• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC - What We know so far

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Australia usually just doesn't get mature games. However, the American ESRB rating system is extremely strict, more strict than our movie rating system. A good example is the Halo series - all M-rated, probably some of the tamest M-rated games I've ever seen. Certain elements listed on a game's ESRB rating have more weight to them that determines their rating.

Erian1Mortal

Premium
^ Doesn't Germany and Australia sometimes get revised versions of games though? I think I recall reading about a handful of gore-fest games being toned down in order to meet Ger/Aus rating requirements, so that they would be allowed on store shelves.

For Germany that changed quite a bit in recent years, even though there are a few minor cuts here and there, there are games like Dead Space or Max Payne 3 that get released in totally uncut versions, so I'm not really worrying about that, besides that, I just need to import from the UK or somewhere else and I'm set!

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
^ Doesn't Germany and Australia sometimes get revised versions of games though? I think I recall reading about a handful of gore-fest games being toned down in order to meet Ger/Aus rating requirements, so that they would be allowed on store shelves.
I know Left 4 Dead 2 and Manhunt were censored in their countries.

Erian1Mortal

Premium
You Germans missed out on MANHUNT!?

O der god, you would not believe how much I pity you right now.

I've still played and seen quite a bit of it, same with Postal. That are some of the craziest games ever made I guess,
but still not my cup of coffee. At least not if I play them, maybe watching a let's play or something.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Nope. Not gonna read it. Not gonna read the crush spoiler.

Will you read it if i give you a cookie ?

You Germans missed out on MANHUNT!?
i don't think so....
images

fatalityshizz

It seems to be the emblem of the family...It is on the portrait of Daddy.
Also it stores your weapons.

And in "public enemy" trailer the tatoo begins to glow like it was something very important. Since dantes past weights alot in this game this could mean the importance of family?

crush

And in "public enemy" trailer the tatoo begins to glow like it was something very important. Since dantes past weights alot in this game this could mean the importance of family?

Well you can't be a "Legendary Dark Knight" without your own coat-of-arms of course! lol
Ithink DmC extended the family problem more further, since it seems to involve Eva, who akmost didn't appear in the series as well, I think they will be a lot of family issues in this game.

Zilla

The inFAAMous
I believe the Tattoo is where Rebellion comes from once Dante is dragged into Limbo. As for E&I, I'm not quite sure if they're real-world physical or if they appear from somewhere also.

crush

I believe the Tattoo is where Rebellion comes from once Dante is dragged into Limbo. As for E&I, I'm not quite sure if they're real-world physical or if they appear from somewhere also.

The main question is who made those guns...

Paexie

The main question is who made those guns...
In the concept art it said that they are made from the same material as the rebellion, therefore Dante can summon them just like he can control the form it takes, so you can say that they never did look that way the first time around or simply take a form that best suits the wielder.
But really who knows.
They are ancient artifacts probably made by human demon hunters but then fell into the wrong hands and then Sparda.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
E&I are used outside of Limbo, but Rebellion seems to only be able to exist there. They might be made from the same material, but so far we see that the Revenant is a different firearm from E&I, since there is that shot of the shotgun being slid to him, which he picks up.

In one of the videos reviews, after Dante knocks out the Hunter, there's that shot of Dante remembering his mother and holding onto his amulet while the background changes - because he's leaving Limbo. While he's leaving Limbo, Rebellion is also fading away, just like the twisted Limbo-side of the world.

So as it seems, Rebellion only seems to be able to exist inside Limbo. Or, running on the current info available it seems to be - it's possible that info could change when the full game is released.

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
E&I are used outside of Limbo, but Rebellion seems to only be able to exist there. They might be made from the same material, but so far we see that the Revenant is a different firearm from E&I, since there is that shot of the shotgun being slid to him, which he picks up.

In one of the videos reviews, after Dante knocks out the Hunter, there's that shot of Dante remembering his mother and holding onto his amulet while the background changes - because he's leaving Limbo. While he's leaving Limbo, Rebellion is also fading away, just like the twisted Limbo-side of the world.

So as it seems, Rebellion only seems to be able to exist inside Limbo. Or, running on the current info available it seems to be - it's possible that info could change when the full game is released.

while it does seem likely that rebellion only exists in the demon world, you need to wonder does it really? no arguement with that it fades by itself without dante being aware when he exits limbo. and when he enters it he never seems to bring it out in any way. its just there. but if we say that it only exists in limbo, then surely Dantes other powers would only exist there also. ie his strength, reflexes and abilities. which we know don't as weve seen him use them out of limbo. i think its sortta like the immune system thing. when dantes is in limbo he istinctively reacts by bringin out rebellion which mind u is part of him.

that or he can summon up limbo at will but doesnt realise it when he uses his abilities in the real world

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Well, a weapon brought out by magic is different from inherent strength and agility of the body.

Thing about how the demons can't do jack to Dante unless they're in Limbo - it's possible demonic magic can only work in that plane of existence, and that's another reason why Kat - someone with a bit of magic - can also see and mess with Limbo.

That's the theory anyway. A GAAAAME THEEORY~

Top Bottom