• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

After DmC, you guys want a DmC2 or a DMC5

DmC2, DMC5, or something different

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Look i dont know if we should get a DmC2 because i dont know enough about DmC to say we need to see to another one.

But I dont want a DMC5 because i dont think capcom could pull it off because they dont know what to do with it. DMC4 felt stale, had problems that were preventable and a story that felt like a bad anime filler.

I came into the series with 3 loving the **** out of Dante and liking the potential he had but 4 and the anime took that potential and squandered it, making Dante a shell of what he once was. I dont know if Capcom could make it right.

The story of DMC is not a bad one, it just needs someone to give it some love which Capcom hasn't because most of the problems with the plot and its holes came about because they were too lazy to actually think a plot through.

then what about NT handling the story of the original series?

Wouldn't that solve the "animeish storyline" you disliked?

rocketvergil

Vergil's apprentice, the successor to yamato

I dont think anyone can save DMC's story
the introduction of nero really ****ed everything up

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
I dont think anyone can save DMC's story
the introduction of nero really ****** everything up

I disagree.

All it needs is someone who gives a damn about making a coherent storyline for DMC which is something Capcom themselves don't seem to want to do.

So I say hand the story responsibilities over to someone who has a good understanding of the series and it can definitely work.

rocketvergil

I disagree.

All it needs is someone who gives a damn about making a coherent storyline for DMC which is something Capcom themselves don't seem to want to do.

So I say hand the story responsibilities over to someone who has a good understanding of the series and it can definitely work.
I dont understand how some can possibly give logic to a 25 year old ( vergil) having a 20 year old son (nero)
And yes it has been confirmed that nero is vergil's son

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
I dont understand how some can possibly give logic to a 25 year old ( vergil) having a 20 year old son (nero)
And yes it has been confirmed that nero is vergil's son

I recall hearing about it being revealed in a manga or something, but not sure about it being "officially" confirmed by Capcom themselves.

And even if it was, do you have confirmed ages for Nero and Vergil?

rocketvergil

I recall hearing about it being revealed in a manga or something, but not sure about it being "officially" confirmed by Capcom themselves.

And even if it was, do you have confirmed ages for Nero and Vergil?
Nero is a human and looked 20 year old,
Dante and vergil are demons so they might have been 40, without signs of aging
But lady is a human and she didnt age much after DMC 3 so I,m guessing neither did Dante,
which brings us to the fact that dante ( also vergil) werent any more than 30.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters

To be fair I did say "bad anime filler" which implies that I think there are good animes out there (which i do). I didn't mean its bad because its animeish, i meant its bad because its a badly told story. Them being a Japanese company has nothing to do with how bad it is.

The reason i brought up bad fillers because it felt like one and suffers from similar problems. Fillers aren't associated with storytelling outside of anime normally so that why i added anime

maybe/maybe not. Too much off a what if. I think it would be a better show of their writing skills thought because dealing with continuity is trickier than working with a reboot.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Nero is a human and looked 20 year old,
Dante and vergil are demons so they might have been 40, without signs of aging
But lady is a human and she didnt age much after DMC 3 so I,m guessing neither did Dante,
which brings us to the fact that dante ( also vergil) werent any more than 30.

Soooooo.....

You don't have a confirmed age for vergil?

So your whole point is kinda mute here since its based off of a assumption.

Vergil could have easily been old enough to father a child.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Confirmed ages; 28 as of DMC1 by in game statements and info; 8 years old when Eva was murdered, 20 years since then are the events of DMC1, stated by directors of DMC3 and 4 to have been 19 in DMC3 and Nero was the same age in DMC4 that Dante was in DMC3, and DMC4 is ten years after DMC3. Thus, confirmed age; 29

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Confirmed ages; 28 as of DMC1 by in game statements and info; 8 years old when Eva was murdered, 20 years since then are the events of DMC1, stated by directors of DMC3 and 4 to have been 19 in DMC3 and Nero was the same age in DMC4 that Dante was in DMC3, and DMC4 is ten years after DMC3. Thus, confirmed age; 29

wait, where is the source that says DMC4 takes place 10 years after DMC3?

Can you post the source please?

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
yeah, I just need to find the interview with Kobayashi, he'd made a comment that Lady was ten years older from DMC3 in DMC4, one of the interviews that I recall, and that Nero in DMC4 was the same age as Dante in DMC3

rocketvergil

Soooooo.....

You don't have a confirmed age for vergil?

So your whole point is kinda mute here since its based off of a assumption.

Vergil could have easily been old enough to father a child.
If they confirmed vergil to be 45 would that be logical
Im giving you the logical explanation as to why DMC 4 killed the series.

Plus it is confirmed that Dante was 21 in DMC 1

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
yeah, I just need to find the interview with Kobayashi, he'd made a comment that Lady was ten years older from DMC3 in DMC4, one of the interviews that I recall, and that Nero in DMC4 was the same age as Dante in DMC3

Thats kinda weird if true.

Considering the anime takes place after DMC1 and if you are right then Dante changed a lot in a short amount of time appearance wise.

If your right then its only been 1 years later of DMC1 during the events of DMC4 which really does seem mess up considering Dante's matured appearance.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
...so he was one year old then when Eva died? Because the official canon backstory says 8 years old when she died, and trish outright says "it's been twenty years" that's 28, no 21.

Edit: So found teh time frame reference interview...

http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2007/10/interview-hiroy/

Kobayashi outright says Lady is ten years older in DMC4 from DMC3. Searching for the other interview that noted Nero's age

rocketvergil

Thats kinda weird if true.

Considering the anime takes place after DMC1 and if you are right then Dante changed a lot in a short amount of time appearance wise.

If your right then its only been 1 years later of DMC1 during the events of DMC4 which really does seem mess up considering Dante's matured appearance.
So now do u see why Nero just messed up the whole series?

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
If they confirmed vergil to be 45 would that be logical
Im giving you the logical explanation as to why DMC 4 killed the series.

Sorry but Dante Redgrave's explanation of ages seem more logical than yours.

And he would not have to be 45 (side note: not sure way you keep over exaggerating ages) first you said vergil was only 5 years older than Nero and now your saying he would have to be 25 years older than him to father a child?

rocketvergil

Sorry but Dante Redgrave's explanation of ages seem more logical than yours.

And he would not have to be 45 (side note: not sure way you keep over exaggerating ages) first you said vergil was only 5 years older than Nero and now your saying he would have to be 25 years older than him to father a child?
I'm not as mature as him, and I know that , I tend to get excited to much
But in the end, I'm just happy atleast someone could convince you
Plus, redgrave's opinions are more factual than logical
that is why He could convince you

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
I'm not as mature as him, and I know that , I tend to get excited to much
But in the end, I'm just happy atleast someone could convince you
Plus, redgrave's opinions are more factual than logical
that is why He could convince you

wait this really does not solve much.

As I asked earlier, was the manga ever confirmed to be canon by Capcom themselves?

Otherwise there could be a likely chance he isn't even Nero's father.

The whole point you apparently where trying to make is that Capcom's DMC story is "beyond saving" and you used the Nero situation to further prove this.

I would like a confirmation from Capcom on whether Nero is his son.

Otherwise you will have to find another point to prove that DMC story can not be saved.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
To my recollection the DMC3 manga is still canon, just...never concluded. I still fail to see the way that they would be any kind of proof that Vergil is Nero's father since they're is only a decade of age between them, Bingo had to specifically suggest that Nero was younger than what the game's director said in order to hint it, and it still made no sense.

Then again, Capcom has never said that the first DMC novel was retconned totally out of canon, the community at large just kind'a assumed it. Being that the Anime is explicitly canon, and it reference the first novel, I take that at "novel's background info still counts." I mean Goikeda got the info for Dante's backstory from Kamiya.

Top Bottom