• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Definitive Edition for PS4 & Xbox One

scionicspectre

SPOILERS on the new scene in this post!

I think the main reason they took the scene out was to speed up the pacing and give a sense of 'alright, s*** just got real, what now'? Switching to Kat's perspective just for her to say she's on board anyway was probably seen as a bit distracting, although I appreciate the depth it adds to the situation, regardless. It's kind of foreshadowing for the conversation they have in the last mission. That also makes Vergil's creepy smile at the end a bit unnerving.

Last edited by a moderator:

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
It seemed pretty obvious that's what she had done, considering they established her tendency to astral project to avoid the pain of abuse before, of course she'd do it under torture and explore Silver Sacks while in Mundus' captivity.

It's not exactly a matter of clairvoyance, just...paying attention...I guess?

On-topic! Seeing the stream they really did ramp up the bosses, and one thing I'm extremely happy about is that the mid-fight chatter seems to have been reprogrammed so it's actually prevalent. There was all this chatter that I knew existed in the game, but it seems the coding hiccupped a lot of the time. Not that it's that important to gameplay, but for the overall presentation, it's certainly welcome that it's been figured out.

Where did you see the latest stream. It's been offline for me

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
At the end of the stream they also mentioned a special announcement during Definitive Edition's release; I wonder if it'll be them ramping up right into DMC4se stuff...?

wow, i sure hope it's DmC related, maybe about DmC's future, or something more of a we're currently working on DmC sequel.. or a DmC movie is on the work.. i dunno, just DmC stuffs

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
wow, i sure hope it's DmC related, maybe about DmC's future, or something more of a we're currently working on DmC sequel.. or a DmC movie is on the work.. i dunno, just DmC stuffs
I wouldn't get your hopes up about that. The chances of it having to do with DmC seem very slim.

sssensational

What are you gonna do with all that power?
Supporter 2014
That also explains how she survived torture.

It would've been nice to see the scene in question. Not nice as in 'nice :D', but you know, interesting.

At the end of the stream they also mentioned a special announcement during Definitive Edition's release; I wonder if it'll be them ramping up right into DMC4se stuff...?

*breathing intensifies*

Maybe a specific release date for DMC4SE? Or more info on classic Vergil's return?

Whatever it is, 2015 is Devil May Cry's year. I need it to be. xD

SPOILERS on the new scene in this post!

I think the main reason they took the scene out was to speed up the pacing and give a sense of 'alright, sh!t just got real, what now'? Switching to Kat's perspective just for her to say she's on board anyway was probably seen as a bit distracting, although I appreciate the depth it adds to the situation, regardless. It's kind of foreshadowing for the conversation they have in the last mission. That also makes Vergil's creepy smile at the end a bit unnerving.

I always thought it went a little too fast.

I mean, one minute I'm all hyped up and ready to slaughter hordes of demons because they just shot and kicked the crap out of Kat and Dante wanted to hold her hand but he was physically unable to do that aND I'M MAD!!! And then the other moment the next mission starts and I'm looking at a cutscene of Dante and Vergil arguing about whether or not they should save her.

I kinda wish they dragged it out a bit longer. A few missions and then Dante discovers that Kat is still alive, decides to drop everything to save her, which obviously clashes with Vergil's intentions... it could've made the whole thing more emotional.

All in all, I would've loved more missions (aka story content) to DmC. The story felt a bit rushed.

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
I wouldn't get your hopes up about that. The chances of it having to do with DmC seem very slim.

yeah, i wouldn't also, but since it's saying special announcement, well they announced DMC4:SE already --with vergil, how much more special can it be.. if it were suppose to be about DMC4:SE, could've said it just like that, we're going to give MORE INFOS on DMC4 : SE, instead of using words like 'special announcement'..

or maybe DMC5? now that's special

sssensational

What are you gonna do with all that power?
Supporter 2014
or maybe DMC5? now that's special

While I don't think so, it could have something to do with the movie they wanted to make back in 2012. Personally I think that idea's already down the drain, but never say never.

I don't know how they'd want to announce a sequel though (DmC2 or DMC5), publishers usually announce it with a trailer.

I'm not getting my hopes up about anything, it's probably more detailed info on DMC4: SE. Maybe they want to confirm it's coming to PC now that the word's out there.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Yeah, let's hope that whole exploded stomache thing convinced her to invest in a new one. Haha, stupid Vergil, thinking a shot to the head would kill a real demon.
In the DMC novel Vergil told Dante that despite his grievous injuries he would heal because 'you share the same blood as us' and if he wanted to put him down permanently he was going to destroy his heart. I forget if decapitation also worked but that's a bit of a given.

Dante94513

Been looking at a few recent gameplays and I just noticed something. The mission rank in DmC: DE is much more harsher than the original and DMC4. Almost close to DMC3's. Like here:

OK, so the player may not be so great, just decent enough. But it seems that you get a low rank if you stay in a mission for 10 minutes, plus the points he got wasn't enough. And this isn't just in hardcore mode either.

Last edited:

SPARTAN-1000

NO PAIN NO GAIN
I just Got the game playing the classic DMC3 vergil Skin , on the way to unlocking bloody palace :)

Can you transfer save data from PS3 to PS4 ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Gbraga

I don't think so. It shouldn't take long to get everything again, anyway.

I'll definitely use the item finder cheat thing this time though, I don't feel like going after those things again.

No preload or even preorder is a shame, but oh well. My PSN monnies are ready, now we wait... Now we wait >_<

Top Bottom