• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

After DmC, you guys want a DmC2 or a DMC5

DmC2, DMC5, or something different

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GF9000000Returns

Yeah guys, I just had to do this. Anyways, what sequel would you guys rather see.

For me, I would rather see a DmC2 and a game for Sparda instead of a DMC5 certainly because I see the continuation of the original DMC story going nowhere after the last arc (in other words, DMC2). If there was a DMC5, I wouldn't be that much excited for it like I would for a DmC2.

majeh116

Provided the plot and character arc are everything NT keeps claiming they are then DmC 2 hands down. If not then just let the franchise die honestly but if you have to make another to DMC 5.

MegaMad9

The Mad Man
If DmC2 turns out as good as the previews and I, myself, hope it does, then I would take DmC2 over DMC5 just because I like the new artistic style of DmC and that I like a game with a good story

YamatoWielder

Protector of Mankind
Why not DmC 2? But it depends. But if someone wants a DMC5, then Capcom themselves should handle the development while DmC 2 is still Ninja Theory with Capcom on their backs.

Recently, there was a guy on You tube who told me that the only DMC story is DMC1. Heck, in addition for being a retard who was ****ed at DmC w/ slightly legitimate reasons (but losing credibility w/ him shoving his opinion in my mouth) he even shunned 2, 3, and 4, stating that every DMC game has a conclusion to to their own story, pointing out that the other 3 games are not canon. I'm starting to get flabbergasted by a weaboo.

SMH

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I wouldn't mind a DmC2, but only if DmC is as good as it's been shown.

If not, then I would rather DMC end where it is now.

Capcom sucks at story telling and characters, and I don't want a crappy story with a terribly anime styled Dante like in DMC4.

DmC is looking really fun right now, so it all depends on how good it truly is.

DarkSlayer54

Recently, there was a guy on You tube who told me that the only DMC story is DMC1...
I think that guy was half right. Looking back, I'd have to saw DMC1 and 3 are the only two that have some story to them. DMC2 raised a lot of questions, and it didn't really add anything to the plate. I don't remember learning anything new from DMC4, though feel free to correct me about this.
DMC1 obviously introduced the characters, and DMC3 answered a few questions that were unanswered from DMC1.

Personally, I want a DmC2. DMC1,2, and 3 were all different from each other. Each game felt like a parallel universe. So it doesn't really matter for me... If they continue the current DMC story, I'll expect plot holes. If I hate the DmC story, hey... at least it has a story.

scionicspectre

I honestly don't think a DMC 5 could be very good, no matter who did it. I mean, what could it possibly be about that would improve over DMC 1 & 3? Another half-assed story full of cameos and cheesy dialog like DMC 4 certainly wouldn't fit.

I suppose they could go into Dante's 'final' mission- you know, before he dies. That might be interesting.

I was actually looking forward to that 'Dance of Sparda' rumor before I heard about DMC 4. Something about Sparda could be cool given the new canon. I think a lot of people would be disappointed if that were made in the place of a sequel, though.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I honestly don't think a DMC 5 could be very good, no matter who did it. I mean, what could it possibly be about that would improve over DMC 1 & 3? Another half-assed story full of cameos and cheesy dialog like DMC 4 certainly wouldn't fit.

I suppose they could go into Dante's 'final' mission- you know, before he dies. That might be interesting.

I was actually looking forward to that 'Dance of Sparda' rumor before I heard about DMC 4. Something about Sparda could be cool given the new canon. I think a lot of people would be disappointed if that were made in the place of a sequel, though.

Well what's left of DMC for it to be made into a sequel?

ChaserTech

I'd be interested in a Sparda game, honestly. Although the story would probably suck though if it was solely handled by Capcom. Perhaps they could change the artstyle of the game as well since it would be all about Sparda instead of Dante.

I would be interested in a DmC2 game, only if DmC1 is good enough to persuade me. However I would only be interested in the story rather than the gameplay since I'm quite too fond of the DMC4 styled gameplay. DmC's gameplay (not the overall game) feels as if it's trying to be DMC but be completely different at the same time, which creates this wonky type of style for me. Not to mention the devs were constantly telling the fans that the gameplay will be "evolved", as well as being better than the original. If DmC somehow tops this, maybe I'll change my mind.

And of course, I'd be interested in a DMC5 game. DMC4 was corny in a lot of aspects but I still found it to be enjoyable due to the gameplay. It was fast, fluid, and it offered two characters to play along with two completely different combat styles. (no DLC as well HUEHUEHUEH :troll: )

Chibi Dante

Keepin' it Stylish!
Premium
DMC5
I'm a big fan of DmC, But serieously.. There's nothing better than the original.
THANK YOU.

Seriously, what bothers me the most is that everyone here acts like there's absolutely NO HOPE LEFT for the original series. Which is just ridiculous, to be quite frank. The foundation of this site was built upon THE ORIGINAL DEVIL MAY CRY. Not this DmC. What's it to you guys now, hm?

Out with the old, in with the new?

HA! Refuse to believe that. Honestly, DmC looks friggin FANTASTIC. But you mean to tell me that no one here would like to see more of Old Dante's demon slaying adventures? Come on! Regardless of whether you guys believe that he's 'corny', 'cheesy', or etc., Dante is an ICON to the gaming industry. He always has been, and always will be. DMC was genre defining, and you're perfectly okay with DmC REPLACING it? That to me is depressing. Nothing is more depressing than that...

I just want the old series back. I miss it so much. Dante, Vergil, Trish, Lady, and yes, you too Nero...You guys were great. You can thank Capcom for giving us such awesome characters, but you CANNOT thank them for taking them away and replacing them. If we could somehow keep DmC AND DMC, I'd be a-okay. But that isn't the case here.

The case here, is that members would rather pick ONE over the OTHER. DmC, clearly being the winner of choice. Why? Because apparently NT knows how to handle a story without creating plot holes in the process. That IS true. They excel at story. That means we should give up what we became fans of? We should forget about DMC, and just treat it as something to go back to when looking to visit "Memory Lane"? No. F*** no. To anyone who would diss the old series and characters and praise DmC's, this does not amuse me.

DmC has taken elements from DMC and expanded upon them. A lot of the traits New Dante has have been borrowed from the original Dante. Face the facts. Now, what would a DMC5 be like?

Its just hilarious to see people approving of New Dante yet still hating Nero. They're honestly no different! Nero is more human, if anything. (Don't cry that he was emo, because he is not. Honestly doubt that anyone who failed to save their love would just be like, "Cool!" and move on showing no emotion.) DMC5 could easily take place after DMC4, featuring Dante as the main protagonist again, with Nero, Lady, and Trish being supporting characters. Hell, make them playable. Possibly feature the return of Vergil as well. Bring back Mundus. Show how living in the Underworld is like. Give more emphasis on Dante's past.

In my HONEST opinion...The new elements, concepts, and emphasis on Dante's past in DmC, COULD'VE BEEN DONE IN A SEQUEL FOR THE OLD DMC SERIES. "Abandon all hope"? That should be a theme on DMC Forums. There are only a SELECT few here that would enjoy seeing a DMC5, myself included. Yes, let's face it, DMC2 ~kind of~ screwed the series over. It doesn't have a place in the story (chronologically). But guess what? Capcom THEMSELVES wanted fans to forget about DMC2! They don't even want to acknowledge it! IMPLYING that DMC2 could NOT get in the way of the series! So please, do not use DMC2 as a poor excuse for no DMC5...

I'm just saddened. If DmC2 really does happen before DMC5, I will be really disappointed. So will others. There will just be more shyitstorms, but you know what? I'm actually sane. DMC, you will always stay alive in MY heart, even if Capcom doesn't want to continue you.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Hey now, I haven't disregarded the classic series for this new DmC. I may like it more, but I remember the roots. I was there to support DMC from the beginning.

My stance is that anything is possible. There's so many people who don't like DmC specifically because they think it means no more classic series, when there has been no hint of that at all.

I take games as they come. No one can see the future, or what might be announced next.

Dante47

Guys, how about we wait till DmC is actually out? Picking one of the other isn't exactly leading productive conversation, and it sure as hell won't convince Capcom to make DMC5.

As much as I want DMC5, I doubt Capcom would get the motivation to work on explaining all the major unexplained occurrences from DMC2 (Dante's pseudo-depression, riding off into hell, his fate, etc) or the tons of major inconsistencies with DMC4. (Dante's rejuvenated attitude after defeating Mundus, Nero's origins, etc)

Even if they decide to make DMC5, how many of you think it will even be what we all want it too be? They may just do another DMC4, adding more questions than answering existing ones.

As for DmC2, we'll have to see. It all depends on how DmC ends, and what it will lead into. For all I know, Vergil turns into a unicorn, (it's looking more likely since Tameem mentioned it) so I'll have to see how the game's story goes.

Top Bottom