• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Your Devil May Cry Movie plot

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
If devil may cry was made into movie, how would you see it combined with DMC & DmC?

And for its costumes:
- Vergil's outfit with combo of DMC 3 & DmC
- Dante's DmC outfit and in the ending the Neo Dante with red coat

The plots gotta be something like the Matrix. Something to rival the Resident Evil live films.

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
I'd just go with DmC since it is kinda like a movie anyway. But more kickass scenes and expanded upon, that would do it for me.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
plot- dante and vergil are separated at a young age (6 or 7 maybe) and don't remember much about each other. after time passes vergil creates the order while dante is a young man who believes he has no purpose in life and does nothing but party. one day dante is invited to the order to find their father and former demon king's sword, sparda. dante accepts and the order journeys to hell to find it. they meet familiar characters while there while a lot of "red shirt" order dudes die just leaving dante, vergil, arkham and mary. they find the sword and arkham betrays them at the last second revealing that he was working for someone. dante and vergil defeat arkham and mary kills him. vergil then reveals his true intentions to rule both hell and earth. after dante rejects vergil's offer to share power, the two fight until vergil is defeated and then journeys deeper into hell accepting defeat. dante and mary (newly renamed lady) become demon hunting buddies and escape hell. lady narrates the outcome of what has happened a year after the events. dante finds a purpose in life, and that is demon hunting. he establishes the devil may cry and answers his first work related call in an after credits scene vergil is seen to be alive and sees mundus. he runs towards him until he hears his mother's voice behind him. (this teases the sequel)
the end
parents- in this continuity eva is a human and former devil hunter while sparda shared his power with his brother mundus. sparda eventually sympathized for humans and sealed away the demons from earth
weapons- dante uses the rebellion and vergil uses yamato. both are demon swords formaly owned by sparda himself disguised as man made weapons. when DT is activated the true forms of rebellion and yamato are revealed. dante's is hidden in his tattoo and vergil conceales his as a walking stick. ebony and ivory will be twin taurus raging judge magnums. vergil will have summoned swords that resemble the force edge
costumes- just use some of the unused concept arts for past DMC/DmC games. those are great anyways (still have no idea why they didn't make it into the games). but for dante, he pretty much wears what he does in DmC but his jacket is closer to one of the concept arts

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Dante and Vergil, twin brothers & sons of the demon Sparda & angel Eva. During the ages of 5, they were hunted and attacked by demon raiders led be the demon king and former friend & blood brother, Mundus.

Years passed, and both brothers were separated in different lives, when Sparda chose to wipe their memories to protect themselves and arming them with Rebellion & Yamato, two swords forged by the same material of his own sword Force Edge.

While Vergil lived a rich life and organized a force called "The Order" to fight the demon hordes that conquer the world, Dante lived a poor life trying to survive and fight the demons. Kat finds him at a club and warns him of the Hunter pursuing him. Luckily, he defeated him. Kat brings him to the Order reuniting with Vergil since their separation.

Regaining his memories of his true life by the memories of his old home, he joins the Order and is offered his own room to keep him healthy and strong. He even makes friends with a tech-genius named Tank, who is childhood friends with Kat.

Together Dante, Vergil, Kat & Tank fight the demons together by destroying Virility's succubus and Raptor News Network boss, Bob Barbas. He even got assisted by a demon wiseman named Phineas.

They were later betrayed by one of their own members of the Order (a character based on Cipher), revealed as a Drekavak, who's been giving out secrets to the demons and about Vergil.

The demons tried to capture Vergil alive in order to find out more of his plans against them, but took Kat instead. Dante tries to make a countertrade with Mundus for Kat and his child born from his mistress Lillith.

The trade went well, until Vergil purposely kills both her and the child, making Mundus furious.

Later, they venture into Mundus' lair and Dante faces off against his "uncle". But he was too strong, until Vergil broke the hellgate merging Limbo & earth revealing the truth of demons controlling mankind.

With Mundus destroyed, Phineas appears congratulating the brothers for their success. But Vergil reveals his true colors and his true goals in ruling mankind. Dante disappointed with his brothers ideals and realizing something what Phineas said to him during his mission in breaking into Barbas' tower. Dante refusing to join Vergil's dark cause, both fought it out.

In the end, Dante defeated him leaving Vergil hurt for being betrayed. But Vergil's last words were "I'll always love you, brother. Even if we must become enemies too. We're still family."

Dante doubts himself, but Kat and Tank remind him that he'll always be Dante, a son of Sparda destined to defend the world. Phineas also tells him, that he was born to do great things.

In the end, Dante decides to go to his old home and his companions travel with him. He decides to rebuild his old home into a place where demon hunting mercenaries like him can operate... like the Order. His journey... is just beginning.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I rather the movies be adventures that take place in between the games because these games take place decades apart so Dante must have had other jobs.

I would like to do a tv show that takes place in the ten years between 3 and 1 where Dante tries to figure how to be a hero and fight for others beside himself.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
What of the DmC plot? I didn't like how Lillith looked. Its gotta be something from DMC.

I Make The Devils Cry

Well, if you want something to rival the Resident Evil live action films, that'd be pretty easy, seeing as each time another one releases they stray further and further from an already dejected plot (which I still happen to love, even if I'm critical of).
Personally, it would make sense to have it tie into the idea of DmC: Devil May Cry rather the original four games, as the would come off more as action films, and even then so, they'd be better off if they were 80's-90's action flicks.
DmC is closer to the modern age in a number of ways, and the message of the story that humanity is corrupt, clean up your ways would suit a modern audience also. Given that there is also more depth the to DmC plot and characters, it would be much easier to work with, as long as Hollywood did not do what they usually do with video game movies, make it their own version, by not regarding the source material. Also, canon or non-canon would be fine with me, as long as it weren't a tie in to the game, but rather a continuation of the franchise.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Well, if you want something to rival the Resident Evil live action films, that'd be pretty easy, seeing as each time another one releases they stray further and further from an already dejected plot (which I still happen to love, even if I'm critical of).
Personally, it would make sense to have it tie into the idea of DmC: Devil May Cry rather the original four games, as the would come off more as action films, and even then so, they'd be better off if they were 80's-90's action flicks.
DmC is closer to the modern age in a number of ways, and the message of the story that humanity is corrupt, clean up your ways would suit a modern audience also. Given that there is also more depth the to DmC plot and characters, it would be much easier to work with, as long as Hollywood did not do what they usually do with video game movies, make it their own version, by not regarding the source material. Also, canon or non-canon would be fine with me, as long as it weren't a tie in to the game, but rather a continuation of the franchise.

That could work. But what about DmC becoming like... the Matrix?

Dante is Neo, Kat is Trinity, Vergil is half of Morpheus. They don't have other Order members to back the brothers up. So they can make new characters in the movie.

I Make The Devils Cry

Hmm...
Well, this is mine; feel free to comment your thoughts
Using their childhood through a prologue to show how they came to being like they where in DmC (such as showing Dante's time at orphanages, and Vergil's time with his family) and then having a little scene to show the aftermath of their battle, and a shortened version of what happened in Vergil's Downfall, probably the most important parts.
Then you begin with the proper story, where we see how Dante and Kat have moved on with their lives (if you want to have a nod to the classic fans make it they've opened a business called Devil May Cry, not what I'd do in the movie though).

Dante has been travelling around the world finishing off demons, saving places like that, but he's sort of like this person who does it from behind the scenes, not letting anyone know he is there (but we don't know this until later)

Kat is doing her thing back in the in the city where all of the game went down, when she is approached by someone, telling her that Dante died. Kat goes off searching for him to see if it really is true, and goes to a place where this stranger said Dante died. She gets there, and again we see the stranger (yes it's a bit obvious who it is, I know) who then kidnaps her.

We now go over to Dante who is finding more and more demons wherever he goes, and they've been getting stronger too. Late one night, while out fighting, Dante is approached by this same stranger. Who tells him the same news he told Kat, and gives him the same the same place to go to. Dante suspecting something is wrong still heads there anyway, because he is concerned about Kat.

Dante finally reaches there, and it's been turned into someplace hellish, with more demons, and they're stronger too. Anyway, sequence of battles, more battles and they lead to them figuring out, it's actually Vergil who set this up, who wanted to kill Dante so no-one could oppose him... shock horror D:

Leading to him in a final battle with Vergil, which will decide the fate of the world... and Kat. Big destructive battle between the two, but stuff goes wrong, and Kat has to sacrifice herself to save Dante and the world, and now Dante has to go on by himself now.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
What about a DmC movie where the plot is like the first DmC game, but in Matrix style and in the end, Dante and Kat go to his old home and plans on rebuilding it into a new base of operations for a new "Order".

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
I saw it! Its nice. Still would be nice for it Dante and Vergil to be nephilim and for Sparda to be known as a legend.

yeah. i agree. i'm writing a DMC script as well. mine is pretty much what i stated a few comments up

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
yeah. i agree. i'm writing a DMC script as well. mine is pretty much what i stated a few comments up

So are you gonna make a script that's like the Matrix? Including how Vergil explains the origins of the angels, demons, mankind (How God created Man until banished and how Jesus died for mankind's sins) and their parents lives to Dante?

Kind of like how Morpheus explained to Neo about the future.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
So are you gonna make a script that's like the Matrix? Including how Vergil explains the origins of the angels, demons, mankind (How God created Man until banished and how Jesus died for mankind's sins) and their parents lives to Dante?

Kind of like how Morpheus explained to Neo about the future.

i'll share it with you

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
i'll share it with you

Thanks. I hope I get to see some Christian influences in this one.

Here's what I would see it.
- Mundus is one of Lucifer; now Satan's generals
- Jesus' birth, death and resurrection inspired Sparda to fight for God's word and for the love of mankind.
- Nephilim were originally giants but now a new variety of nephilim are born in the modern age as hybrids of angel & demon.

Top Bottom