• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

After DmC, you guys want a DmC2 or a DMC5

DmC2, DMC5, or something different

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KenKen

Gorram Browncoat
How about let CyberConnect2 work on a crossover? They did well on Asura's Wrath, and they're getting more action game experience by the year.

Domenic93

Guys, how about we wait till DmC is actually out?.
trust me I can smell a bad game coming a mile away, I was able to figure out that Ninja Gaiden 3 wasn't going to be as good as the previous ones from the moment I learned about the steel on bone mechanic was revealed,

ChaserTech

I agree pretty much with all of Chibi Cloud posted.

I've been hearing a lot of people saying that they prefer seeing DmC rather than the old series. And it has been confusing me like crazy. Sure, DmC seems interesting. But at this point I feel as if some people are just hoppin' on the bandwagon just because it's new. So far we haven't seen much about the story so we can't even say that it's good or not.

I'm sure Capcom could pull something out of their ass in order to bring back the old franchise. However Capcom's strong suit are fighting games. (imo) NT's pretty good with story, as Chibi stated, so maybe NT could seriously study the old DMC and help Capcom with their story, the way that Capcom wants it done.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
How about let CyberConnect2 work on a crossover? They did well on Asura's Wrath, and they're getting more action game experience by the year.

I'd rather CC2 get off their ass and help release more .hack games in the West first :/

nightrunner_ks

You are not in control
W
I agree pretty much with all of Chibi Cloud posted.

I've been hearing a lot of people saying that they prefer seeing DmC rather than the old series. And it has been confusing me like crazy. Sure, DmC seems interesting. But at this point I feel as if some people are just hoppin' on the bandwagon just because it's new. So far we haven't seen much about the story so we can't even say that it's good or not.

I'm sure Capcom could pull something out of their ass in order to bring back the old franchise. However Capcom's strong suit are fighting games. (imo) NT's pretty good with story, as Chibi stated, so maybe NT could seriously study the old DMC and help Capcom with their story, the way that Capcom wants it done.

Knowing Capcom they'd probably just be like "Dante escaped, Nero's older and edgier, Mundus is back, go kill him" for DMC5

Dante47

I'd really like to see NT and Capcom develop a new Devil May Cry every year. Think about it in the way Treyarch and Infinity Ward make Call of Duty, they could make a DMC game every year! They could also simultaneously produce DmC and DMC side by side! It's a win-win. Especially for people like me, who so far likes both series.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I'd really like to see NT and Capcom develop a new Devil May Cry every year. Think about it in the way Treyarch and Infinity Ward make Call of Duty, they could make a DMC game every year! They could also simultaneously produce DmC and DMC side by side! It's a win-win. Especially for people like me, who so far likes both series.

Capcom has said that they wanted to ramp up development time for games so they're released about every two years. The DMC franchise was mentioned in that desire.

Although, there is something to be said for oversaturating the market. Call of Duty is a prime example, simply because it seems "more quantity than quality" these days, and they seem to consistently lose and gain fans. No other game's sales is going to reach CoD numbers, and developers - especially the Japanese ones - need to accept that fact :/ The people buying CoD are not the same people that will buy other games.

DarkSlayer54

I would like a DMC5 to tie up some loose ends of the original series and THEN a DmC2.
I would like a second reboot. Same Dante, same Vergil... pretty much everything DMC games have given, except tied up like you've said. I'd rather replay the moments from DMC1-4 in chronological order than have small bits of information to make sense of things. Well, I did play all the DMC's in chronological order, but you get my point...

As much as I like DMC games, there seems to be a pattern to them. DMC1 gave answers, DMC2 gave questions, DMC3 gave answers, DMC4 gave questions... I'm a bit tired of this pattern to be honest. The way I see it, the only thing tying DMC games together is the gameplay and a Dante with a slightly different personality than the last.

EDIT: To expand on this, a second reboot could give a logical answer to Dante's change... kind of. I don't know what could explain Dante's personality change between DMC1 and 4... but heck, maybe Nero, or Trish dying could have caused Dante's sudden personality change in DMC2. Other questions they could answer could be: what happened to Vergil after DMC1. Or explain how the Yamato got in DMC4. Or further go into Vergil's motives in DMC3. Or go into more backstory of Sparda... show how Dante and Vergil were split up. Explain what their childhood was like... another thing I'd like to know, how long does Dante live? Since he's half demon, I would assume that he can live for a thousand years... Like, that would be pretty epic and it would explain a few holes. It would allow for more story as well.

Slaythe

DMC 2 3 4 are just as legitimate as DmC and potential DmC 2.

No Kamiya = no "original" DMC. Period.

If DmC ends up on a high note, with the characters and the story becoming closer to the idea we had of them (in the looks too), then DmC 2 should be done. It could be a modern retelling of DMC 1, with a more fleshed out world and amazing art direction. And better writing.

We would never ever have a "Nero" with NT's writing and char development ...

If Capcom makes a new DMC, I don't even see it being DMC 5 at this point, they sort of killed any interest in the 4th episode.

As for the gameplay, it will improve and I'm confident a sequel would fix all the problems.

m100t8s

THANK YOU.

Seriously, what bothers me the most is that everyone here acts like there's absolutely NO HOPE LEFT for the original series. Which is just ridiculous, to be quite frank. The foundation of this site was built upon THE ORIGINAL DEVIL MAY CRY. Not this DmC. What's it to you guys now, hm?

Out with the old, in with the new?

HA! Refuse to believe that. Honestly, DmC looks friggin FANTASTIC. But you mean to tell me that no one here would like to see more of Old Dante's demon slaying adventures? Come on! Regardless of whether you guys believe that he's 'corny', 'cheesy', or etc., Dante is an ICON to the gaming industry. He always has been, and always will be. DMC was genre defining, and you're perfectly okay with DmC REPLACING it? That to me is depressing. Nothing is more depressing than that...

I just want the old series back. I miss it so much. Dante, Vergil, Trish, Lady, and yes, you too Nero...You guys were great. You can thank Capcom for giving us such awesome characters, but you CANNOT thank them for taking them away and replacing them. If we could somehow keep DmC AND DMC, I'd be a-okay. But that isn't the case here.

The case here, is that members would rather pick ONE over the OTHER. DmC, clearly being the winner of choice. Why? Because apparently NT knows how to handle a story without creating plot holes in the process. That IS true. They excel at story. That means we should give up what we became fans of? We should forget about DMC, and just treat it as something to go back to when looking to visit "Memory Lane"? No. F*** no. To anyone who would diss the old series and characters and praise DmC's, this does not amuse me.

DmC has taken elements from DMC and expanded upon them. A lot of the traits New Dante has have been borrowed from the original Dante. Face the facts. Now, what would a DMC5 be like?

Its just hilarious to see people approving of New Dante yet still hating Nero. They're honestly no different! Nero is more human, if anything. (Don't cry that he was emo, because he is not. Honestly doubt that anyone who failed to save their love would just be like, "Cool!" and move on showing no emotion.) DMC5 could easily take place after DMC4, featuring Dante as the main protagonist again, with Nero, Lady, and Trish being supporting characters. Hell, make them playable. Possibly feature the return of Vergil as well. Bring back Mundus. Show how living in the Underworld is like. Give more emphasis on Dante's past.

In my HONEST opinion...The new elements, concepts, and emphasis on Dante's past in DmC, COULD'VE BEEN DONE IN A SEQUEL FOR THE OLD DMC SERIES. "Abandon all hope"? That should be a theme on DMC Forums. There are only a SELECT few here that would enjoy seeing a DMC5, myself included. Yes, let's face it, DMC2 ~kind of~ screwed the series over. It doesn't have a place in the story (chronologically). But guess what? Capcom THEMSELVES wanted fans to forget about DMC2! They don't even want to acknowledge it! IMPLYING that DMC2 could NOT get in the way of the series! So please, do not use DMC2 as a poor excuse for no DMC5...

I'm just saddened. If DmC2 really does happen before DMC5, I will be really disappointed. So will others. There will just be more shyitstorms, but you know what? I'm actually sane. DMC, you will always stay alive in MY heart, even of Capcom doesn't want to continue you.

So f***ing true. Well said, man.
Look guys. To be honest with you. DmC is a good game and i'm looking forward it and supporting it since 2011. But just stop that BS. DmC will never be better than DMC. And anyway.. DmC should be the first and the last reboot for DMC. Nobody wants DmC2 over DMC5. Everybody wants DMC5.

Honestly if DmC2 and DMC5 will come out at the same time. I'll support DMC5, Sorry Ninja Theory.

rocketvergil

Vergil's apprentice, the successor to yamato
I'd want a DMC5 as a reboot of DMC 4
I believe that 4 really ****ed up the series. It introduced numerous plot holes, brought in 2 very useless and unplanned characters and turned Dante into an over muscular guy with no depth of character at all.
U might say that nero is great, But I think of him as a Dante wannabe, with no personality. All he can do is scream
and wail about Kyrie, who happens to be the worst character that I have seen on a video game. She is basically Nero's mute sex toy!!
I dont know if u people liked DMC 4 dante or not, but to me, he was an absolute let down. He looked stocky, made such weird movements and he had no depth of character. All he did was walk about with a bad ass grin and didn't show any emotions at all.

So if capcom can take care of these, I'd definitely want DMC 5, otherwise it's DmC 2 for me.

BTW These are just my views, I'm sorry if I have offended anyone.

m100t8s

^lolwut? I agree with you that "Nero" character idea was stupid and Kyrie was a dumb sex toy. But DMC4 Dante was the f***ing best along with DMC3 Dante. I want DMC5 with Old Dante as the main character after DMC4 events.

There's nothing i want more than Old Dante with his cheesy lines. And a Hack 'nd Slash game that uses the MT Framework engine.

rocketvergil

Vergil's apprentice, the successor to yamato
^lolwut? I agree with you that "Nero" character idea was stupid and Kyrie was a dumb sex toy. But DMC4 Dante was the f***ing best along with DMC3 Dante. I want DMC5 with Old Dante as the main character after DMC4 events.

There's nothing i want more than Old Dante with his cheesy lines. And a Hack 'nd Slash game that uses the MT Framework engine.
Dante 3 and 1 was the best
But I really hated Dante 4 then again these are just my views
I think that Dante 4 was just a badass character with no no depth in character.

Paexie

Too early for me to actually vote on this. I'm not sure what I can expect for DMC5 and I have no idea how DmC is going to turn out; it seems below 3 and 4, but a fun game.

I would like DMC5 but at the same time I don't want another rehash of 4... in the level layouts and story department that is.

Grey-Frog

I'm not sure... I mean like said before I don't know what DmC is going to be like so I don't know if I want more. Personally I kinda like Ninja Theory just making one game and then making another entirely different one.

As for Devil May Cry 5... also not sure. My biggest fear with DMC5 is that after all the complaints that DmC plays nothing like "a true DMC (read: DMC3 and 4)" that if they do make DMC5 it'll just be another rehash of DMC3.

What I will say is this: If they were announced tomorrow I'd be a lot more cautious and skeptic of a DMC5 right now than I'd be of a DmC2.

Top Bottom