• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Yamato Origin

Status
Not open for further replies.

New DMC Player

Quick question before I go to work:

Where did Yamato come from? Was it a sword Sparda made or like a devil arm he received after defeating an evil boss enemy? Or maybe it was passed to him by a human who reconized his power.

Ill check back in 12 hours.

Thanks for any feedback.

NerosDevil

Shall we dance?
Yamato and Rebellion were swords created by Sparda to ceal the demon realm, especially credited Yamato "cealing the true hell gate".

Sparda™

The origins are unknown.

What we all know is that the Yamato is a powerful sword embedded with great magic. It is the key to unlock and destroy the hell gates.

NerosDevil

Shall we dance?
Dante Aseroth;127822 said:
The origins are unknown.

What we all know is that the Yamato is a powerful sword embedded with great magic. It is the key to unlock and destroy the hell gates.

If Sparda encased his power within the Amulet to open/close Temen-Ni-Gru, i'm pretty sure Yamato and Rebellion were created by Sparda to ceal hell gates. Why would another demon create something which would flaw the over-throw Mundus? And how could any other demon BUT Sparda create something so powerful? That's why Rebellion and Yamato were special given to his sons as a monumental piece.

Sparda™

NerosDevil;127834 said:
If Sparda encased his power within the Amulet to open/close Temen-Ni-Gru, i'm pretty sure Yamato and Rebellion were created by Sparda to ceal hell gates. Why would another demon create something which would flaw the over-throw Mundus? And how could any other demon BUT Sparda create something so powerful? That's why Rebellion and Yamato were special given to his sons as a monumental piece.

You mean seal...:p

But yeah, I know of Sparda, but truly, we don't know how they were created.

NerosDevil

Shall we dance?
....Er no. The Amulet also opened Temen-Ni-Gru aswel. So it can open and close itself. Ceal/close, same thing. No other demon but Mundus or Sparda could make Yamato and Rebellion, having such significance within the series to Dante, Vergil and Nero as a family/bloodline monumental. Mundus wouldn't create his own downfall, and Sparda wanted to close the demon realm from the humans, so why would anyone else make it, especially being weaker. They're his personal weapons forged for that purpose, passing to offspring and future generations had such another occasion arrised like it has.

Sparda™

NerosDevil;127838 said:
....Er no. The Amulet also opened Temen-Ni-Gru aswel. So it can open and close itself. Ceal/close, same thing. No other demon but Mundus or Sparda could make Yamato and Rebellion, having such significance within the series to Dante, Vergil and Nero as a family/bloodline monumental. Mundus wouldn't create his own downfall, and Sparda wanted to close the demon realm from the humans, so why would anyone else make it, especially being weaker.

Hello?! I corrected the word seal...:lol:

Leonhart.

Flawless Assassin
I don't know who made the swords:\ but I only know that the swords is from their father Sparda.
their here ref. to Dante & Vergil;)

Koemi

half-breed
well, no where capcom said Sparda created them. all we know officially, is that yamato is "the sword that separates the human world from the demon world" so it's just like a "key" - probably mundus knows of yamato too, and probably used it to open the gate 2000 years ago, so i don't see why it's impossible for mundus to know of that power in yamato.

"sealing" seems to me it's about removing it from that gate - just like Dante did in DMC4.

that tower - sparda used his sword ("force edge")+blood, his power, the priestess and the amulets to seal that. Nothing concerning Rebellion here actually... :huh:

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Along with what all the others said, allow me to contribute what the description for the sword was in Devil May Cry 1. (If you do not know, when you played as Sparda then, you had the Yamato as an extra sword).

"It's the legendary sword wielded by Sparda. It is said that it has the will and the power to divide and wipe out the darkness"

So apparently it was a well-know sword even before Vergil got it. I guess that the part about darkness can also be connected to how it worked as a key, sealing the "dark" hellgates.

New DMC Player

Thanks for the replies guys :). But I would say the official answer to Yamatos origins is unknown at this time. Just like all the fine details about DMC series lol.

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
Okay, wtf does Rebellion do anyway?
Nothing, cause Rebellion is a BS sword. Bring back Alastor!

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
vergistar;128009 said:
Rebellion is a good sword but I think I would rather use Alastor.

Agreed

But still....wtf does Rebellion DO!?
Yamato seals hellgates, Force Edge seals Sparda's power and Temen-Ni-Gu, but wtf does Rebellion DO!?

Damien

Anti - Little D
Premium
i think that Yamato came from hell and thats y it has the power to seal the hellgate ...... :lol:

Koemi

half-breed
omenminator;128030 said:
i think that Yamato came from hell and thats y it has the power to seal the hellgate ...... :lol:

well, all swords of Sparda (Force Edge, Yamato, Rebellion) are from hell... able to seal hellgate is just an attribute of Yamato

just thought of something (may not be too relevent): remember Vergil's DT form has a sheath coming out of his left arm to hold yamato? why Dante's DT form won't have a pouch/belt/whatever coming out and hold rebellion? :\

Zato-OW

King
These swords could be artifacts that Sparda found during his time in the human world. Or he may have created them his self.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom