• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Do we even know if there will be a DmC2?

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
...Can we have Sam Jackson as a badass Phineas in DmC2 instead of Morgan Freeman? =D

Lol Morgan Freeman, Phineas was a bit like him wasn't he ^^

morgan_zpse2bd283e.jpg

tumblr_inline_mjfc66oQzU1qz4rgp.gif

tumblr_inline_mjebcgBNuv1qz4rgp.gif

Dante's reaction would've been priceless if he'd been in it! :lol:

Fran0823

DmC and DMC why can't we have both?
The reactions in the forums to the latest NPD are hilarious

-DmC ranks 6th in January with no competition= "HA! GAME SUCKED! THE SALES PROVE IT! (Insert Dante laughing pic here) I AM SO GRATEFUL THAT THE SALES ARE AWFUL MGR WILL DESTROY IT, DMC5 WILL HAPPEN

-MGR ranks 5th on similar conditions while Aliens Motherducking Marines charts 6th= Oh that's a shame, the market is in shambles yadda yadda, but the sales are good enough to keep rising going, such an amazing game!!"

I still believe DmC did fine

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
The reactions in the forums to the latest NPD are hilarious

-DmC ranks 6th in January with no competition= "HA! GAME SUCKED! THE SALES PROVE IT! (Insert Dante laughing pic here) I AM SO GRATEFUL THAT THE SALES ARE AWFUL MGR WILL DESTROY IT, DMC5 WILL HAPPEN

Yeah. that's JANUARY. Not now.

Zilla

The inFAAMous
Regardless, RISING always had the advantage, being from a bigger series. And while brand name alone won't shift a game, it's surely responsible for most sales overall. Would Grand Theft Auto 5 sell as well if it were renamed Mr. Cool Cucumber's Crazy Adventure?

Game sales should never equal Game quality.

Fran0823

Regardless, RISING always had the advantage, being from a bigger series. And while brand name alone won't shift a game, it's surely responsible for most sales overall. Would Grand Theft Auto 5 sell as well if it were renamed Mr. Cool Cucumber's Crazy Adventure?

Game sales should never equal Game quality.
Tell that to haters back in January. By that logic, Colonial Marines is amazing

Zilla

The inFAAMous
Tell that to haters back in January. By that logic, Colonial Marines is amazing
Oh don't worry, I know all about the fan reaction to A:CM. I'm a member of the Gearbox forums for Borderlands 2 and occasionally I would hop over to the A:CM section to see what nonsense was going on. I'm not one to judge a game before I play it, or at least get a run on a demo of some kind, but A:CM just looks nasty. I think though that it's the huge potential and massive waste of an awesome IP that hurts the most.

Fran0823

Exactly, It pains me that a bad, broken, lazy made game gets sales it doesn't deserve (And by that I mean ANY sales) while something as good as DmC doesn't meet expectations

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Exactly, It pains me that a bad, broken, lazy made game gets sales it doesn't deserve (And by that I mean ANY sales) while something as good as DmC doesn't meet expectations

People have different taste. Some people just want to button mash (CoD), and others what to have stylish combat. (DmC, MGR, Killer is Dead, Assassin's Creed, etc.)

Fran0823

People have different taste. Some people just want to button mash (CoD), and others what to have stylish combat. (DmC, MGR, Killer is Dead, Assassin's Creed, etc.)
Yes, but none of the game you listed is objectively bad, they all have something good about them.

A:CM is OBJECTIVELY bad. There´s not a single redeeming quaility in the game, and even the most avid alien fan wants to avoid it's "Canon" like tha plague. Aliens give you cancer? Hicks? **** OFF

Zilla

The inFAAMous
^ That reminds Me, WHAT is the deal with Hicks' cameo? I'm not a huge fan of Aliens (more a Predator sort of fellow) but I own and have watched all the movies. 3 is obviously canon, so how can Hicks even be in A:CM?

Fran0823

"That's a Story for another time"
-Hicks in CM after being questioned about it

Also, chestbursters give you cancer because they create a cancerigenous placenta in your lungs or something, which apparently doesn't show up in the ultra futuristic high tech EEV from the past 3 movies. This was implemented so that what'shername could die from a facehugging even in front of a surgeon...in a room full of equipment...about 30 min before the alien's birth

NOTHING in DmC or MGR screws canon as bad as this kind of stuff, DmC had the decency of being a reboot, while MGR made just references to factual past events

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
If they make a DmC2, then it better have the following:

Dino-Vergil
unlockable Phoenix Wright skin that when worn effects the story.
Playable Pinkie Pie mode that effects the story.
Dino-Vergil
Chicken that when you attack it it beats the crap out of you
Samuel L Jackson
Dino-Vergil
More ponies

Did I mention it needs Dino-Vergil?
dinosaurs_may_cry__vorgil_the_edgy_t_rex_by_chisai73-d5m8xd0.png

Top Bottom