• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

If the next DMC game wasn't DMC5...

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
m talking about complete demon's gate facilit and artificial demon gates
Even so!17 years are more than enough to build that. I mean: there was always demonic centered island, so demons were always part of it( if not the Order didn't existed at all), but those infrastructures could be newer than that.Those guys are obsessed and probably have money and hand work to build that quickly.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
hmm. k. I still think though that Yamato was rather recovered from hell. Was it established when exactly they get it?

Gel

Premium
hmm. k. I still think though that Yamato was rather recovered from hell. Was it established when exactly they get it?
No.Not where neither when. They just found it and that's it

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
No.Not where neither when. They just found it and that's it
they may have recovered it AFTER they started their research and vergil lost to mundus….maybe?
Wasn't there some talk how it was washed up on the shore? Though they never really said which shore.
erm I dunno … sword washed on the shore? seems little weird.

Viper

Premium
erm I dunno … sword washed on the shore? seems little weird.
Weirder stuff has been known to come from the sea.
It could have been tossed from Mallet island and then made its way to Fortuna island through combination of just the right streams and magic.

Gel

Premium
Wasn't there some talk how it was washed up on the shore? Though they never really said which shore.

Can't say! I checked novel again and nothing is said. I sincerely don't remember DMC4 script well after all these years.

they may have recovered it AFTER they started their research and vergil lost to mundus….maybe?
Possible.
It could have been tossed from Mallet island and then made its way to Fortuna island through combination of just the right streams and magic.
Or someone's heart desire....

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Weirder stuff has been known to come from the sea.
well swords are made of metal so it most likely sunken than swimmed. Considering it broken in half its even more far-stretched.

Veloran

Technically he was, his predecessor was already dead and Sanctus was going through confirmation when Vergil showed up.

Forgot to add, Sanctus could have protected Agnus and his research before getting the highest position, he was retired former head of the Knights, that's pretty high up with lots of power coming from connections and his own personality that dispels suspicion.
That seems very unlikely. Agnus doesn't seem that old, for him to have already been deep in the Demon stuff before 3 even happened.

And remember, the plot is basically kicked off because the Order was out hunting for Demons and Devil Arms to power their crap, I don't think they were doing it for like 15-20 years before anyone noticed.

Viper

Premium
That seems very unlikely. Agnus doesn't seem that old, for him to have already been deep in the Demon stuff before 3 even happened.

And remember, the plot is basically kicked off because the Order was out hunting for Demons and Devil Arms to power their crap, I don't think they were doing it for like 15-20 years before anyone noticed.
I can't pinpoint age of Agnus, he appears to be middle aged. If we take a wild guess that he is 45, then minus 20 would make him 25. Still enough years for a genius to get some starting experience.
Or are you saying he was sitting while twiddling his thumbs, and then suddenly had a boom in knowledge big enough to be opening hellgates and conducting trials with ascension ceremony on knights years before DMC4?

The plot is kicked off cause the knights butted in on Lady's job, it was probably them becoming bolder in their hunting after draining most of the resources on their own island and area in close proximity (we have zero clue how far Fortuna is from Dante's town, but they don't seem that very close).

Arkham was conducting experiments on demons without his own wife and daughter knowing, despite living in the same house, showing that if you know how to hide it, it won't be that easy to be found out by undesirable party.

Veloran

I can't pinpoint age of Agnus, he appears to be middle aged. If we take a wild guess that he is 45, then minus 20 would make him 25. Still enough years for a genius to get some starting experience.
I think that's a pretty big overestimation, to me he doesn't look much into his thirties at the very most.

Or are you saying he was sitting while twiddling his thumbs, and then suddenly had a boom in knowledge big enough to be opening hellgates and conducting trials with ascension ceremony on knights years before DMC4?
It's not that unlikely. The point is that the Order wasn't actively doing any of that stuff when Vergil came to town, and that wasn't why there were Demons there for him to fight - because in the end he concludes that their faith wasn't misguided.

The plot is kicked off cause the knights butted in on Lady's job, it was probably them becoming bolder in their hunting after draining most of the resources on their own island and area in close proximity (we have zero clue how far Fortuna is from Dante's town, but they don't seem that very close).
That implies Lady and the others only work locally to Dante's shop, and that the Order was hunting Demons for possibly decades before their reach came into contact with them. But, we know that they work internationally as well, and unlike young Lady or her mother the DMC crew is experienced with the supernatural to a degree that them overlooking the Order's activities is a bit unlikely.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I guess for a reboot, I rather just have an AU scenario like it's in another timeline where Vergil turned out good and Dante didn't.

But I think the main takeaway is that people would have another character take the reigns if there isn't a DMC5.

Gel

Premium
I think that's a pretty big overestimation, to me he doesn't look much into his thirties at the very most.
Allow me to disagree, but Agnus seems older than Credo who is in his thirties. there is no youth at all in Agnus persona
It's not that unlikely. The point is that the Order wasn't actively doing any of that stuff when Vergil came to town, and that wasn't why there were Demons there for him to fight - because in the end he concludes that their faith wasn't misguided.
It depends what Vergil means with misguided , since this is a guy who did absolutely anything to get power. As much he found me not be misguided because they worship his Dad's power. Vergil was whatever if they were actually good people .

That implies Lady and the others only work locally to Dante's shop, and that the Order was hunting Demons for possibly decades before their reach came into contact with them. But, we know that they work internationally as well, and unlike young Lady or her mother the DMC crew is experienced with the supernatural to a degree that them overlooking the Order's activities is a bit unlikely.
DMC4 says in clear words it was Lady who brought Dante into action,which gives a red flag: if Dante and Trish know about the Order but don't do absolutely anything about, they are ABSOLUTELY incompetent, but guess it can't be help.After all they were in Fortuna just some shots to put in Instagram and to wreck the city as two psychopaths.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
if Dante and Trish know about the Order but don't do absolutely anything about, they are ABSOLUTELY incompetent, but guess it can't be help.

Except they didn't know about the Order at all, it was Lady who informs Dante about it.

Also neither Trish or Dante wreck anything, it was the demon outbreak and the Savior.

Veloran

Allow me to disagree, but Agnus seems older than Credo who is in his thirties. there is no youth at all in Agnus persona
I don't agree, in a lot of ways Agnus acts like a big child.

It depends what Vergil means with misguided , since this is a guy who did absolutely anything to get power. As much he found me not be misguided because they worship his Dad's power. Vergil was whatever if they were actually good people .
Vergil may be all about daddy's power, but he really doesn't like Demons. If at the time the Order was summoning them and was clearly corrupt to the point that they were just using his father as a figurehead to further their own ambitions, he wouldn't just be down with that and say they were fine.

DMC4 says in clear words it was Lady who brought Dante into action,which gives a red flag: if Dante and Trish know about the Order but don't do absolutely anything about, they are ABSOLUTELY incompetent, but guess it can't be help.
I don't understand what you mean. It was Lady's jobs that they had begun infringing on, even in some theoretical where they had also taken some of Dante or Trish's work, it's not really incompetence for them to have simply written it off as other Demon hunters. But Lady is the workaholic, so she looked into the competition more than anyone else would have.

Gel

Premium
Also neither Trish or Dante wreck anything, it was the demon outbreak and the Savio
Sorry, you have to tell Lady that. It was HER who says things got those proportion because a certain individual did the do. And neither Dante or Trish were REALLY worried in stop that think.They were enjoying the city views. See the novel.
I don't agree, in a lot of ways Agnus acts like a big child.
Me too and even Dante, Trish and a lot of so called adults.

Vergil may be all about daddy's power, but he really doesn't like Demons. If at the time the Order was summoning them and was clearly corrupt to the point that they were just using his father as a figurehead to further their own ambitions, he wouldn't just be down with that and say they were fine.
It depends, to be honest. After all Arkham did what he did with Vergil's blessing, even killed his own wife, who apparently was nothing but a gentle lady. He didn't stop Arkham of trying to kill his own daughter and even made fun of him when he failed.

I don't understand what you mean. It was Lady's jobs that they had begun infringing on, even in some theoretical where they had also taken some of Dante or Trish's work, it's not really incompetence for them to have simply written it off as other Demon hunters. But Lady is the workaholic, so she looked into the competition more than anyone else would have.
If they both knew the order and had some kind of idea what they were which is a possibility...

Last edited:

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Sorry, you have to tell Lady that. It was HER who says things got those proportion because a certain individual did the do.

Oh if you mean that Trish was indirectly responsible for giving them Sparda, then yes.

And neither Dante or Trish were REALLY worried in stop that think.They were enjoying the city views. See the novel.

I don't consider the novel canon. I know you do but I don't.

Reactions: Gel

Veloran

Sorry, you have to tell Lady that. It was HER who says things got those proportion because a certain individual did the do. And neither Dante or Trish were REALLY worried in stop that think.They were enjoying the city views. See the novel.
Of course they weren't worried, the Order was practically a joke to them.

Me too and even Dante, Trish and a lot of so called adults.
Agnus goes a bit beyond though, he's one of the silliest characters in the series. And physically speaking, he certainly doesn't look that old.

It depends, to be honest. After all Arkham did what he did with Vergil's blessing, even killed his own wife, who apparently was nothing but a gentle lady. He didn't stop Arkham of trying to kill his own daughter and even made fun of him when he failed.
There was a bit of irony going on there, but regardless of what you think Vergil meant exactly in regards to Arkham, it still wouldn't make sense for him to approve of the Order. Even if he was completely fine with them using Demons and sacrificing Humans to serve their attainment of power, he wouldn't be okay with them using Sparda's name and legacy as a front to make it happen.

Additionally, I'm pretty sure they didn't start going whole-hog into the Demon shenanigans until a long while after Nero became a knight - He was one of their best agents, but hadn't yet been inundated with an ascension ceremony before 4 took place.

If they both knew the order and had some kind of idea what they were which is a possibility...
We already know they didn't know. Even if there was ever some tertiary contact beforehand, the Order had presented itself as completely legitimate.

Gel

Premium
Of course they weren't worried, the Order was practically a joke to them.
My problem is not the Order or how powerful they are. It's the innocent people behind killed in the middle and they were totally giving a damn.Very unDantish! But them again they gave Sparda to the Order just to have fun, which is the same of giving Daesh some powerful nuclear bomb and giggling how fun it will be.
Agnus goes a bit beyond though, he's one of the silliest characters in the series. And physically speaking, he certainly doesn't look that old.
But he is not that young either and he is a wacko scientist.That's why he is a freak.
There was a bit of irony going on there, but regardless of what you think Vergil meant exactly in regards to Arkham, it still wouldn't make sense for him to approve of the Order. Even if he was completely fine with them using Demons and sacrificing Humans to serve their attainment of power, he wouldn't be okay with them using Sparda's name and legacy as a front to make it happen.
That's why I lament so much the lack of the third part of the DMC3 manga and how poor and superficial they went with Vergil's character.Some files go on how evil he was while other media gives emphasis on how he isn't hostile to humans, because a child of Sparda can't be hostile to humans.The only time Vergil shows some kind of repulse about what Arkham have done , it is when he mentions Arkham's wife was nothing more than a loving person.Even when Arkham goes out to kill his daughter" because that is what Vergil wants", Vergil didn't say yes, but he didn't say no either.So my conclusion is that he is whatever for humans and demons, UNLESS they touch his precious Sparda's power.
Additionally, I'm pretty sure they didn't start going whole-hog into the Demon shenanigans until a long while after Nero became a knight - He was one of their best agents, but hadn't yet been inundated with an ascension ceremony before 4 took place.
Let's agree to disagree here. I accept your point of view since there is nothing in favor or against it.

Top Bottom