• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Y'know what? I can't accept this.

Yeah, although them dressing that way, and them being accepted by society are two different things. That was Tameem's point; at least in the UK and many places in the US, dressing flamboyantly like that is a surefire way to get noticed, and to be lambasted by the public. So, DmC Dante was made to be as normal-looking as possible. I believe whole-heartedly that they could have found a way to still make him look stylish in that very distinct street sorta way, but I also understand that 1) he got dressed in a hurry, and 2) all his stuff is now floating around the bay >.<

We did see Dante wearing black dress shirts and white hoodies in his flashback portraits :tongue: My design of Dante in my writing his wearing some rather stylish contemporary clothes :3 He's quite dashing in my head, haha

That's a flaw of our society,but at the same time a reality.

I also agree with that,but being the circumstances this aspect can be overlooked. xD

Of course.I'm that type of person who can like two things at the same time for their own merits.DMC Dante was supposed to be that stylish type of hero in the game,so I like his design for this.DmC Dante was supposed to be the rebellious type of character in the district and I like his design for this.I like these two for their own concept for the games.
I also do designs in my head,sometimes I draw them,I even have some kind of notebook for designs of my favourite characters.I like to give things an alternative perspective.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Right.
Even if people happen from time to time to behave like as*holes,let's at least recognize their contribution because we're supposed to focus on the game and their quality rather than the producers attitudes.Nobody said you have to dislike a game just because the producer happens to be a little douchebag.

Exactly. David Jaffe is a bit of a cock sometimes, but I loved God of War 2, and I grew up on Twisted Metal. The problem that got brought up here I think is that it created a double-standard, where people criticized Tameem for things he (may or may not have) said to people attacking him day and night, but still look up to Kamiya, who has had a pretty gnarly attitude as well, against people who meant well.

But eh. Games are games, I miss the old days when developers didn't have to be held up as rockstars of the industry and paraded around. The games are what are important! That's what I'm buying! Not some potential jerk-off's product. It was better when developers were mostly faceless to me other than their logos >.<

But eh. Games are games, I miss the old days when developers didn't have to be held up as rockstars of the industry and paraded around. The games are what are important! That's what I'm buying! Not some potential jerk-off's product. It was better when developers were mostly faceless to me other than their logos >.<

Oh ,what truth you've just said!
A true and good developer always gets known through his work rather than through their public appereances.

Bazilican

Beer and big tits all around! XD
Let's all agree that both were assholes.

However Kamiya was the bigger ass. You don't go telling fans of Nintendo to f*ck off. YOUR game that YOU'RE making is in those fan's hands along with your small niche fanbase, and you're gonna tell the Nintendo fans (who are bigger in numbers then your own fanbase) to f*ck off?

No Kamiya, just...no.

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
The more funny of the situation is the fact of the games giving the impression of a possible romance, only to be immediately dropped and forgotten in the next installment and we are present to another girl/partner.In DMC nobody left friend zone until now.( Let's be honest! A single protagonist sells better, since he will attract a larger number of fangirls( and men too!).Even Reuben admitted he liked Dante being single because Reuben appreciated his freedom and a love interest would causing him unnecessary trouble.)DmC in that terms is a breath of fresh air, since the relationship between characters is not forcibly of romantic connotations, but could( or not ) evolve towards that.
Trish was dressed in leather because Kamiya loves women in black leather and Trish( or whatever name she would have in RE incarnation he was trying to do) was to have black hair, but Mikami said no, since Ada already had black hair.So Bayonetta is the black haired girl in leather Kamiya wanted so bad.The same way Lady was dressed in school outfit to appeal to "moe" fans.Kamiya was creative director( or whatever), of DMC3 and Lady was probably the human girl Trish talks about in Vj.I found out VJ was made and released at the same time DMC3 was being conceived with (indirect or not) Kamiya's help and Lucia was never a human girl.

Domenic93

The more funny of the situation is the fact of the games giving the impression of a possible romance, only to be immediately dropped and forgotten in the next installment and we are present to another girl/partner.In DMC nobody left friend zone until now.( Let's be honest! A single protagonist sells better, since he will attract a larger number of fangirls( and men too!).Even Reuben admitted he liked Dante being single because Reuben appreciated his freedom and a love interest would causing him unnecessary trouble.)DmC in that terms is a breath of fresh air, since the relationship between characters is not forcibly of romantic connotations, but could( or not ) evolve towards that.
Trish was dressed in leather because Kamiya loves women in black leather and Trish( or whatever name she would have in RE incarnation he was trying to do) was to have black hair, but Mikami said no, since Ada already had black hair.So Bayonetta is the black haired girl in leather Kamiya wanted so bad.The same way Lady was dressed in school outfit to appeal to "moe" fans.Kamiya was creative director( or whatever), of DMC3 and Lady was probably the human girl Trish talks about in Vj.I found out VJ was made and released at the same time DMC3 was being conceived with (indirect or not) Kamiya's help and Lucia was never a human girl.
it was for maneuverability, and I doubt she would have had a bullet proof vest laying around, and even if she did, it would have slowed her down and limited her movement!

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Well, Witch Time and Demon Dodge aren't quite the same, but yeah, your point is still valid :tongue:

I think people forget though, that Istuno was responsible for the greatest gameplay in the Devil May Cry series. Kamiya birthed the IP and made DMC1, but...well...we all know how that game's combat isn't as complex as the later iterations.
The IP? yes.

The gameplay itself? Well, you've read my earlier posts on the matter, so you already know my thoughts on that one.
I don't see it.
Of course you don't.

AlastorSword

“Must not sleep... must warn others."
Now that I think about it... I returned my copy of Playstation All-stars Battle Royale. >_> I don't even remember why... I could probably get it again for cheap now.

Ah, so it was the "japanese-y" thing that set them off.

Yeah, I can see how an entire otaku culture can read that sentence and completely lose control. In their collective mindset, Tameem insulted everything they admire and try to imitate.

Oh,I love anime,yet I don't like to identify myself as an otaku exactly because being an otaku instantly makes you an annoying fangirl/boy.I'd like to call myself an anime fan.People in Japan aren't even such rabid persons,it's just the rest of the people from other countries which make it seem like it's the worst thing to be an anime fan in other's eyes.
Well,I don't think he insulted it,he just said he had another preference.Alright,get over this people,no one has to like what you like.
Hey, everyone. Just want to throw out a fact: all games are rip offs and they steal from each other all the time, because game design is very iterative. If a new action game comes out and does something particularly well, games that are released after will probably steal that mechanic and try to expand on it. DMC3 to DM4 to Bayonetta to DmC.
And after all,this isn't a bad thing,don't we all still want good games with great mechanics? I know I'm not angry or offended if a future game is inspired by another great one. More good games=more joy.

ALSO,your sig is just amazing! I like how you integrated DMC3 designs into DmC.Everybody can be satisfied now. And you made a fangirl happy.

Last edited:

Bazilican

When was this?

http://mynintendonews.com/2013/06/06/kamiya-tells-smash-bros-fans-to-fk-off/

So? If I still didn't forgive Tameen for all the sh*t he's said, why should I forgive this asshole? No matter how much you people worship Kamiya for his games and his so-called "creativity", telling someone to f*ck off and also being so unprofessional on more then one occasion isn't going to cover a damn thing.

IncarnatedDemon

So? If I still didn't forgive Tameen for all the sh*t he's said, why should I forgive this asshole? No matter how much you people worship Kamiya for his games and his so-called "creativity", telling someone to f*ck off and also being so unprofessional on more then one occasion isn't going to cover a damn thing.
I don't give a * if you forgive Kamiya or not, neither have i asked you to do that. And guessing by way you patronize him, i don't think you were a fan to begin with, so it's not you who he has let down but fans like me. So what is there for you to forgive?

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
People get angry sometimes. To be honest, I think it's rich that some people dare to call Kamiya an asshole, when all those people do is get on threads to annoy people by posting sarcastic/sardonic comments. Even more so when Tameem has shown to be an ass sometimes, himself. Time to start focusing on the games instead of how much you personally dislike the developers. For example, I don't hate DmC because it was made by Ninja Theory o_O. Seems like Heavenly Sword was a decent enough game, and the developers are thoughtful people in general.

Last edited:

TerrorA

Don't mess with a Mage, bitch.
People get angry sometimes. To be honest, I think it's rich that some people dare to call Kamiya an asshole, when all those people do is get on threads to annoy people by posting sarcastic/sardonic comments. Even more so when Tameem has shown to be an ass sometimes, himself. Time to start focusing on the games instead of how much you personally dislike the developers. For example, I don't hate DmC because it was made by Ninja Theory o_O. Seems like Heavenly Sword was a decent enough game, and the developers are thoughtful people in general.
Lionheart, you're my new best friend!

Bazilican

I don't give a * if you forgive Kamiya or not, neither have i asked you to do that. And guessing by way you patronize him, i don't think you were a fan to begin with, so it's not you who he has let down but fans like me. So what is there for you to forgive?

Showing me a link of him trying to win back a fanbase he just obviously patronized and told to f*ck off is obviously you trying to have us believe that Kamiya's a shinning star. And if people are so willfully able to accept him again, and pretend all is forgiven just like that, then that says a lot about the fanbase he's catering to.

Not even making fun of you or anything, but that's just pathetic that people are so quick to forgive what he says simply because he makes games they love.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall

Is this suppose to make me feel better?

"Oh I told you to f*ck off, but hey, at least I'll put my characters into the same game as your favorite character!"

That's so scraping at the bottom of the barrel, it's a bit sad. No matter how much games he tries to smother into my face, that's not going to cover the fact that he's still very unprofessional.

and like Bazilican said; he's still quite the asshole.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
Showing me a link of him trying to win back a fanbase he just obviously patronized and told to f*ck off is obviously you trying to have us believe that Kamiya's a shinning star. And if people are so willfully able to accept him again, and pretend all is forgiven just like that, then that says a lot about the fanbase he's catering to.

Not even making fun of you or anything, but that's just pathetic that people are so quick to forgive what he says simply because he makes games they love.

I think the whole point was that people shouldn't care that he's a dick sometimes. So is Tameem, and I don't see anyone going ''let's not buy DmC as some sort of misplaced statement''. I think people are more interested in whether he makes good games or not. I see that article IncarnatedDemon posted as proof that he does not hate those people, he just got angry because of all the unnecessary questions on Twitter. If I got so much spam all the time, I'd get ticked off too.

Top Bottom