• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Do we even know if there will be a DmC2?

D H

That awkard feeling when you realize you were responding to 2 months old comments without even realizing it...

I've got that right now...

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
I think a sequel is very likely to happen.
after all.... Why would they reboot the series, only to make one game?
What would be the point?
They'll probably just make the next one feel a bit more like the originals. They've already set up Vergil turning into a rotten apple like he was in the originals and Dante becoming more like Dante. I guess it'd open up a plot-like event similiar to DMC3.

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
I think a sequel is very likely to happen.
after all.... Why would they reboot the series, only to make one game?
What would be the point?

Ubisoft did it with Prince of Persia I believe and the point was to try something new and get more sales.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
They'll probably just make the next one feel a bit more like the originals. They've already set up Vergil turning into a rotten apple like he was in the originals and Dante becoming more like Dante. I guess it'd open up a plot-like event similiar to DMC3.
I would like to see what NT could do with a DMC3-ish plot, but now that Vergil has gone to the dark side so to speak....would he still need to team up with Arkham? Or how could NT imagine a character like him for a reboot? I'd like to see what they could do.

D H

But the question still stands: What was the point? If they make DmC 2 into Devil May Cry 3-lite... what was the point? They went through all the trouble of rebooting the series and have already alienated a large portion of the fanbase, so why not actually do something interesting rather than retreading everything?

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
I thought Capcom did this to get more sales? if DmC didn't get the expected sales Capcom were looking for why would they waste the money on a sequel they know what get that much money?

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
I would like to see what NT could do with a DMC3-ish plot, but now that Vergil has gone to the dark side so to speak....would he still need to team up with Arkham? Or how could NT imagine a character like him for a reboot? I'd like to see what they could do.

I'd like for Arkham to be a demon and Lady to be part demon, part human. With what Arkham does in the game he does in a way behave like a demon [getting stabbed by Vergil and being revived, disguising himself as Jester] so it wouldn't be too dramatic a change. Also it could give more leeway for Lady being as strong and aerobatic as she is and why one of her eyes is red, if because she had demon blood in her. But it would just be interesting if they did that as so to bring in the hybrids concept more since we know Nephilims part demon/angels, so there's nothing yet stating a demon/human angel/human can't exist in this reboot too.

I'd be interested to see how they recreate Arkham though, Lady too.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Thats beenvand done . DmC =new characters and storyline ftw

....but it had many old (rebooted) characters.

Dante
Vergil
Eva
Sparda
Mundus

So I would not be surpised to see Arkham or even a rebooted Trish in the next game (if its even made that is).

nephlim god

Yeahh i no but we got kat and phineas . I relyy dont wana spend 50 pound on a dmc 3 with better graphics . NT have so much they can do with their DmC universe . Imo anyway

Loopy

Devil hunter in training

Dante
Vergil
Eva
Sparda
Mundus

So I would not be surpised to see Arkham or even a rebooted Trish in the next game (if its even made that is).
Yep, same here. Maybe even DMC4 characters after a few more games....that is if they can find a good way to introduce and reboot Nero.And I could see them making the secret experiment side of The order of the sword a lot more creepy.

Just putting this out there, but what if they made Phineas as Arkham in disguise?:/ That would be a twist, and Phineas was suggesting Dante got Mundus mad at the cost of killing a load of people....and Phineas did benefit from Mundus' death and kind of manipulated Dante. Like how Arkham manipulated both Dante and Vergil to reach his goals dressed as Jester.

Or maybe that would ruin the mysteriousness of Phineas.

XDmC12345X

#BringBackTheStupidFiles

Dante
Vergil
Eva
Sparda
Mundus

You just listed the main characters that have to be in or mentioned

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
You just listed the main characters that have to be in or mentioned

Why do they have to be in it or mentioned exactly?

This is a reboot after all, and considering how much NT changed the mythos of DMC I don't think the absence of some characters would have lessened the blow of anything.

XDmC12345X

#BringBackTheStupidFiles
Why do they have to be in it or mentioned exactly?

This is a reboot after all, and considering how much NT changed the mythos of DMC I don't think the absence of some characters would have lessened the blow of anything.
They are essentials, excpet mundus but if there was no dante vergil sparda eva, this game is not even devil may cry, then it would be a spin off not a reboot, reboot is starting fresh but keeping the same dna. Imagine a resident evil reboot but no previous characters are there or even mentioned.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
They are essentials, excpet mundus but if there was no dante vergil sparda eva, this game is not even devil may cry, then it would be a spin off not a reboot, reboot is starting fresh but keeping the same dna. Imagine a resident evil reboot but no previous characters are there or even mentioned.

Well this is all subjective really.

Its all what you perceive is essentials.

For others it would be Dante having white hair or a red coat.
Or Sparda being merely a legend that died many years ago before the main story
Or the Devil May Cry shop actually making a appearance in this game (something its done since DMC1 up to DMC4).

These could also be considered core essentials (IMO) for a DMC game to be recognized as such, but DmC doesn't have any of these.

As I said, its all subjective, and considering this is a reboot that ****ed off a lot of fans anyway, I don't think it was essential or required for them to include any of the old characters if they did not want to.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
Nobody knows
and
mlfw9234-twilight_nobody_cares.jpg
\
So STFU and get waiting for DMC5

Top Bottom