• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC - What We know so far

Devil Player

Did anybody buy the new PSM?

A guy from gamefaqs claims he read the new one, and there was a ton of stuff about the game.

It says that Dante won't have the ability to activate DT until mission 9...

Red orbs can only be used to purchase items like vital and devil stars..

Skills can be previewed and used in a demonstration room, before purchasing

Skill unlocks can be reset and reused

First boss ( Hunter) will serve as a demonstration on parrying...

It seems they also show some of their orginal concepts for Dante . One of them shows Dante wearing a black suit, having his hands bandaged up, holding a revolver and a bloody knife...

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium

A guy from gamefaqs claims he read the new one, and there was a ton of stuff about the game.

It seems they also show some of their orginal concepts for Dante . One of them shows Dante wearing a black suit, having his hands bandaged up, holding a revolver and a bloody knife...
I bet that concept art he is referring to is that one image ripped from the demo.
I really want to see this concept image, does anybody have the new PSM magazine?

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall

So...this pic?
tumblr_me0wr1erJi1qmxyqfo3_1280.png

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium

Could be something he read, or it could all be things we already know about the game.

None of this is really new info, at least to me :p

Devil Player

Sorry for the double post. XD

The guy also said that:

Dante was with his family until he was seven years old. At that point something happened, they were separated, and Dante lost his memory.

*Dante's family home is called "Paradise"

*PSM was allowed to play up to and including mission 10; they stated that this is about half the game. Getting to this point took about six hours.

*In the first ten missions, PSM encountered three bosses.

*A blue, witch-like enemy can cast a protective shield around its allies.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
Well damn, I just had a late night run to Wal Mart to take pics of the magazine to surprise you guys, but I guess this guy beat me to it. :p
Oh well I will post mine as well, and I also read something new. You gain the Eryx gauntlets by defeating the guardian of the Virility Factory (I'm guessing Poison), the Arbiter is Sparda's axe (as we've seen from new gameplay), the Osiris is a gift from Dante's late mother, and the Aquila is gained by defeating Bob Barbas.
I didn't read all of the cover story, but like I said I took pics and I will upload them in just a bit. :)

Devil Player

Well damn, I just had a late night run to Wal Mart to take pics of the magazine to surprise you guys, but I guess this guy beat me to it. :p
Oh well I will post mine as well, and I also read something new. You gain the Eryx gauntlets by defeating the guardian of the Virility Factory (I'm guessing Poison), the Arbiter is Sparda's axe (as we've seen from new gameplay), the Osiris is a gift from Dante's late mother, and the Aquila is gained by defeating Bob Barbas.
I didn't read all of the cover story, but like I said I took pics and I will upload them in just a bit. :)

Amazing, pal. :)

Try to read everything and come back later to tell us about everything and some other news, if it's possible. XD

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
Amazing, pal. :)

Try to read everything and come back later to tell us about everything and some other news, if it's possible. XD
Unfortunately I've already left. :p I tried to skim for new info but I guessed I missed some. Perhaps the guy that got the magazine will touch up on what the magazine said. Oh I did read and can confirm that the player will get the Devil Trigger at mission 9. And in the pic with Dante in devil trigger it has the caption, "white hair throw back to the fans, or a hint at something else". It's gonna happen guys Dante is going to become a demon in this game, I can feels it.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
So here's the pics I took of the new PSM magazine.
DmCmagazine1.jpg

Coincidence? I think not.

DmCmagazine5.jpg

DmC gracing the PSM cover.

DmCmagazine4.jpg

I shall call you Fight Club Dante.

DmCmagazine2.jpg

Close up of Fight Club Dante

DmCmagazine3.jpg

Another shot of Fight Club Dante.

I like the concepts, they are very gritty and different. I would like to see Fight Club Dante as a costume choice in DmC.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I could have sworn that Playstation Official Magazine was the one that got canned though. Are there two PSOMs?

I dunno. I stopped following magazines for the most part, except for Game Informer, which I get through work.

crush

God, if I were told this Dante is Public enemy No.1 I will trust the media nomatter what.
He looks very BAD. (Which is great because our Dante now is too nicer.)
I sort of seen this kind of character somewhere...Can't remember it.

EricDaNerd

I miss the cigarettes he had in the early trailers. Why get rid of it? I thought it was cool when he snuffed it out in a demons eyeball. That should be in every game ever. In fact it should be a buyable move. Hell, even a paid DLC(and I hate them) would be alright with me.

1,000,000 orbs and you can use demons as ashtrays. Make it happen TEAM NINJA.

chocolatepanda

In the concept art it said that they are made from the same material as the rebellion, therefore Dante can summon them just like he can control the form it takes, so you can say that they never did look that way the first time around or simply take a form that best suits the wielder.
But really who knows
I thought everything about E&I was unknown. We dont even know where Dante got them. I dont remember anything saying they were made from the same material as Rebellion but i do remember them saying they had the same design concept. And Dante does have his guns in the real world i think when him and Virgil are doing the Lilith and Kat exchange.

Top Bottom