• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Do we even know if there will be a DmC2?

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I notice people say "Maybe this and that will be in DmC2" but are we even sure if a DmC2 will be made?
Just wondering.

Dante47

I'd defiantly like to see Ninja Theory twirl this universe in their palms more, but it's up to them.
If they chose to expand this universe and possibly add a better sense of depth, it would be welcomed.

wwinterj

There wouldn't be any point in a reboot if the plan isn't to make it a series. It all depends how much this game sells. Will there be a Devil May Cry 5? Never say never but because Capcom felt the need for a reboot I'd say not for a long time yet. It would be nice if both series could continue that way everyone is happy. If this game doesn't sell the sad fact of the matter is we may not have Devil May Cry at all but I honest doubt Capcom would give up on one of it's best franchises. It all just depends on what Capcom want to do at the end of the day and nothing is set in stone.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
There wouldn't be any point in a reboot if the plan isn't to make it a series. It all depends how much this game sells. Will there be a Devil May Cry 5? Never say never but because Capcom felt the need for a reboot I'd say not for a long time yet. It would be nice if both series could continue that way everyone is happy. If this game doesn't sell the sad fact of the matter is we may not have Devil May Cry at all but I honest doubt Capcom would give up on one of it's best franchises. It all just depends on what Capcom want to do at the end of the day and nothing is set in stone.

Didn't they give up on Megaman?

Ether0

Nephilim Lover
Hopefully the game sells decent enough to get a sequel,because Capcom has no problem with killing a beloved series if it's not making them money.

Ether0

Nephilim Lover
Maybe Capcom will sell the franchise IP to the highest bidder if DmC doesn't do well.

Please Sony, buy DMC and make DMC5 and DmC2 on the PS4
I doubt they would ever sell it, just put it on the backburner for quite a while. They still have the Onimusha License for some reason.

darkmanifest

Unleash the blood
The game only just released, it'll be at least another month before the sales indicate whether or not it was a investment worthy of continuation. But from the sheer amount of promotion, it's clear Capcom is hopeful.

Devil Player

With reasonable sales and good reviews, I think a sequel is possible. :)

The question is: Will NT accept making another DmC game? After all the immature posts and attacks made by thousands of people, anyone would think twice before being part of the production team. At least, I would think hard, lol.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
It's charting quite high on UK and US amazon for both versions (place 21 last time I saw). So I'm hopeful there will be a sequel.

Ether0

Nephilim Lover
I would also suspect that Capcom was likely not looking for Resident Evil number from this game and likely knew it would not sale as big as a potential DMC5 would, I mean Dragon's Dogma sold just okay and they consider that one of their biggest success and plan on making it into a major new series which makes me very happy. I hope they do continue this game's story with NT and I would be even happier if they made DMC5 and let Dante not be the main character and let Vergil, or Nero, or Sparda have the limelight for once. I think having two DMC series gives them a lot of room to be way more versatile in their game design decisions, which could lead to much better games overall.

btmudd28

With reasonable sales and good reviews, I think a sequel is possible. :)

The question is: Will NT accept making another DmC game? After all the immature posts and attacks made by thousands of people, anyone would think twice before being part of the production team. At least, I would think hard, lol.

True, I definitely see what you're getting at. But if reviews and sales show that people are buying and enjoying the game, wouldn't the pros outweigh the cons? No pun intended!

Dark Drakan

Admin
If the reception is positive then yeah there will be a sequel & so far reviews & sales seem positive so signs are good there will be another.

RedGear

Hello guys,
just wondering if any of you has wishlist for DmC2

if there is gonna be DmC2, here is my wishlist :D:D:D :

- more variety of weapons (including more new set of moves)
- parry is back
- new/old characters is back
- WALLHIKE!!! (seriously, wallhike could become more beautiful with some parkour moves or somethin')
- more stylish(but fast) moves
- more mature dante (after the events of DmC, he should be)
- No-more-plot-hole.
- and lastly, more angels (but not sexualized), like this one:
Beautiful-Angel-angels-8025041-1024-768.jpg

No. she is not sexualized IMO

this is sexualized IMO:
a24041_elvis_angels_francis_axe_300x222_p4p1.jpg

Credits goes to the maker of pictures

Thanks for reading

Top Bottom