• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Yamato and Rebellion

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Classic Sparda did, all three were swords he used during his rebellion to lock the demon world away. And Force Edge is a bastard sword, hand-and-a-half style weapon.
And it is supposed to be Rebellion in the painting of Sparda, seems that NT combined Force Edge and the Rebellion for this continuity since the new Rebellion shapeshifts like the Sparda did.

Ether0

Nephilim Lover
Kinda offtopic, but Sparda and his whole ordeal with swords and passing them down to his sons reminds me A LOT of Inuyasha lol.
I thought I was the only one who saw that. I actually think DMC and especially DMC3 are extremely similar to Inuyasha. Don't think they are like outright copying because that same sort of plot has existed in manga and anime for a very long time and is a very common trope in Japanese storytelling.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
The weapon Sparda is seen holding in his portrait in home truths isn't Rebellion, it has a curved guard

That is Rebellion in that portrait.

Sparda_Portrait.png

That curve your talking about only goes out a little bit, and it's the same one at the base of the blade on Rebellion.

New_Rebellion_DmC.jpg

And there is no Force Edge in DmC.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
I thought I was the only one who saw that. I actually think DMC and especially DMC3 are extremely similar to Inuyasha. Don't think they are like outright copying because that same sort of plot has existed in manga and anime for a very long time and is a very common trope in Japanese storytelling.

Yea I don't think they copied either, but I would not be surprised if they where inspired a bit by Inuyasha considering it was out before DMC.

Lets see the similarity,

1. 2 white haired brothers who have a legendary father who is dead
2. One brother being a talkative hero while the other is a cold silent anti/hero
3. Both receiving swords from their late father with each one of them having hidden potential different from one anather.

Yea the similarity is obviously there lol.

Ether0

Nephilim Lover
Yea I don't think they copied either, but I would not be surprised if they where inspired a bit by Inuyasha considering it was out before DMC.

Lets see the similarity,

2. One brother being a talkative hero while the other is a cold silent anti/hero
3. Both receiving swords from their late father with each one of them having hidden potential different from one anather.

Yeah and Vergil and Sesshomaru entire motivation to get power to become like their father is is a big similarity. Of course Sesshomaru ends up surpassing Inuyasha and his father in terms of power dramatically unlike Vergil.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Yeah and Vergil and Sesshomaru entire motivation to get power to become like their father is is a big similarity. Of course Sesshomaru ends up surpassing Inuyasha and his father in terms of power dramatically unlike Vergil.

yea I liked how Sesshomaru actually gained a weapon that was superior to Inuyasha's later in the story (as far as dealing and defeating Naraku).

Its sad when you think that Vergil did not get the same justice as Sesshomaru did.

Azure King

Don't compare Inuyasha and Sesshomaru with Dante and Vergil, Inuyasha is a terrible series with terrible characters

Ether0

Nephilim Lover
yea I liked how Sesshomaru actually gained a weapon that was superior to Inuyasha's later in the story (as far as dealing and defeating Naraku).

Its sad when you think that Vergil did not get the same justice as Sesshomaru did.
Yeah the lady who created Inuyasha even stated by the time the series is done Sesshomaru is the most powerful character in the Inuyasha universe.

It does suck that Vergil does not get to have that sort of justice as you say, but he was never given a real redemptive story arc like Sesshomaru unfortunately. It would be cool if he got his own game, not just a DLC chapter which will hopefully be great but a full fledged game where he gets to shine and develop more as a character. It will never happen but I'd be so happy if it did.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall

Lets see the similarity,

Plus in the 3rd Inuyasha movie, Their Dad had one last sword that was suppose to be the most powerful one of them all.
10970687_gal.jpg

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Plus in the 3rd Inuyasha movie, Their Dad had one last sword that was suppose to be the most powerful one of them all.
10970687_gal.jpg

Yea I remember that movie.

So just for the sake of comparing

Tessaiga/Rebellion

Tenseiga/Yamato

Sō'unga/Force Edge

Granted this is all just for the sake of comparing and neithrer of the swords share much in common.

Just that we have 2 swords passed down to his 2 sons and 1 sword that he once possessed that was the most powerful of the 3.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Yea I remember that movie.

So just for the sake of comparing

Tessaiga/Rebellion

Tenseiga/Yamato

Sō'unga/Force Edge

Granted this is all just for the sake of comparing and neithrer of the swords share much in common.

Just that we have 2 swords passed down to his 2 sons and 1 sword that he once possessed that was the most powerful of the 3.

Not like no one else has used that. I'm sure other animes have learned a thing or two from Inuyasha.

Top Bottom