• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

you guys do realize this is not a reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
I've got a question. People are fighting over whether this game will be a prequel or a reboot. I personally hope its a prequel to DMC3 but that's not my point. My question lets say it is a reboot to the series, why are they rebooting a series that never gave us a proper ending. Dante is stuck in Hell, were pretty sure Nero is Virgil's son but still want to know and Virgil did he die or live? So why reboot DMC when it never ended in the first place?

Chrysander

Sparda's rejected son;294728 said:
I've got a question. People are fighting over whether this game will be a prequel or a reboot. I personally hope its a prequel to DMC3 but that's not my point. My question lets say it is a reboot to the series, why are they rebooting a series that never gave us a proper ending. Dante is stuck in Hell, were pretty sure Nero is Virgil's son but still want to know and Virgil did he die or live? So why reboot DMC when it never ended in the first place?

They want more sales, so they want to attract new fans. If they continued the story that means carrying on from a place that new-comers won't understand.

If you ask me though, the story was interesting in DMC1 and 3. DMC2 was wipe, and DMC4 made no sense and wasn't really connected with the rest of it, especially as Dante was relegated and Nero's story was non-existent.

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
Chrysander;294787 said:
They want more sales, so they want to attract new fans. If they continued the story that means carrying on from a place that new-comers won't understand.
ANNNNND thats my problem with the current state of the game industry. Wtf are we, the regular gamers? Chopped liver? I'm tired of this consistant "pleasing new-fans" bull****, and I was one who was in support of this trend earlier this generation. Its getting old now. Because of it, we have games are shorter now, games have little depth now, and games all seem to be prequels all for the sake of pleasing the "new fans" more now than any other gaming generation. Street Fighter IV, Blazblue, and Bayonetta proves that you can make games for the "new-fans" as well as the regular gamers.

But I'm at the point where if this continues...I will not buy games no more, I'll just use an...alternative approach to play games and keep my damn money...lest it goes to this new evil. If the industry has to crash like it did back in the day to prove the point that something is seriously wrong with the current state of the industry then so be it.

Chrysander

I think there are still some developers who make games for the art of it, and for the hardcore, not for sales. They are just in the minority unfortunately. It's a problem with games becoming more "mainstream", inferior players are getting hold of them, generating sales, therefore the games are tailored for their slushy pathetic minds. It really irritates me, so I just stick with Godhand.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
If there doing this reboot or prequel or whatever this for sales and to catch the eye of new gamers that I can understand. The way the economy is a major factor in it all. Plus since the Wii came out every game that is made is made to be played and understood by everyone of all ages which is good but to us hardcore, old school gamers its destroying the figures in gaming history that stole are heart. Poor Dante, did you get out of Hell DID YOU?! =( The world may never know...

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
Chrysander;294800 said:
I think there are still some developers who make games for the art of it, and for the hardcore, not for sales. They are just in the minority unfortunately. It's a problem with games becoming more "mainstream", inferior players are getting hold of them, generating sales, therefore the games are tailored for their slushy pathetic minds. It really irritates me, so I just stick with Godhand.
Its funny. Games nowadays are made for non-gamers and not gamers. Wii abandoned the regular gamers and it seems Microsoft is REAAALLLY pushing the Kinect hard, much to the chagrin of XBOX 360 owners. Sigh...a pathetic state of affairs.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
As a fan of the series i have to admit that the series needed a reboot simply because capcom had no idea of what to do with the series and it had no direction. A better attempt at giving the series direction would have been to fill the 10 year gap between DMC3-DMC1. But that was shot to **** with the introduction of Nero

Asmodaius

Chrysander;294885 said:
Kinect is going to be a ball sack

I don't mind ball sacks personally, but if you mean that Kinect is sucky, then yes, it is. It doesn't work as well as they predicted it would and it has some major bugs, e.g. you have to be in a well-lit room for it to even register you are using it, so unless you got a spotlight in your room, forget about playing after the sun has set.

I don't think DmC is going to make use of Kinect though... I hope not. I find it best to use a controller for these sort of games and I am mostly gaming at night time. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom