• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

After DmC, you guys want a DmC2 or a DMC5

DmC2, DMC5, or something different

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sannyclaus

HO HO HO i dont see dmc 5 ever being made, besides nt has created a cool new universe for devil may cry that i would like to see more of :)

Zarathustra

The Forsaken Offspring of Heaven and Hell
Either give me Sparda's history, or give me DmC 2 with a CONSISTENT storyline. Cuz I hate to say it, but the DmC series is so convoluted, it may as make as much sense as Kingdom Hearts(as much as I love that game). The only difference is, the DmC series has no side games to connect everything together.

Dusk Stalker

" Everybody gets a bullet!" -Axton
THANK YOU.

Seriously, what bothers me the most is that everyone here acts like there's absolutely NO HOPE LEFT for the original series. Which is just ridiculous, to be quite frank. The foundation of this site was built upon THE ORIGINAL DEVIL MAY CRY. Not this DmC. What's it to you guys now, hm?

Out with the old, in with the new?

HA! Refuse to believe that. Honestly, DmC looks friggin FANTASTIC. But you mean to tell me that no one here would like to see more of Old Dante's demon slaying adventures? Come on! Regardless of whether you guys believe that he's 'corny', 'cheesy', or etc., Dante is an ICON to the gaming industry. He always has been, and always will be. DMC was genre defining, and you're perfectly okay with DmC REPLACING it? That to me is depressing. Nothing is more depressing than that...

I just want the old series back. I miss it so much. Dante, Vergil, Trish, Lady, and yes, you too Nero...You guys were great. You can thank Capcom for giving us such awesome characters, but you CANNOT thank them for taking them away and replacing them. If we could somehow keep DmC AND DMC, I'd be a-okay. But that isn't the case here.

The case here, is that members would rather pick ONE over the OTHER. DmC, clearly being the winner of choice. Why? Because apparently NT knows how to handle a story without creating plot holes in the process. That IS true. They excel at story. That means we should give up what we became fans of? We should forget about DMC, and just treat it as something to go back to when looking to visit "Memory Lane"? No. F*** no. To anyone who would diss the old series and characters and praise DmC's, this does not amuse me.

DmC has taken elements from DMC and expanded upon them. A lot of the traits New Dante has have been borrowed from the original Dante. Face the facts. Now, what would a DMC5 be like?

Its just hilarious to see people approving of New Dante yet still hating Nero. They're honestly no different! Nero is more human, if anything. (Don't cry that he was emo, because he is not. Honestly doubt that anyone who failed to save their love would just be like, "Cool!" and move on showing no emotion.) DMC5 could easily take place after DMC4, featuring Dante as the main protagonist again, with Nero, Lady, and Trish being supporting characters. Hell, make them playable. Possibly feature the return of Vergil as well. Bring back Mundus. Show how living in the Underworld is like. Give more emphasis on Dante's past.

In my HONEST opinion...The new elements, concepts, and emphasis on Dante's past in DmC, COULD'VE BEEN DONE IN A SEQUEL FOR THE OLD DMC SERIES. "Abandon all hope"? That should be a theme on DMC Forums. There are only a SELECT few here that would enjoy seeing a DMC5, myself included. Yes, let's face it, DMC2 ~kind of~ screwed the series over. It doesn't have a place in the story (chronologically). But guess what? Capcom THEMSELVES wanted fans to forget about DMC2! They don't even want to acknowledge it! IMPLYING that DMC2 could NOT get in the way of the series! So please, do not use DMC2 as a poor excuse for no DMC5...

I'm just saddened. If DmC2 really does happen before DMC5, I will be really disappointed. So will others. There will just be more shyitstorms, but you know what? I'm actually sane. DMC, you will always stay alive in MY heart, even if Capcom doesn't want to continue you.

Right their perfectly spoken, I may not like the new DmC but Its ridiculous to see the new fans and the old fans saying that the new one would cream all 4 of the old DMCs combined and the old DMC has met his day and we should be forced to accept the new one and that the old DMC can go suck it, and thats in comments that have been dotted in many sites.

I haven't given hope on DMC, I pray for a DMC 5, but I pray for a DMC about Sparda even more.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
whats with this thread anyway DmC hasnt even come out so why is everyone already assuming its sequel worthy? also nice to see that people are throwing old DMC under the bus. :I

Frazz

General gamer
Personally I say DmC2 cuz Capcom was running out of creativity by DMC4 imo. The enemies became generic as they all looked like gouls, I think the world NT has created is more interesting and I love the old games but I know we'd just be in more dull environments... the forest in DMC4 was ok but not interesting imo! I'd also like to see what NT would do next... knowing Capcom tho they are probably using DmC to drill up attention and a greater fanbase for DMC5. I think a DMC5 would be just like 4 and would bore me... I understand why others disagree but I still hold my opinion! :D

Slaythe

You guys don't seem to realize that, if the storyline gets closer to DMC 1 in terms of what is at stake, and the gameplay becomes deeper and more well rounded, the DmC series will eventually become the DMC series, but in a much better world, and with better story telling.

Dante won't always look like that in the DmC universe for instance, if it's just the somewhat more western looking characters, honestly look at RE 6, you know it was bound to happen in DMC 5 too.

YamatoWielder

Protector of Mankind
I actually love DmC, but having a DMC5 is a-ok. But good luck with Capcom for that because I dunno how they can handle the story and the gameplay mechanics. I'm sure they'll gonna use DMC3 & 4 but who knows. I want the original DMC universe to expand but with more consistency. Never depend on fan theories since they're as the same as badly written fanfiction.

I never voted for one or the other, because I want BOTH.

Devil Player

I'm going to be honest, both series ( DMC and DmC) could coexist, just like the classic Megaman series and Megaman X series...

They both share the same character, but in different universes. :)

The problem with the DMC ( and DmC) universe is that the story isn't long enough to justify sequels. The story begins with Sparda. Several years ago, he fought and sealed Mundus. 2000 years later, his son Dante must fight Mundus again, considering he wasn't actually killed by Sparda.

DMC 1 had a complete story, the game comes full circle. Dante sealed Mundus and he won't be able to come back for the next 2000 years or something like that. No sequel required. DMC 3 is the perfect prequel explaining Dante's persona and his previous actions. In the classic series, they could make a game explaining Sparda's origins and that's about it...Nothing else to cover.

Now, it seems that DmC is trying to fix things. I see Mundus being defeated ( maybe killed), but Vergil being saved for a sequel. At least, Vergil's true intentions may be explained in the future...:)

Zarathustra

whats with this thread anyway DmC hasnt even come out so why is everyone already assuming its sequel worthy? also nice to see that people are throwing old DMC under the bus. :I

See, it's negative and biased thinking like that that really sets me off with people, not just gamers. You know what? Here's something straight from me grandmother in the days before she passed on: "Opinions are like assholes. Everyone's got one. However, the smarter choice is best not to flash it around like everyone has to accept it." In other words, yes, I can accept that you and MANY other people are not too fond of the new DmC because it's not DMC 1, or 2, or 3, or 4, or whatever your excuse/reasoning is. But like I've tried to say to many people who get so hate-happy with this new game, or any other game related to a series in that fact: don't go around trying to ruin it for everyone else WHO IS excited about it. We haven't "thrown old DMC under the bus". We're just looking forward to what is potentially a new, FRESHER twist to the series.

So what if it's a reboot? So what if Dante's look changes? So WHAT if it's not the story or the game that you are so hard-set on loving and won't accept anything else? Big whoop. I'll be blunt when I say go cry about it somewhere else. As you can see, plenty of us up here LOVE DMC. We LOVE the first game. Not many of us like the second one, but we LOVE it all the same, cuz it's DMC! We take the good and the bad of EVERY game that we've played, and while there are some in a series that are the black sheep of the bunch, we can still APPRECIATE it, because it's PART of the series! One of the reasons why I'm looking forward to this DmC? The story! I will admit up front, the original series' plot as a whole is convoluted and confusing as hell! The only real links are DMC 3 to DMC 1. Heck, instead of saying this DmC is an alternate universe, I could say it's what LEADS to DMC 3. It would make A LOT of sense, would it not?

Now to be fair, other games I like such as the Kingdom Hearts series: its story is so elongated and convoluted and semi-confusing, simply because of how many games it has and it what order. However, that being said, it's BECAUSE of all of those games that I have knowledge of what is going on in its story, what's what, who's who, and where things are going, and how things may end. Some of the games were better than others, but as a whole, the series is FANTASTIC! Same can be said about Halo, or Final Fantasy. Definitely Megaman, cuz HE'S gone through SO MANY changes over the years, it's not even funny! But you know what? With each change, came a matching story and attachment to the characters that I will never forget, despite what universe they fall under. Why? Because when it comes right down to it, no matter how much the appearance changes, or the plot line, or the setting, or whatever, IT'S ALL THE SAME GAME THAT I KNOW AND LOVE IN THE END.

So if you wanna keep going ahead wasting your time and energy hating on "Donte" or "Cosplay Dante" or "Hot Topic Emo Boy" or whatever the f**k you guys keep calling him, go right ahead. Just know that just because you wanna hang on to your sour-puss opinion over something different? Over change which is inevitable in everything? That doesn't mean you can try to shift blame or point fingers and try to ruin it by subtly coming after the rest of us who are okay with it. Who still hold on to the true spirit of the fan base since day 1 of Game One of whatever series you wanna nitpick about.

Now if I were nitpicking? It'd be fighting games. Specifically ones like Street Fighter x Tekken, or Soul Calibur 5, or Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3. Why? Because one thing those games have in common, are mechanics or glitches that people can abuse in the game, in order to make their characters, or themselves broken, and able to laugh at you from behind the safety of their tv if you show even the slightest hint of getting mad over it. THOSE are games I can nitpick about because their changes were so drastically bad, that that's how I see them. Bad games. Not even certain characters or basic mechanics could save them from falling out of my radar.

....That's it.
I'm done ranting.

P.S: One more thing: don't bother knocking it until you've actually TRIED it! I don't mean the demo, either. Buy the game, play through AT LEAST half-way. If you can do that, and still don't like it, then here are your options:

If you bought it from GameStop:

1. Return it shortly after, exchange for store credit and buy a different game

2. Trade it in for a different game

If you bought it at Wal-Mart or Best Buy, there's only two options:

1. Sell it to someone you know who MIGHT actually want it for cheaper price

2. Sell it on Amazon/e-Bay

Simple as that!

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
See, it's negative and biased thinking like that that really sets me off with people, not just gamers. You know what? Here's something straight from me grandmother in the days before she passed on: "Opinions are like assholes. Everyone's got one. However, the smarter choice is best not to flash it around like everyone has to accept it." In other words, yes, I can accept that you and MANY other people are not too fond of the new DmC because it's not DMC 1, or 2, or 3, or 4, or whatever your excuse/reasoning is. But like I've tried to say to many people who get so hate-happy with this new game, or any other game related to a series in that fact: don't go around trying to ruin it for everyone else WHO IS excited about it. We haven't "thrown old DMC under the bus". We're just looking forward to what is potentially a new, FRESHER twist to the series.

So what if it's a reboot? So what if Dante's look changes? So WHAT if it's not the story or the game that you are so hard-set on loving and won't accept anything else? Big whoop. I'll be blunt when I say go cry about it somewhere else. As you can see, plenty of us up here LOVE DMC. We LOVE the first game. Not many of us like the second one, but we LOVE it all the same, cuz it's DMC! We take the good and the bad of EVERY game that we've played, and while there are some in a series that are the black sheep of the bunch, we can still APPRECIATE it, because it's PART of the series! One of the reasons why I'm looking forward to this DmC? The story! I will admit up front, the original series' plot as a whole is convoluted and confusing as hell! The only real links are DMC 3 to DMC 1. Heck, instead of saying this DmC is an alternate universe, I could say it's what LEADS to DMC 3. It would make A LOT of sense, would it not?

Now to be fair, other games I like such as the Kingdom Hearts series: its story is so elongated and convoluted and semi-confusing, simply because of how many games it has and it what order. However, that being said, it's BECAUSE of all of those games that I have knowledge of what is going on in its story, what's what, who's who, and where things are going, and how things may end. Some of the games were better than others, but as a whole, the series is FANTASTIC! Same can be said about Halo, or Final Fantasy. Definitely Megaman, cuz HE'S gone through SO MANY changes over the years, it's not even funny! But you know what? With each change, came a matching story and attachment to the characters that I will never forget, despite what universe they fall under. Why? Because when it comes right down to it, no matter how much the appearance changes, or the plot line, or the setting, or whatever, IT'S ALL THE SAME GAME THAT I KNOW AND LOVE IN THE END.

So if you wanna keep going ahead wasting your time and energy hating on "Donte" or "Cosplay Dante" or "Hot Topic Emo Boy" or whatever the f**k you guys keep calling him, go right ahead. Just know that just because you wanna hang on to your sour-puss opinion over something different? Over change which is inevitable in everything? That doesn't mean you can try to shift blame or point fingers and try to ruin it by subtly coming after the rest of us who are okay with it. Who still hold on to the true spirit of the fan base since day 1 of Game One of whatever series you wanna nitpick about.

Now if I were nitpicking? It'd be fighting games. Specifically ones like Street Fighter x Tekken, or Soul Calibur 5, or Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3. Why? Because one thing those games have in common, are mechanics or glitches that people can abuse in the game, in order to make their characters, or themselves broken, and able to laugh at you from behind the safety of their tv if you show even the slightest hint of getting mad over it. THOSE are games I can nitpick about because their changes were so drastically bad, that that's how I see them. Bad games. Not even certain characters or basic mechanics could save them from falling out of my radar.

....That's it.
I'm done ranting.
while i may not like the reboot the game hasnt even come out yet so i don't know why people are already talking about a sequel also i've seen many people like the reboot more and not want a new DMC game besides that i could care less about DmC as long as i get a DMC5 a GOOD sequel to 2 (because apparently im one of the few who think 2 didn't kill the franchise) im gonna be so happy when DmC comes out so that people can stop bitching ever which way about it we're all biased when it comes to both games already assuming things which i find sad and i'd love to continue this conversation with you cause i think it would be fun/interesting

Zarathustra

while i may not like the reboot the game hasnt even come out yet so i don't know why people are already talking about a sequel also i've seen many people like the reboot more and not want a new DMC game besides that i could care less about DmC as long as i get a DMC5 a GOOD sequel to 2 (because apparently im one of the few who think 2 didn't kill the franchise) im gonna be so happy when DmC comes out so that people can stop bitching ever which way about it we're all biased when it comes to both games already assuming things which i find sad and i'd love to continue this conversation with you cause i think it would be fun/interesting

Sure. Why not? Simple rules:

Keep it civil, don't bother trolling. Do that, and we'll have ourselves an intelligent discussion and get along swimmingly.

GF9000000Returns

I think they know that I meant to say "IF the game is good enough" which I think it will to put the original ones to shame...well maybe with the exception of DMC3.

Top Bottom