• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Y'know what? I can't accept this.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Ah, well, if he thinks Smash Bros (or its fans) is stupid, he should have the right to say that.
But Tameem doesn't have the right to say that Bayonetta "isn't his type of cool"?

Remind me just what the difference between these two types of behaviors are again -- I always have fun watching Kamiya fans try to justify his actions.
Because in Tokyo it wouldnt be as big of a thing. Cosplay is common there. Shibuya has a lot of that. But in a bar in the west, someone dressed like Dante would obviously get commented on in a negative way.
It's true. I was in this restaurant once, and this guy walks in with a Dante haircut (but thankfully, he didn't dye his hair white) and a floor-length black trenchcoat. And while no one was laughing outright, they were all at the very least snickering and staring at him as if he were absolutely insane.
Oh no call the polices!
HAHAHAHA!

Last edited:

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
What game did he rip off?

Bayonetta being a rip off of DMC4.

Let me rephrase that actually;

Kamiya says PSASBR "rips off" of SSB, when really they're not all that alike. The concept of getting different PS exclusives is like what SSB does with Nintendo characters, but even so the gameplay of the games are way too different from each other for it to be considered a rip off.

He claims it's a rip off and that it's shameful that PSASBR is like SSB, yet he fails to realize that Bayonetta wouldn't be as good as it is without him having to play DMC4, something he's "ripped off" of himself.

But Tameem doesn't have the right to say that Bayonetta "isn't his type of cool"?

Remind me just what the difference between these two types of behaviors are again -- I always have fun watching Kamiya fans try to justify his actions.

I guess it's the way Tameen said it that angered fans.

Tameen said
“Personally, I don’t. I love the game. I think it’s awesome. It’s taken everything — it’s just gone to a total extreme. But in terms of, ‘Do I think it’s cool?’ No, not at all. I think it’s caricatured and over-the-top and very ‘Japanesey,’ and for that absurd style it does that really well, but that’s not what I want.”

Basically he says that he thinks Bayonetta does what it does well, but he's not a big fan of all that anime style.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Ah, so it was the "japanese-y" thing that set them off.

Yeah, I can see how an entire otaku culture can read that sentence and completely lose control. In their collective mindset, Tameem insulted everything they admire and try to imitate.

Blade8513

It's not even about DmC. It's about having Classic Dante BE cool not ACT cool. That this is the last I'll see of Classic Dante, and I'm stuck with douche McDickhead in leather chaps.

Since when did Dante have to act like Shakespeare to be cool? Since when did Dante have to talk about having sex while using a weapon just to act cool? Why can't he just BE cool instead of do all this bullshit?

Lmao "douche McDickhead in leather chaps" that was pretty damn funny

Last edited:
Hey, everyone. Just want to throw out a fact: all games are rip offs and they steal from each other all the time, because game design is very iterative. If a new action game comes out and does something particularly well, games that are released after will probably steal that mechanic and try to expand on it. DMC3 to DM4 to Bayonetta to DmC.
Where do you think the awesome slo mo power trip of demon dodge comes from? Anyone remember Witch time in Bayonetta?

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Well, Witch Time and Demon Dodge aren't quite the same, but yeah, your point is still valid :tongue:

I think people forget though, that Istuno was responsible for the greatest gameplay in the Devil May Cry series. Kamiya birthed the IP and made DMC1, but...well...we all know how that game's combat isn't as complex as the later iterations.

Well, Witch Time and Demon Dodge aren't quite the same, but yeah, your point is still valid :tongue:

I think people forget though, that Istuno was responsible for the greatest gameplay in the Devil May Cry series. Kamiya birthed the IP and made DMC1, but...well...we all know how that game's combat isn't as complex as the later iterations.
Yeah, I think people fail to realize that itsuno wants the combat of DMC to be enjoyed by all players, its like as a game designer, you don't want to create mechanics that only a small percentage of the people who buy your game will experience. I think that's why he's been trying through each iteration to make the game's hidden mechanics more transparent and easier to understand.

I always trust women who destroy my front door, throw a bike at me, and then try to kill me.
The thing is,it was made to seem like such a meaningful relationship,that if you look more into how it was made,you actually realize it's pretty weird to trust a woman like Trish even for Dante in such a little time.
Also,even in DMC3 how long it took for Dante and Lady to get along with each other? Oh yeah,the entire game almost.
In terms of bad romance stories it did evolved a bit.

-Dante would get laughed out of most public places since you know, no one particularly dresses like him. DmC was going for a more contemporary and down to earth setting. Only logical to add some sense of fashion that makes sense in the real world that doesn't look just like cosplay. Don't be so stupid.

-When did he call Trish a prostitute? And to be honest, yea. Trish does dress pretty slutty. Trish is not an example I'd use for a respectable and strong female character because she's just the eye candy T n A in between the action. Pretty much every single DMC girl is. Even Lady is just basically an otaku wet dream. Because a mini skirt school girl outfit is proper demon hunting attire. Doesn't seem like it to me.

Hmm,if we talk about DMC4 then ok. You still see people dressed weird on the streets,not in America maybe,but even in my country some dress non-conformiste and less conservative everyday.Also,I see dudes cosplaying on the street sometimes.Some feel better like this and I understand.
DmC Dante was okay designed for the DmC universe,just as DMC Dante was okay for the DMC universe,if you don't like a specific design then it's just a personal matter,but in terms of the game it was right.I think in that DMC4 trailer before the original game was released his attire actually looked pretty normal for a more realistic approach.If you'd make his hair a different hair color for example brown or black then he would be okay even for the DmC universe but that's not the point of this.
Looks don't play a huge part of a game's quality anyway.

Strong Female characters can be dressed sexy,but to look slutty it's an abuse in the game industry so I don't know how much truth does this statement still holds. And Trish is a demon,they should look attractive in my opinion.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Hmm,if we talk about DMC4 then ok. You still see people dressed weird on the streets,not in America maybe,but even in my country some dress non-conformiste and less conservative everyday.Also,I see dudes cosplaying on the street sometimes.Some feel better like this and I understand.

Yeah, although them dressing that way, and them being accepted by society are two different things. That was Tameem's point; at least in the UK and many places in the US, dressing flamboyantly like that is a surefire way to get noticed, and to be lambasted by the public. So, DmC Dante was made to be as normal-looking as possible. I believe whole-heartedly that they could have found a way to still make him look stylish in that very distinct street sorta way, but I also understand that 1) he got dressed in a hurry, and 2) all his stuff is now floating around the bay >.<

We did see Dante wearing black dress shirts and white hoodies in his flashback portraits :tongue: My design of Dante in my writing his wearing some rather stylish contemporary clothes :3 He's quite dashing in my head, haha

Right.
Even if people happen from time to time to behave like as*holes,let's at least recognize their contribution because we're supposed to focus on the game and their quality rather than the producers attitudes.Nobody said you have to dislike a game just because the producer happens to be a little douchebag.

Top Bottom