• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Your Gaming Failures.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Okay, after playing Crysis yesterday and failing in a pretty epic fashion several times, I'm inspired to make this thread.

Basically, what I want from you lot is ways in which you've committed some horrible epic fail, you know, the kind that's facepalm worthy, anger inducing or just down right idiotic on reflection.

To get the ball rolling, here's a few of my gems, starting from the most recent.

Crysis: My objective was to take out a number of Anti-Aircraft guns so I could call in an air strike, I had a rocket launcher to do that job, I only had one shot left in my current one and a seemingly unending box of new rocket launchers next to me, so here's what I do.

I fire off my last shot into the sky, still with rocket launcher in hand, I look down towards the crate next to me and move to pick up a new one.
Little did I know that those rockets were self tracking by the laser sight.

Laser tracked rocket + Laser at my feet + Box of rockets = Fail, and a pretty explosion.

Oh and two hours worth of gameplay gone because I forgot to save. >_<

Call of Duty 4:

Having friends over on a system link, all of them deciding to team up on you, all of them with x3 Grenades, it looked a little something like this.

ohshi-.jpg

And now, your turn!

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Today, I played Devil May Cry 4 on XBox 360, and played in Dante Must Die mode from Mission 10 to Mission 20. I struggled like hell to complete the mode, and my struggle paid off and now I have gotten the Super characters, but my ignorance made me forgot to save the whole thing...:( And now I must play it back from Mission 10 again. Another failure from me, and I am going to save next time every time I complete a mission...>_<

VeNGeD

Cut 'Em Up!
Premium
I was going to post this in the what are you playing thread, because I'm pretty ****ed off at this. It's more of a failure on EAs part...

Anyway, I have one achievement left to get from Skate 2 and it's for achieving Legend rank online. Which requires me to get about 2k XP from online matches. I have been gaining all my XP from the Hall of Meat game mode(that's the one were you have to try and fall on your ass the hardest). But there has been a lot of people using glitches in this game, after failed attempts to patch this EA have put on a system where if you pass a certain amount of points, you do not gain XP. Because the game assumes you have used the glitch, now I have gone about 3 games in a row where I win but I don't get any XP because my score is "too high". So to combat the glitches they can't be arsed to patch, they lower expectations of what their players can achieve.

This is really annoying, as I have to find out the limit of each individual level and try to stay below that and not go over the score limit if I want to gain XP. Don't get me wrong this is a really fun game online, but what a ****ty way to combat the people who use glitches to win.

I suppose this is a failure in the sense that this game mode scores you on how well you can fail... But if you want to be rewarded for your efforts you can't fail too much, otherwise the game will think you are a cheater give you nothing and kick you after the game.

EDIT: This is the glitch they are trying to get people not to use.

[youtube]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CVX-MYznqKs&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CVX-MYznqKs&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Fair enough, when people use this glitch the game detects that and dosn't allow them to gain XP. But if you do really well, the game thinks you had to use that glitch and you get nothing.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Extreme facepalm moment in Halo 3 today. I was just getting into a Troop Transport Warthog and the Scarab (during it's scripted walk-in sequence) stepped on me, just as the checkpoint saved. Meaning that every time it reloaded, I got stepped on. again and again and again and AGAIN until I finally decided it wasn't worth the effort and turned off the Xbox 360. Halo 3 HATES me... ;(

DeviRyuuD

Devilicious Devi
Failure was when i`ve been playing Divine Divinity for 10 hours straight and without saving, just to get killed by an orc in the end...

KRSkull

In Call of Duty 4

Running toward a Grenade and try to grab it and throw it back but insted pressing the Grenade button i keep pressing the knife button.

another one is Standing ontop of a car that is next to a burning car and try to kill someone by using the Dragon sniper.

Meg

oh gees, this thread was MADE for me. let's see...walking right of cliffs, firing RPGs at people that are right in front of me, button mashing the attack button while i'm to far away to hit anything, running right into a chair or something and wondering why i'm not moving forward.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Umm. i still can't beat Sanctus on Hard Mode (mission 20)

only about 10 of my 90 ps2 games have been completed (it's probably not even ten).
I'm stuck on Kameo (360), I can't beat the 1st boss battle of the up-to-date sonic the hedgehog. There's plenty more

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
Nightmare Train on Tekken 6. I got my butt handed to me on that level over and over and over and over and over..then I finally beat it after about 100 attempts but I could not celebrate as the level had already DESTROYED MY SOUL lol.

VeNGeD;195013 said:
I was going to post this in the what are you playing thread, because I'm pretty ****ed off at this. It's more of a failure on EAs part...

Anyway, I have one achievement left to get from Skate 2 and it's for achieving Legend rank online. Which requires me to get about 2k XP from online matches. I have been gaining all my XP from the Hall of Meat game mode(that's the one were you have to try and fall on your ass the hardest). But there has been a lot of people using glitches in this game, after failed attempts to patch this EA have put on a system where if you pass a certain amount of points, you do not gain XP. Because the game assumes you have used the glitch, now I have gone about 3 games in a row where I win but I don't get any XP because my score is "too high". So to combat the glitches they can't be arsed to patch, they lower expectations of what their players can achieve.

This is really annoying, as I have to find out the limit of each individual level and try to stay below that and not go over the score limit if I want to gain XP. Don't get me wrong this is a really fun game online, but what a ****ty way to combat the people who use glitches to win.

I suppose this is a failure in the sense that this game mode scores you on how well you can fail... But if you want to be rewarded for your efforts you can't fail too much, otherwise the game will think you are a cheater give you nothing and kick you after the game.

EDIT: This is the glitch they are trying to get people not to use.

[youtube]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CVX-MYznqKs&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CVX-MYznqKs&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Fair enough, when people use this glitch the game detects that and dosn't allow them to gain XP. But if you do really well, the game thinks you had to use that glitch and you get nothing.

That reminds me of when I could not do the 360 flip to a grind to an fs crooked challenge (the one with the fat guy who is just there to get in your way) in Skate 1. I just could not find a way to get the board high enough no matter what I did or how I did it. Eventually I accepted defeat. Maybe I will return to it one day (not bloody likley) But I can't complete the game until I get past that bit which is annoying.

Keaton

Premium
Hum, now, which of my many, many, MANY moments do I write about.
Ok. How about yesterday, playing Halo 3 against my brother, I had a Grenade Launcher and intended to shoot and explode him from that higher platform he was on. Fired two Grenades both missed/didn't effect him, so, I use the regular Grenades that have been sitting in my inventory for the best part of half-an-hour, throw one, throw the second. Confident in myself, little did I know that they both landed at MY feet.

Quite the WTF-Happened-There moments.

My brother had a similar moment, he was spamming the Sniper Rifle from an annoying cubby hole, he reloaded and I threw a grenade, his response was to do the same, however, due to his half-cover position it didn't go through the window as intended, but STUCK on the wall infront of him.

I laughed.

I'm sure more will be posted here soon enough ^^

Pantera Queen

Nice thread:)

My life has been full of many gaming epic failures that I could write a book. There ere a few games I couldn't complete beacause of it.

One failure I could tell ya though is that every time I try to face the final Vergil battle in DMC3 without infinite devil trigger on DMD mode ends up epic fail. It makes me so mad that I always throw the controller on the ground. He is impossible without the infinite devil trigger:dry: I've tried watching videos, but I can never try the techniques they use. Urrgh....!!!!!

Meg

yesterday i was playing the scenario campaign mode in tekken 6 and fell off a cliff every five seconds. it was really sad to watch.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
My recent epic gaming failures

Doing co-op with my brother in Gears of War 2, he got wounded and needed me to go revive him, so my player decided to do an awesome sideroll straight into a gate of razor beams and ended up bursting into a hundred gory pieces on screen. It was funny because it was the STUPIDEST thing ever (getting to know the controls and buttons is no excuse)

Playing DMC4. I FINALLY beat Blitz (I'm STILL on mission 13 people, how sad is that?) run through the portal, only to get my ass handed to me by the three assaults waiting. So, I play again, somehow I'm unable to defeat Blitz the second time around and I die. My third try I managed to kill him, kill the assaults, so I thought okay let me find my way back to the shrine so I can top up on my vital stars - go back through the portal, and GUESS WHO WAS WAITING FOR ME?! I thought I killed the pest! So... I died, again. My last attempt I tried to just run past Blitz and skip him all together, but the damn demon kept blocking my way and fried poor Dante's ass. I've given up for now. It's totally degrading because my dimwit brother disses DMC (only because he sucks worse than I do) and his annoying narration of my failed attempts is going to push me to go all Kung-Fu Panda on his butt.

I've got a lot of other gaming failures (one of them is running away from Dante when he wanted Yamato until he finally put me out of my pathetic panic state with a shot from Coyote-A) which inspired me to actually write a fic about it. Maybe that's why most of my oneshots on DMC are humour fics.

VeNGeD

Cut 'Em Up!
Premium
Currently playing Modern Warfare 2, a very common fail. I think everyone who plays this could admit to having done this once before.

So I was playing Domination on Underpass, I got a Predator missile pretty early on as they were all rushing to our control point. I used the predator and see like 6 red markers, thought to myself oh yes this is going to be great, pressed the right trigger to speed the missile up in case they started seperating and... I hit the ****ing bridge, there was a piece of broken concrete sticking out the end of one of the bridges. The missile hit it and I get a big fat 0 added to my kill count.

I felt like crying as if I just let the missile hit the targets slowly it would have got them all and I wouldn't have to worry about missing. But I had to be silly and press the trigger to speed it up, god damn it all.

Zato-OW

King
VeNGeD;195860 said:
Currently playing Modern Warfare 2, a very common fail. I think everyone who plays this could admit to having done this once before.

So I was playing Domination on Underpass, I got a Predator missile pretty early on as they were all rushing to our control point. I used the predator and see like 6 red markers, thought to myself oh yes this is going to be great, pressed the right trigger to speed the missile up in case they started seperating and... I hit the ****ing bridge, there was a piece of broken concrete sticking out the end of one of the bridges. The missile hit it and I get a big fat 0 added to my kill count.

I felt like crying as if I just let the missile hit the targets slowly it would have got them all and I wouldn't have to worry about missing. But I had to be silly and press the trigger to speed it up, god damn it all.

LOL this happened to me once hahaha. Man one time I hit my self with the predator because I wasn't paying attention. Check out this guy btw hes pretty cool. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBJKgpuCi4U

Meg

I've hit buildings with a predator. :) It was the first time I ever got one and I panicked.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
meg127;195911 said:
I've hit buildings with a predator. :) It was the first time I ever got one and I panicked.

I remember doing that...

Oh, here's another failure that happens all too often in Red Faction: Guerilla...

I was inside a building, playing wrecking crew mode, when I used my Tremor backpack. It makes a sonic wave that slowly crumbles buildings and explodes nearby hydrogen tanks. Little did I know that there was a tank RIGHT NEXT TO ME. It blew up, I went flying through the wall and died. I looked back at the replay and gave it a cool angle and made it look like an action movie scene. Had to make the best of it, right?

Keaton

Premium
Not sure if it's a gaming fail or a game fail.
In Assassins Creed II I was tailing a target and a stupid Bard decides to try and serenade me, so I scatter coins which usually distracts them. BUT for some reason a Guard gets knocked by one of the bystanders and declares an all out assault on me -- ending my 5 min slow walk forcing me to re-do. (After killing the guards >.<)

Top Bottom