• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

If the next DMC game wasn't DMC5...

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Why would they be in different places?

The island did explode in DMC1, but I don't think it sank, and I doubt that Nelo Angelo's armor just washed up somewhere.

I mean the other half could have fallen somewhere after the castle collapsed in on itself.

Veloran

I mean the other half could have fallen somewhere after the castle collapsed in on itself.
I... Guess? I mean if both parts were being held in the same place it would be pretty odd for them to be separated massively by the island's explosion, like maybe if they were in a tower or something and they were blown apart, but even then the story of how the Order guys found both pieces isn't exactly a game-worthy thing.

Redgrave Kyo

Unusual sight
Is that minor unknown really worth making an entire game about?

We already know the Order scavenged the remains of Mallet Island before DMC4, so the obvious conclusion would be that they recovered Yamato, most likely broken during Vergil's fight with Mundus and kept as a trophy.

"would be" "most likely". Aside from the fact I didn't know a thing about the Order/Mallet Island, no this is not a minor unknown since it's a weapon which somehow got broken, left the hands of an major character, Vergil (how would it be on Mallet Island when we don't even know where the Vergil/Mundus fight occured... while he was in Hell ? Mallet Island does not have much relationship) for the hands of another major character, Nero. No less than his son what's more. Clearly that deserves some explanation. A game is really possible about it, knowing how Capcom develops story in their Devil May Cry games.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
how would it be on Mallet Island when we don't even know where the Vergil/Mundus fight occured... while he was in Hell ?)
Seeing as the Order couldn't develop the artificial Hell Gates until after they recovered Yamato, it presumably had to come to the real world at some point.

A fan theory I saw that was Yamato was turned into Nelo Angelo's giant sword after Vergil was corrupted and broke after his death.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Erm maybe its all more simple than we think? I mean there was real demon gate in Fortuna which Sanctus and Agnus were researching. Maybe they just salvaged pieces of yamato from hell and used it to keep portals open

Viper

Premium
Erm maybe its all more simple than we think? I mean there was real demon gate in Fortuna which Sanctus and Agnus were researching. Maybe they just salvaged pieces of yamato from hell and used it to keep portals open
Was the main gate ever opened before DMC4, though? We all saw what happened, demons flooding out, massacre in the streets... would Agnus really be capable of keeping under control and covering up something like that before developing Angelos? The gate is in the middle of the city, there would be plenty of attention and victims, even if the gate was opened a short while.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Was the main gate ever opened before DMC4, though? We all saw what happened, demons flooding out, massacre in the streets... would Agnus really be capable of keeping under control and covering up something like that before developing Angelos? The gate is in the middle of the city, there would be plenty of attention and victims, even if the gate was opened a short while.
remember that city was under constant attack from demons, which most likely result of Agnus research in hell

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
A fan theory I saw that was Yamato was turned into Nelo Angelo's giant sword after Vergil was corrupted and broke after his death.
Who knows!But IF Yamato was Vergil's devil arm, after his death is possible his soul is kept inside that sword. If his soul is kept there , it is possible that all broken parts of that sword were found because Vergil wanted so.After all Vergil can interact with his boy through his dreams.

Veloran

remember that city was under constant attack from demons, which most likely result of Agnus research in hell
Probably a long time before Agnus' research, considering Vergil fought Demons there over a decade in the past.

"would be" "most likely". Aside from the fact I didn't know a thing about the Order/Mallet Island, no this is not a minor unknown since it's a weapon which somehow got broken, left the hands of an major character, Vergil (how would it be on Mallet Island when we don't even know where the Vergil/Mundus fight occured... while he was in Hell ? Mallet Island does not have much relationship) for the hands of another major character, Nero. No less than his son what's more. Clearly that deserves some explanation. A game is really possible about it, knowing how Capcom develops story in their Devil May Cry games.
Considering that Nelo Angelo exploded in DMC1 and the Order still recovered his armor, it's not a stretch to think they similarly got a hold of Yamato.

There are a lot of ways it could have happened, but I really don't think any of them are worth more than a blurb on Yamato's next item description.

Viper

Premium
In the book Sanctus wasn't vicar yet when Vergil showed up and all the experimentation happened way later.
Technically he was, his predecessor was already dead and Sanctus was going through confirmation when Vergil showed up.

Forgot to add, Sanctus could have protected Agnus and his research before getting the highest position, he was retired former head of the Knights, that's pretty high up with lots of power coming from connections and his own personality that dispels suspicion.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gel

Gel

Premium
In the book Sanctus wasn't vicar yet when Vergil showed up and all the experimentation happened way later.
If I remember well Sanctus was already making all the ritual preparations to become a Vicar when Vergil shows up.We can see Sparda's statue is still to be finished and all.
That's why Sanctus remembers Nero' s age and who is his (supposed) father and mother.

Viper

Premium
solo…that kinda means that Vergil and Dante ageing on different pace...
Umm, please elaborate how you came to this conclusion?
All it means is that Dante in DMC4 is older than people usually claim, and/or that Nero might not be 19 how they calculated, but 16-17 as he is in the book.

Reactions: Gel

Gel

Premium
because sanctus is ancient. Like REALLY ancient. There is no way they build giant complex in 2-3 years.
?.Are you talk about the Savior?17 is more than enough to make that statue.
Umm, please elaborate how you came to this conclusion?
All it means is that Dante in DMC4 is older than people usually claim, and/or that Nero might not be 19 how they calculated, but 16-17 as he is in the book.
Don't forget when Istuno said Dante was 19 years old in DMC3, it was an approximate age, not an absolute.The same way a couple of years does not mean 2 exact years.
If we compare Nero with Vergil's in game model, when see Vergil is 2-3 years older than Nero.

Viper

Premium
m talking about complete demon's gate facilit and artificial demon gates
Demon gates are actually simple in design, the only heavier work done on them was making them magical. A workaholic like Agnus should have been able to do it, alongside various recruits that Sanctus gave him.

Top Bottom