• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

You Gotta Be Kidding Me : RE6 Demo Announced , Still No News On DmC !!!!!

ZeroLove

It's understandable, though. He's stated to be around 18 years old, maybe a tad older. He's not as mature. And honestly, if you had fought through that much hell to get your girl back only to have her snatched away, wouldn't you get ****ed?

I would, because I am me. If I was a character in a videogame who could wield a freaking huge sword and gun and had demonic powers, well... that would be a whole other case.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I would, because I am me. If I was a character in a videogame who could wield a freaking huge sword and gun and had demonic powers, well... that would be a whole other case.

You have to at least give Capcom props for making him more realistic than most video game characters.

ZeroLove

You have to at least give Capcom props for making him more realistic than most video game characters.

If by realistic you mean being a whining crybaby, then yeah. However, to me he is still just seeming like an annoying teenage brat who is emotionally unstable. Dante might have daddy and mommy issues, but he fights through them and uses his energy in a constructive way. The whole damsel in distress romance story of Devil May Cry 4 never really caught my interest.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
If by realistic you mean being a whining crybaby, then yeah. However, to me he is still just seeming like an annoying teenage brat who is emotionally unstable. Dante might have daddy and mommy issues, but he fights through them and uses his energy in a constructive way. The whole damsel in distress romance story of Devil May Cry 4 never really caught my interest.

I think people harp on Nero for letting his emotions run freely instead of keeping them inside. It's actually healthier physically to cry and perform other emotional actions.

ZeroLove

I think people harp on Nero for letting his emotions run freely instead of keeping them inside. It's actually healthier physically to cry and perform other emotional actions.

Healthier, maybe, but not cool for an action-hero character. I just can't take him seriously.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Healthier, maybe, but not cool for an action-hero character. I just can't take him seriously.

I suppose it's a matter of preference. I find it realistic that an 18 year old would cry. People might not admit it, but they're at their most emotionally unstable between 16 and 20.

ZeroLove

I suppose it's a matter of preference. I find it realistic that an 18 year old would cry. People might not admit it, but they're at their most emotionally unstable between 16 and 20.

It's not really if it is realistic or not. I just don't want my hero to weep about his girlfriend being kidnapped. Then it doesn't matter if he is 8 or 8o years old.

ZeroLove

Dante cried like a baby in 3, and then he lied about it, just like a little brat

Yeah, I hated that. A moment of weakness.
It's not that I am against crying or showing emotions/weaknesses, but there's a better way to show it than just make the characters weep like that. For example, in Devil May Cry 3, Dante could have silently shed a tear for his brother as a symbol of his love for his brother and then NOT deny it as it were. That would have sent an alot stronger message. There's no shame in having emotions, but there's a difference in showing emotions and being emotional. Usually, the Japanese don't know the difference, especially not in their games or animé.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
I guess it's easy to talk about crying when you've not experienced what Dante did in DMC 3 ending.

"He's crying because he lost his brother" - what a brat.
What a drama queen.

That is who Dante is. He sheds tear for his brother.

But mark my word: when NT's Dante cries everyone will go "OMG what a nice guy".
And "Omg so clear - i could see his tear shiny!".

I didn't even see a single tear because that's how little work they had put on the story.
But i registered the situation as Dante being sad about his brother.

"You don't like Dante much, therefor you prefer a other version of him. Were you ever a fan?"

RedGrave

The title of the game is Devil May Cry for a reason.

Dante tearing up is just part of the game..ever since DMC1, with a meaning that Devils may actually cry and aren't all cold hearted, he also said that "Devils never cry" at the end of part 3, when in fact they do. Thats the point of the title.

what I don't know is why so many of you are whining about it...putting it simply, its part of the Damn story. Get used to it.

ZeroLove

I guess it's easy to talk about crying when you've not experienced what Dante did in DMC 3 ending.

"He's crying because he lost his brother" - what a brat.
What a drama queen.

That is who Dante is. He sheds tear for his brother.

But mark my word: when NT's Dante cries everyone will go "OMG what a nice guy".
And "Omg so clear - i could see his tear shiny!".

I didn't even see a single tear because that's how little work they had put on the story.
But i registered the situation as Dante being sad about his brother.

"You don't like Dante much, therefor you prefer a other version of him. Were you ever a fan?"

Really, CoolDemon, you sound just like a fanboy. XD
"Don't talk bad about my Dante!" ;)

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
My loyalty to DMC only goes about arms length. I play DMC for gameplay and that is what makes me a fan. I came to this forum to get informed about the world of DMC, which also makes me a fan. My favorite Dante is 1 and 2. The rest just came off as annoying. I'm very pleased to see that NeoDante might have something interesting to talk about. Everything isn't always so cut and dry, black and white, if you will. I still prefer OrigiDante over NeoDante and thats because i have nothing else to go on about NeoDante. But that doesn't mean i have to choose one over the other.
I like them both but obviously i like OrigiDante more because i am more familiar with him and i enjoyed the gameplay and his fighting style. Every game in the series has a different Dante, so you are kinda forced to like his different personalities, or like you said, you have to like either DMC1 Dante, who is cool headed all the time while having a good time, very mature. Or dmc2 Dante, where he is at his strongest, and from my eyes, he doesnt need to say a word anymore because he is the legend now. Or dmc3 and 4 dante who is very arrogant and can't take anything seriously.
so who's your favorite dante?

ZeroLove

My loyalty to DMC only goes about arms length. I play DMC for gameplay and that is what makes me a fan. I came to this forum to get informed about the world of DMC, which also makes me a fan. My favorite Dante is 1 and 2. The rest just came off as annoying. I'm very pleased to see that NeoDante might have something interesting to talk about. Everything isn't always so cut and dry, black and white, if you will. I still prefer OrigiDante over NeoDante and thats because i have nothing else to go on about NeoDante. But that doesn't mean i have to choose one over the other.
I like them both but obviously i like OrigiDante more because i am more familiar with him and i enjoyed the gameplay and his fighting style. Every game in the series has a different Dante, so you are kinda forced to like his different personalities, or like you said, you have to like either DMC1 Dante, who is cool headed all the time while having a good time, very mature. Or dmc2 Dante, where he is at his strongest, and from my eyes, he doesnt need to say a word anymore because he is the legend now. Or dmc3 and 4 dante who is very arrogant and can't take anything seriously.
so who's your favorite dante?

Very well said. ^^
My favourite Dante must be from Devil May Cry 3, both in looks and attitude. He's a joker and I think that makes it a fun experience to play through the game. He's not always serious or cool, he can be cheesy and sometimes straight up goofy and I think that's fantastic! But just because I like DMC3 Dante the best doesn't mean I don't like him in the other games.
I would also like to note that I prefer the gameplay of Devil May Cry 3 over that of the other games, because of its versatility and multiple choices where the gameplay in the other games have been very straightforward and, imo, boring.

It's logical because RE is greater source of profit than DMC.

They shouldn't hurry with the release of DmC IMO, maybe they are just taking time to make it right.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
Really, CoolDemon, you sound just like a fanboy. XD
"Don't talk bad about my Dante!" ;)
Have i denied i am not a fan of Dante?

And you sound just like someone who does not like Dante's character, but when NT's Dante character is more suiteable for your taste you go "Wow i am a Dante fan!".

Would you mind not doing that anymore...?
Why do you mind?

Top Bottom