• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Do we even know if there will be a DmC2?

Triceranuke

I thought NT had signed up for a whole series reboot?
Is there actually reason to fear there won't be a sequel?

Cause I don't think my little heart could take that.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I'm fairly certain there will be a sequel. I mean, are you kidding me, with that ending? If that's just a cliffhanger I'll be sorely disappointed.

Frantix

The ending is definitely left open. We'll have to see how it sells first. Though the positive press they got this week alone was enough to show them they did something right. It's Capcom's third highest rated game this generation. And that's something.

InJoshtice

Official DmC FANBOY
I thought NT had signed up for a whole series reboot?
Is there actually reason to fear there won't be a sequel?

Cause I don't think my little heart could take that.
As things are going, Sales wise. This game is flying off the shelves, bringing in New fans from all over.
For Capcom that just means more MONEYS and for Ninja Theory they get dat recognition.
The ending is were Vergils Downfall picks off, but on Dantes half its pretty much certain that there'll be more DmC goodness to come.

I'm glad this games doing so well.

TheNoHeartedBeing

I knew the game would do well because there alot of people in the world that didnt hear about this game untill it came out. See all of us on the fourms are considered hardcore because we knew about this game 3 years before it even came out. Casuals they didnt know anything. All they had to see was a cool trailer on tv and then their sold. Anyway. I think there will be a sequel. I also think that Vergil might try to kill Kat because its Kat's fault that Dante hates Vergil.

Uchizumaki1

There wouldn't be any point in a reboot if the plan isn't to make it a series. It all depends how much this game sells. Will there be a Devil May Cry 5? Never say never but because Capcom felt the need for a reboot I'd say not for a long time yet. It would be nice if both series could continue that way everyone is happy. If this game doesn't sell the sad fact of the matter is we may not have Devil May Cry at all but I honest doubt Capcom would give up on one of it's best franchises. It all just depends on what Capcom want to do at the end of the day and nothing is set in stone.
I completely agree with you all the way. I myself can't stand the thought of either DMC Universe ending already when they both can still continue. They still need to show what happens to Dante after he went to hell in the original story & I'm sure every fan of the new DMC would like to see Dante & Vergil fight a war with each other as well as for Dante to grow up & unlock his full potential. It would a waist & poor business move to throw away their best franchises, one they can't afford unless it doesn't make a good enough sells or request for a sequence which I highly doubt.

XDmC12345X

#BringBackTheStupidFiles
Capcom likes money, they dont spend millions rebooting a franchise to drop it, now you might say "oh well they know people would buy dmc5. But thats the thing dmc4 sold so well they could have just doen another halfassed one and knew it would sell. But they didnt, think about it they will very likely do another one and market the hell out of it. Thats where they went wrong only saw one commerical. Put commercials everywhere i want to see a DmC2 commercial on every channel for that is for people above 17. I want tons of people to see Dante doingnthis awesome stuff and people say "what game is that?" "Where can i get it?" "when?"

D H

Capcom likes money, they dont spend millions rebooting a franchise to drop it, now you might say "oh well they know people would buy dmc5. But thats the thing dmc4 sold so well they could have just doen another halfassed one and knew it would sell. But they didnt, think about it they will very likely do another one and market the hell out of it. Thats where they went wrong only saw one commerical. Put commercials everywhere i want to see a DmC2 commercial on every channel for that is for people above 17. I want tons of people to see Dante doingnthis awesome stuff and people say "what game is that?" "Where can i get it?" "when?"

And that would jack up their budget by 20 million minimum to probably over 50 million more if you honestly want THAT big of an advertisement campaign. DmC is in a niche genre (aka Hack n' Slasher don't sell 5 million with exception to God of War, and even that series seems to be slowing down sales wise if the drop in preorders is any indication) and just sold well under expectations. Capcom isn't about to sink 50 to 70 million on a game that already disappointed them.

D H

As things are going, Sales wise. This game is flying off the shelves, bringing in New fans from all over.
For Capcom that just means more MONEYS and for Ninja Theory they get dat recognition.
The ending is were Vergils Downfall picks off, but on Dantes half its pretty much certain that there'll be more DmC goodness to come.

I'm glad this games doing so well.

...Capcom lowered expectations by 800,000 from 2 million shipped down to 1.2 million shipped (so we don't even know what their sales forecast is down to). Most sales charts has this game selling anywhere from 400,000 to 650,000 worldwide with sales already screeching to a halt after 2 months. Steam doesn't even have DmC in the top 100 for sales anymore and Vergil's Downfall is also already off the top 100. Sorry to burst your bubble, but the game is doing everything but "flying off the shelves and bringing in new fans".

D H

Ugh, shipped means sold. Why don't people understand this?

http://n4g.com/user/blogpost/teething/516585

Shipped means sold to Capcom. DmC could end up stalling out at 700,000 retail sales and the other 500,000 would end up sitting on the shelves for who knows how long. This situation is still an issue since it shows lack of consumer interest. It also means that retail stores are less likely to order as much if they make a sequel since they'd still have the first game stuck on the shelves. So maybe they ship 800,000 to 1,000,000 for DmC 2. The budget would be adjusted accordingly and the new baseline for the DMC series would be several hundred thousand to over a million less units "sold" per game compared to before the reboot. I hate being the killjoy but DmC 2 isn't exactly appealing to Capcom when they'd have to start from scratch due to the new console generation, meaning costs would be just as high, if not higher than DmC all the while looking at fewer and fewer sales. DmC was supposed to surpass Devil May Cry 1 and 4's initial sales, not do a fraction of them.

DmC keeps oscillating between being in the high 80's to being off the charts. Yesterday it was off the chart. Today it is at 90.

http://n4g.com/user/blogpost/teething/516585

Shipped means sold to Capcom. DmC could end up stalling out at 700,000 retail sales and the other 500,000 would end up sitting on the shelves for who knows how long. This situation is still an issue since it shows lack of consumer interest. It also means that retail stores are less likely to order as much if they make a sequel since they'd still have the first game stuck on the shelves. So maybe they ship 800,000 to 1,000,000 for DmC 2. The budget would be adjusted accordingly and the new baseline for the DMC series would be several hundred thousand to over a million less units "sold" per game compared to before the reboot. I hate being the killjoy but DmC 2 isn't exactly appealing to Capcom when they'd have to start from scratch due to the new console generation, meaning costs would be just as high, if not higher than DmC all the while looking at fewer and fewer sales. DmC was supposed to surpass Devil May Cry 1 and 4's initial sales, not do a fraction of them.

DmC keeps oscillating between being in the high 80's to being off the charts. Yesterday it was off the chart. Today it is at 90.

Don't worry about being a killjoy you're not. The game will have a sequel I guarantee it. These games have a long tail, and their sales always ramp up with price decreases and seasonal pushes. It will likely end up with 2 million shipped. And that should be reasonable, the magic 5 million number is stupid and never going to happen, so you'll find agreement from me there.

Romy

No matter how many fans the DMC in general lost, it equally got as much new ones if not more, with the DmC. There will be a sequel, no doubt about it.

D H

The ending is definitely left open. We'll have to see how it sells first. Though the positive press they got this week alone was enough to show them they did something right. It's Capcom's third highest rated game this generation. And that's something.

Edit:

Just saw the time stamp on this...

Fail on my part.

Xeroxis

Space Detective
Premium
I think a sequel is very likely to happen.
after all.... Why would they reboot the series, only to make one game?
What would be the point?

Top Bottom