• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Would Lucia be a pleasant surprise?

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
I mean, if it was post DMC2, there would be no reason not to say it's a sequel to DMC2. :v
Standing by what I said
giphy.gif

Off-topic, sweet gifs are working for me again

windleopard

If 5 is a direct sequel to 4, then I'm starting to feel like 2 really has been stricken from continuity cause Dante in 2 is clearly not an old man.

Isn't it common for Capcom to toss away non popular characters anyway?

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I said a while back that I’d like it to be set after 2 because not only did I actually like 2 *shock* but I felt that it was something that needed to be addressed.

But, at least we’re getting a sequel to 4 and another Devil May Cry. So I’m happy to accept that it probably isn’t after 2. Would’ve been nice, yeah. But they just don’t want to give 2 the acknowledgment that it does actually deserve (at least to continue the series chronologically that is since 3, 1, 4, 2) but oh well I guess.

D.Dark

Not sure, I don't want Dante's harem to expand further. Two is a party but three is a crowd.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
I mean, if it was post DMC2, there would be no reason not to say it's a sequel to DMC2. :v

You where pretty adamant this was not set after DMC2, care to comment now that its confirmed to be set after DMC2?:whistle::D

ONTOPIC

I would absolutely for Lucia to be in this, would be great to see how they handle her character design and personality wise by todays standards.

Also at this point it would be glaringly weird to not include her somewhat within the story now that we know for a fact this is after DMC2, the whole cliffhanger at the end of DMC2 needs to be resolved since we still don't know if that was Dante on that bike even if we know now that he does eventually escape, the person on the bike that pulled into the shop needs a reveal.

Last edited:

windleopard

Not sure, I don't want Dante's harem to expand further. Two is a party but three is a crowd.

It's not Dante's harem, it's Lady's. She just let's Dante borrow it sometimes.:tongue:

You where pretty adamant this was not set after DMC2, care to comment now that its confirmed to be set after DMC2?:whistle:

ONTOPIC

I would absolutely for Lucia to be in this, would be great to see how they handle her character design and personality wise by todays standards.

Also at this point it would be glaringly weird to not include her somewhat within the story now that we know for a fact this is after DMC2, the whole cliffhanger at the end of DMC2 needs to be resolved since we still don't know if that was Dante on that bike even if we know now that he does eventually escape.

If this is indeed the final chapter in the Sons of Sparda saga, I'd like to see future games focus on other individuals and organizations that fight demons. Resident Evil and Castlevania show you don't need to have the iconic characters in every game and it would be nice to have Lucia as the star of her own game. Maybe include other members of the Protectorate or team her up with Lady and Trish.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
You where pretty adamant this was not set after DMC2, care to comment now that its confirmed to be set after DMC2?:whistle::D

What do you want me to say? They should have been clearer with their marketing I guess, and word their statements better. If you want people to know it's after DMC2, you don't continuously mention DMC4 as a milestone in interviews to set up this game's timeline.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
She'd certainly be a "surprise" given how Capcom has tried to ignore DMC2 in the past.

I wouldn't mind if they included her so long as it doesn't feel like a forced cameo or detract from the story.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
What do you want me to say? They should have been clearer with their marketing I guess, and word their statements better. If you want people to know it's after DMC2, you don't continuously mention DMC4 as a milestone in interviews to set up this game's timeline.

A friendly "I was wrong" would be nice, also would show a bit of humility but that may be to much to ask since you haven't done so already so whatever lol, that post was mostly me just poking fun anyways hence the emojis.

But your right about how they should have just came out and said this from the start rather than the it's just a sequel to dmc4, they NEVER said it was before dmc2 either so it was still up to the fans to put 2 and 2 together and given dante's older look it should be obvious it was after 2.

Last edited:
Top Bottom