• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Your Devil May Cry Movie plot

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
I wouldn't care to just see a repeat of the game's plot. Especially when the world of dmc has so much to explore.

You can still connect it to the main series with cameos and stuff.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@Ronin you could just draw inspiration from the bible, like the spec script that Jak posted on the first page.

@Blackquill so would you want a new lead in a spinoff or to focus on the cast we have just in new adventures?

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
@Z218
Either's fine with me.

Though here's a question (to everyone really). Would you rather have a live action movie or an animated movie?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@Blackquill
Live action in America would reach a bigger audience, Animation in america feels more niche as you tend to see the same few players in that arena.

EDIT- TBH I never saw DMC as impossible to work in live action as other fans did.

I dont really know if creating a new lead for a DMC movie series would be a good idea as people didnt take well to Nero or Alice from the RE movies.

Last edited:

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Thinking about it, I've always been interested in the history behind "Tony Redgrave". Didn't Kamiya say that he was a journalist that Dante respected and so used his name as an alias? He could be investigating the demons and comes across a younger Dante.

Or alternatively you could go the route of the non canon novel where an amnesiac Tony Redgrave (Dante) is discovering his heritage via the antagonistic Gilver. In fact an adaptation of that novel would probably be the safest bet to draw people in.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Reading Jak's script on the DMC movie, it felt like Sparda met Jesus and what made him turn against his kind for God and the human race.

I just wish people can see that.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Thinking about it, I've always been interested in the history behind "Tony Redgrave". Didn't Kamiya say that he was a journalist that Dante respected and so used his name as an alias? He could be investigating the demons and comes across a younger Dante.

Or alternatively you could go the route of the non canon novel where an amnesiac Tony Redgrave (Dante) is discovering his heritage via the antagonistic Gilver. In fact an adaptation of that novel would probably be the safest bet to draw people in.

There is a bunch of interesting story ideas, concept art, costumes etc in the artbooks that might be cool to reuse plus its a good PR tactic to get disgruntled/skeptical fans on your side.

On your idea itself, using the novel would be cool but it presents a different look at Dante/Vergil and their past that what came after DMC1 so i think you might have to shift things around in later stories to make it feel right. Using the novel as what happened a year before DMC3 would shift the characters and their struggles a lot.

Maybe have Dante pretend to be Tony's son Lucas ;) and use Tony's contacts in journalism to hunt demons might be a good way to go and a shout out to Bayonetta. Heck you could even have Tony be a relative of Eva who takes him in after she dies.

In the artbook, there was gonna be a different lead for DMC2 with a green jacket and the anime had a demon-human couple so maybe focusing on that potential character could be spinoff material.

Or just start with Nero and make him the audience surrogate like my dmc4 anime pitch.

Last edited:
Top Bottom