• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Y'know what? I can't accept this.

Bazilican

Beer and big tits all around! XD
I think the whole point was that people shouldn't care that he's a **** sometimes. So is Tameem, and I don't see anyone going ''let's not buy DmC as some sort of misplaced statement''. I think people are more interested in whether he makes good games or not.
Puck_Seriously.gif

Now you're just being silly.

Is this suppose to make me feel better?

"Oh I told you to f*ck off, but hey, at least I'll put my characters into the same game as your favorite character!"

That's so scraping at the bottom of the barrel, it's a bit sad. No matter how much games he tries to smother into my face, that's not going to cover the fact that he's still very unprofessional.

and like Bazilican said; he's still quite the asshole.

What do you expect from an unprofessional dude?

IncarnatedDemon

Showing me a link of him trying to win back a fanbase he just obviously patronized and told to f*ck off is obviously you trying to have us believe that Kamiya's a shinning star. And if people are so willfully able to accept him again, and pretend all is forgiven just like that, then that says a lot about the fanbase he's catering to.

Not even making fun of you or anything, but that's just pathetic that people are so quick to forgive what he says simply because he makes games they love.
The link was intended for Berto. Get over yourself...

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
Like I said, I see that article IncarnatedDemon posted as proof that he does not hate those people, he just got angry because of all the unnecessary questions on Twitter. If I got so much spam all the time, I'd get ticked off too.

Besides, how is telling Smash Bros fans to 'f off' the same as telling all fans of Nintendo to f off? People get angry - I don't think you're not allowed to get angry on social media. Unprofessional? Maybe, if Twitter is strictly professional. But anyway, this debate has gone on for too long now. Seriously, the fact that he gets mad, above all just tells me he's a human being.

And Bazilican, yeah I see your point, but I don't think people decided not to buy DmC just because Tameem said some things people could take offense to. I'm guessing they didn't buy DmC because they weren't interested in it, or didn't want to support the reboot itself.

Last edited:

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
The fact that this is how Kamiya responds, I'm not convinced that he's an all around good guy or a good game developer. Why must I suddenly forgive Kamiya just because he decides to say he'd like to work with Nintendo characters? He may make loved games, but from the things I've seen and the things he's said, he's not a relable person.

berto

I Saw the Devil
The fact that this is how Kamiya responds,
Since there are a few who defended Tameen I guess I'll defend Kamiya.

For all the posts that he's made telling people to p!ss off he's said dozens of times before that to those same people that he didn't want to hear about DmC, to stop asking him to do something about it because he can't and so at some point of not been heard he escalated his response from 'stop asking' or 'stop telling me of it' to just 'f@ck off.' So, after all that talk of not wanting to hear of it comes some innocent bystander thinking he did want to hear of it and shows him a DmC related pick and gets the standard response to those posts. Since i know I wouldn't have much patience for it I know I would've snap a lot sooner than that.

I'm not convinced that he's an all around good guy or a good game developer.
I've never met him so I can't say much about him as a person, since internet behavior is hardly representative of a person, but as a developer if you don't like his games than there is you're answer. As for me, I've played most of his game an liked all of them so I am.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
Alright, so now getting angry at people for posting stupid questions on Twitter, possibly flooding the account, makes you an unreliable person or 'not an all-around good guy'? I'm sorry, but not only is that judgmental (since you don't have any clue of what that person is like in private), it's also really vague. Rethink your views on people and life, guys, before you somehow snap at somebody for acting like a human being. I know some of you would get ticked off much sooner than Kamiya would - no offense intended. That's just how people can be. I think I'd get p*ssed off sooner than Kamiya.

Aside from that, how do you know he doesn't have an anger issue? You'd be criticizing Kamiya for a mental issue right now. Great job. I can't believe this is even still a topic.

Last edited:

IncarnatedDemon

He actually told people who wanted Starfox by PG, to f off too

DragonMaster2010

Alright, so now getting angry at people for posting stupid questions on Twitter, possibly flooding the account, makes you an unreliable person or 'not an all-around good guy'? I'm sorry, but not only is that judgmental (since you don't have any clue of what that person is like in private), it's also really vague. Rethink your views on people and life, guys, before you somehow snap at somebody for acting like a human being. I know some of you would get ticked off much sooner than Kamiya would - no offense intended. That's just how people can be. I think I'd get p*ssed off sooner than Kamiya.

Aside from that, how do you know he doesn't have an anger issue? You'd be criticizing Kamiya for a mental issue right now. Great job. I can't believe this is even still a topic.
First of all dont get all p*ssed off at me just because I see him in a way you dont agree with. This is just how I see him and you can either accept the fact that we have a difference of opinion or this'll just keep going on and on.

Since there are a few who defended Tameen I guess I'll defend Kamiya.

For all the posts that he's made telling people to p!ss off he's said dozens of times before that to those same people that he didn't want to hear about DmC, to stop asking him to do something about it because he can't and so at some point of not been heard he escalated his response from 'stop asking' or 'stop telling me of it' to just 'f@ck off.' So, after all that talk of not wanting to hear of it comes some innocent bystander thinking he did want to hear of it and shows him a DmC related pick and gets the standard response to those posts. Since i know I wouldn't have much patience for it I know I would've snap a lot sooner than that.

That may be the case, but again its still unprofessional to resort to swearing. Kamiya could've handled that a lot better then that. If Tameen had said something like what Kamiya did like swearing at someone, I would more then easily call that unprofessional of him.

No matter how its sliced, it was unprofessional and pretty immature.

I've never met him so I can't say much about him as a person, since internet behavior is hardly representative of a person, but as a developer if you don't like his games than there is you're answer. As for me, I've played most of his game an liked all of them so I am.

Good for you. Have fun playing his games.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
First of all dont get all p*ssed off at me just because I see him in a way you dont agree with. This is just how I see him and you can either accept the fact that we have a difference of opinion or this'll just keep going on and on.

I wasn't responding to you, so I wasn't looking for a response. I just posted how I feel about this.

I personally don't see how somebody getting angry at people for spamming his Twitter and posting stupid questions makes him a 'bad person' or an unreliable one. I don't see the logic in that. I think we all get angry at times (as evidenced by you and me), so I think it's very odd that we're sitting here criticizing a guy who might just get less angry than us. You don't even know the guy personally, and you're passing judgment on him? ****in hell, I must be the worst person in the world if I get angry because of what you're saying. Guess what, I'm angry, folks! Now I'm a terrible person all of a sudden.

If you don't want ''this to go on and on'', just don't respond. I know I won't again. This whole thing is a ridiculous topic. Saying you won't buy games from somebody who is annoyed by certain people or gets angry with individuals on Twitter... man. We must have too much time on our hands.

Last edited:

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
And if people are so willfully able to accept him again, and pretend all is forgiven just like that, then that says a lot about the fanbase he's catering to.
More than they're willing to admit, my friend... more than they'll ever admit.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit:

Tameem says he "doesn't care" to DMC fans: jackass

Kamiya outright tells people to "**** off": understandable

Double standard? Double standard.

Pretty much goes for this entire DmC situation -- it's just one huge ongoing double standard.

DragonMaster2010

I wasn't responding to you, so I wasn't looking for a response. I just posted how I feel about this.

I personally don't see how somebody getting angry at people for spamming his Twitter and posting stupid questions makes him a 'bad person' or an unreliable one. I don't see the logic in that. I think we all get angry at times (as evidenced by you and me), so I think it's very odd that we're sitting here criticizing a guy who might just get less angry than us. You don't even know the guy personally, and you're passing judgment on him? ****in hell, I must be the worst person in the world if I get angry because of what you're saying. Guess what, I'm angry, folks! Now I'm a terrible person all of a sudden.

If you don't want ''this to go on and on'', just don't respond. I know I won't again.
Its not because he got mad. Its the words he used to express his anger. the "f*ck off" comment. He didnt need to resort to saying that. He could've handle that better.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
Its not because he got mad. Its the words he used to express his anger. the "f*ck off" comment. He didnt need to resort to saying that. He could've handle that better.

Alright, that's fair. So he's a very flawed individual. I know I am as well - but that doesn't make me a bad person per se. Eh, anyway, it's probably time for a different subject.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
More than they're willing to admit, my friend... more than they'll ever admit.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit:

Tameem says he "doesn't care" to DMC fans: jackass

Kamiya outright tells people to "**** off": understandable

Double standard? Double standard.

Pretty much goes for this entire DmC situation -- it's just one huge ongoing double standard.
I'm gonna give my two cents about it too and this isn't even about video games or whatever. It's just about people.

The NT guy was berated every single day for just doing his job and it was FANS WHO CAST THE FIRST STONE. Because rabid fanboys are stupid and this is just a normal thing. Sure he gave back some snarky replies but, I can't blame the guy. Who says that this guy has to just sit there and take all your sh!t which in fact he did as well. There was a lot of times where he just let it be and just ignored it. He's still just another guy though at the end of the day and if someone constantly insulted you, would you just sit there? I'm not saying he can't be an asshole too but, seriously fanboys are freaking ridiculous.

Kamiya on the other hand has proved again and again that he's just an arrogant and obnoxious a$$hole in general. He tells fans off unprovoked. He whines like a little b!tch when fans are interested in a project he's working on. Man, do I really need to go through a list?

I don't care if you hate DmC. Just wake the f@ck up and see that the guy you f#cking worship who was also only responsible for 1 game in this series mind you (and to mention not even the game most of you define the series as a whole on) is just an obnoxious pr!ck. Nothing more, nothing less.

Kamiya deserves to be punched in the face and I would do it if given the chance. Sure I love some of the things he has worked on but I do not like him. From what I've seen, I hate the f#cker.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Kamiya is the kind of person that my opinion is, I like your work but, I don't like you.

I feel the same way about such people as Orson Scott Card which UGH, HE'S THE IGNORANT MAYOR OF DOUCHETOWN.

For those who don't know, Orson Scott Card wrote Ender's Game which I find to be a great sci fi story. Loved it when I read it as a kid. However, the author is a ignorant homophobic a$$hole who funds anti-gay propaganda and all that stupid sh!t. I SERIOUSLY HATE this guy.

Say the same for H.P. Lovecraft from what I know. I LOVE LOVECRAFT'S STORIES.
I can read them any time. They are fantastic. However, I don't think I'd like Lovecraft as a person because he was racist.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Kamiya deserves to be punched in the face and I would do it if given the chance.
You and me both, pal.
8b9ea4ddc3de6fefcccf2efa4f674c99.gif

Sure I love some of the things he has worked on but I do not like him. From what I've seen, I hate the f#cker.
Just give him a chance, Chancey... just give the poor guy a chance. :'(
Kamiya is the kind of person that my opinion is, I like your work but, I don't like you.
Understandable. I feel that way about a few famous people myself.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
Nobody ever said they worshiped Kamiya. Nobody ever said Tameem was wrong about responding the way he did.

In the end, people are people. We're going to respond badly to bad things. I personally respond badly to snarky comments and comments meant only to be hurtful. This is normal human behavior. I haven't seen Kamiya being arrogant and obnoxious in general - I don't know the guy. I never even sat beside the guy, so how can I pass judgment on his character? Should I base it off of his work ethic? What even IS his work ethic? I know he's been angry on Twitter, but as far as I know, he must've been fairly professional the rest of the time, otherwise he would not have a job.

I'm not sure I should even care. If he makes good games, why does his temper even matter? And like I said, do we even know his temper, or do we base it off of what we see in the media? I'm guessing he has friends too, so I doubt he's an ass in general.

Last edited:

IncarnatedDemon

This isn't about Kamiya but Tameem. "You hate on Tameem, ok, we hate on Kamiya".
I know i have been called Kamiya fan boy
PG fanboy
PG purist

I'd understand it if you guys were disliking Kamiya because he has genuinely offended you. But i am very sure that's not why your so ranty about him.
Like Berto said, where were you guys when Kamiya reacted the same way towards question about dmc? https://twitter.com/PG_kamiya/statuses/239913087803748352
Why are you roaring just now, and not then?

And if you look at his responses to similar questions about Starfox, dmc and smash, you'll find that he keeps getting annoyed and annoyed at repeating himself.
He tells people "check my log!"
But this isn't about what Kamiya said but a opportunity for all dmc reboot fans to rant about Kamiya, the guy that the opposition of dmc reboot respects as a developer.

Top Bottom