• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Y'know what? I can't accept this.

AlastorSword

“Must not sleep... must warn others."
dmc4_dante_by_fubuki_arts-d5tfyi1.png

He is wearing leather assless chaps, a belt buckle as big as his head, and red cowboy boot covers. This isn't cool. It's freaking laughable and stupid lol.

Seriously, how is that cool? Come on. It looks completely ridiculous and this is a series that's supposed to be obsessed with style.

Dante has a very bad sense of style because this is just horrible. Like anyone in their right mind would think this is stylish. You must be a riot if you do. :laugh:

I would have preferred this at least.
DMC4-Old-Trailer.jpg
I like DMC4 Dante and I think the outfit's fine except for those ridiculous chaps and boots. I mean WTF! He looks like a Texan Final Fantasy cosplayer because of that. God almighty it's so weird to see him wearing such unnecessary bottoms. Nothing beats this Dante appearance in my opinion.
218711.jpg

I would hope that if they make a DMC5, they make something close to this. He's so clean cut and stylish here! He looks like he's ready to **** on the front gates of hell and jam his gun up Satan's candy arse. Out of the 4,... no actually out of the 5, DMC 1 and 2 had the best designs hands f***ing down! The on in DMC3 was awesome too but mostly because it fit his punk like nature. But DMC4 Dante doesn't have an excuse I'm afraid.

SugarMoon

It's One on One.
As far as design goes, DMC2 Dante's was the best imo. That design was just sexy.

Never had a problem with his design in DMC4 though. It wasn't my favorite one but I don't hate it lol.

DmC Dante's design just looked a little too plain for me.

AlastorSword

As far as design goes, DMC2 Dante's was the best imo. That design was just sexy.

Never had a problem with his design in DMC4 though. It wasn't my favorite one but I don't hate it lol.

DmC Dante's design just looked a little too plain for me.
I agre DMC2 Dante was just plain awesome in design. Like I said, my only problem with DMC4 Dante are the pants and boots. People lose their heads because it's a bit over accessorized but who care it looks cool in my book.

For some reason the biggest thing that bugs me about reDante's design is that his tank top looks like something he washed in a sewer line then laid out to air dry. His coat is also really generic and lacks color imo. He's got skinny jeans and boots. So no real comment there. He looks like a normal person and that kinda hurts the character image he's trying to emulate honestly. But meh, whatever :meh:

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Whether it's a counter or not doesn't matter to me. Obviously, he isn't going to say it out of the blue. Anyway, he still sounded like a douche who tried too hard to be cool. His entire way of moving and speaking annoys me - he thinks he's got swag, when in fact he's just an ass.

And I think he 'f*ck you' once when confronting Poison (who says it twice), once he writes it on a guest list, once he flips Barbas off, once an erotic dancer says it to him, you know... it doesn't even matter if it's only Dante who says it, it's how many times in general, and it's just poor writing. It's not even funny, either; wasn't funny the first time, and didn't get any funnier the fourth or fifth time around.

Well y'know, despite your opinions, you have a very short-sighted view of things if you can't get past the way someone acts just to see how they're actually characterized. You're selling your opinion short, essentially, because you would rather get hung up on someone saying "f#ck" like a normal, angry person, instead of seeing everything that's beyond it.

Hell, I didn't really care for Dante's cussing in the beginning, but as I learned more about his character from info released, and then the story itself, I understood it, quite well.

To think the writing is bad simply because it uses some naughty words is short-sighted, and especially so to think that Dante is a bad character because he swears.

But, whatever.

He looks like a normal person and that kinda hurts the character image he's trying to emulate honestly. But meh, whatever :meh:

That was the whole point, actually >.< They weren't trying to emulate the classic, flamboyant Dante. They were trying to make someone who looks inconspicuous, a type of "hero character" that doesn't have some sort of iconic costume.

AlastorSword

Well y'know, despite your opinions, you have a very short-sighted view of things if you can't get past the way someone acts just to see how they're actually characterized. You're selling your opinion short, essentially, because you would rather get hung up on someone saying "f#ck" like a normal, angry person, instead of seeing everything that's beyond it.

Hell, I didn't really care for Dante's cussing in the beginning, but as I learned more about his character from info released, and then the story itself, I understood it, quite well.

To think the writing is bad simply because it uses some naughty words is short-sighted, and especially so to think that Dante is a bad character because he swears.

But, whatever.

That was the whole point, actually >.< They weren't trying to emulate the classic, flamboyant Dante. They were trying to make someone who looks inconspicuous, a type of "hero character" that doesn't have some sort of iconic costume.
I'm well aware he was "meant" to be unobtrusive and unengagged however that doesn't mean it worked or that I liked it either.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
And I think he 'f*ck you' once when confronting Poison (who says it twice), once he writes it on a guest list, once he flips Barbas off, once an erotic dancer says it to him, you know... it doesn't even matter if it's only Dante who says it, it's how many times in general, and it's just poor writing. It's not even funny, either; wasn't funny the first time, and didn't get any funnier the fourth or fifth time around.

I think it's very insulting that some of you call *every single DMC fan* a weaboo (what a crap word). I liked old Dante because, well, he looked cool. He didn't look like a drughead who went to the wrong barber and shat all over his clothes. Just my opinion, though. I really dislike characters who have to verbalize and act like neanderthals about how tough they are instead of showing it through their actions, as well as actually saying clever things like old Dante sometimes did.

You do know Devil May Cry has NEVER had strong writing. Plus, you're acting like this game has swears every other word. It really isn't that bad. I can name dozens of other games, anime, whatever that has way more swearing and bad words than DmC ever will.

Plus, you're a big boy now I'm sure. I'm betting you also swear. You aren't a stranger to it. It's also a M rated game.

Plus the word weeaboo exist because anime fans can be totally ****tarded and you know the ones I'm talking about.

And I see nothing wrong with Dante's haircut. It's a normal freaking haircut. He's got a fauxhawk thing going on and it's pretty cool. I've gotten my hair cut in a similar way before. Didn't think it was considered a drughead look. I don't think I look like one either.

1150183_433134946796858_1291558761_n.jpg

I don't know, you tell me.

AlastorSword

Even in 2013 he is cool. Dante FTW!
dante-dmcrender3.jpg

capcom made a huge mistake. Even with development issues that Dante have had, he is still a very popular video game character.
The man of legend right here. Known for his love of pizza, beer and taking his own sword to the chest. "Sword? Haha, time to go to work guys!" *pulls out Ivory and Ebony.
DMC1_Dante_Art.png

AlastorSword

I terms of design DMC2 Dante is awesome but the game it self is....well....Ya know. Besides that I love DMC1 Dante's design. I always use his costume in DMC3.
I secretly kinda like DMC2....

Yeah DMC1 Design is quite awesome. I love using it in all three games actually. I really would have liked to see it in DMC4 though. Maybe as a mod even :(

SugarMoon

It's One on One.
I secretly kinda like DMC2....

Yeah DMC1 Design is quite awesome. I love using it in all three games actually. I really would have liked to see it in DMC4 though. Maybe as a mod even :(
DMC2 outfit on DMC4 Dante...that would be so awesome.

Why didn't they have that option before? *sighs*

Wow, talking about this makes me want to play DMC2 right now .____.

Let me see if I can find it tonight. I might go ahead and give it another go just for the heck of it.

AlastorSword

DMC2 outfit on DMC4 Dante...that would be so awesome.

Why didn't they have that option before? *sighs*

Wow, talking about this makes me want to play DMC2 right now .____.

Let me see if I can find it tonight. I might go ahead and give it another go just for the heck of it.
Oh? Didn't know I had that effect on people lol. I say go for it if you can find it. My PS3 needs replacing so I wont be playing it for a while, so do it for the both of us!

Caiden

I might give DMC2 another go. Every time I play it I get an urge to just play 3 or 4 so I have never gotten around to finishing it. I might have to throw out all of my other DMC games to finish it (I would never do that).

AlastorSword

I might give DMC2 another go. Every time I play it I get an urge to just play 3 or 4 so I have never gotten around to finishing it. I might have to throw out all of my other DMC games to finish it (I would never do that).
o_O Yeah don't do that lol. DMC2 can wait if you're not in the mood. I like it but I still consider it the worse of the 4. What helped me finish it is remembering that if I beat DMD mode, you unlock Trish with all of DMC1 Dante's game play and whatnot.

Top Bottom