC crossover even if people would be too mean-spirited about it:hungover:

Crossovers with other series like VJ, Okami, Bayonetta or Ninja Gaiden etc are appealing to me but keeping it in canon feels better unless there's like a really cool spin on the properties that you can only do with a noncanon take.

the problem with the thread idea is there is no overwatching arc to the series so I dont think there is a specific idea that they are building towards. So you could do a Vergil or a Sparda game or a Trish game and still have it be DMC5 to me.

ReverofEnola

DmC2 seems cool and I've been interested in a DMC/DmC crossover even if people would be too mean-spirited about it:hungover:

Crossovers with other series like VJ, Okami, Bayonetta or Ninja Gaiden etc are appealing to me but keeping it in canon feels better unless there's like a really cool spin on the properties that you can only do with a noncanon take.

the problem with the thread idea is there is no overwatching arc to the series so I dont think there is a specific idea that they are building towards. So you could do a Vergil or a Sparda game or a Trish game and still have it be DMC5 to me.
I honestly would kind of want a crossover with Tekken particularly the Mishima family. However, we get something close to that in Project X Zone.

Sesha

Vergil spin-off > DMC x Bayonetta > DMC x DmC: Crisis on Infinite Crazy > Lady or Nero spin-off > Devil Never Cry (Kamiya's DMC2) > DMC: Bloody Palace Edition > DmC 2 > Sparda prequel > DMC3 remake > DMC1 remake >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> DMC2 remake

ReverofEnola

Vergil spin-off > DMC x Bayonetta > DMC x DmC: Crisis on Infinite Crazy > Lady or Nero spin-off > Devil Never Cry (Kamiya's DMC2) > DMC: Bloody Palace Edition > DmC 2 > Sparda prequel > DMC3 remake > DMC1 remake >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> DMC2 remake
Wait why is the DMC2 remake ranked so low? I thought with how the game was most would want it revamped.

ReverofEnola

Devil May Cry is cluttered with remakes. We don't really need another one. Plus if Capcom did have the resources to revamp DMC2, then they could have put those resources into a DMC5.
I know that.
It's just that based on the ranking it seems like DMC3 and DMC1 are in more desperate need of a remake when compared to DMC2. This I find to be kind of odd.

Sesha

I know that.
It's just that based on the ranking it seems like DMC3 and DMC1 are in more desperate need of a remake when compared to DMC2. This I find to be kind of odd.

Your OP asks about what I would want to see, not about what "should" happen. Maybe that's not the question you intended to pose, but if so you should have worded it more carefully.

Top Bottom