• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Will they answer our questions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
Do you really think that Capcom will realy bring back Nero, and answer the questions? So far they havent re-used a secondary male character in any games. Personally i don't know if they will bring Nero back. They may bring back Vergil, and maybe Nero at a later stage, what are your opinions on this?

The SSStylish one

Formerly DanteTheDevil
Vauxchen;147924 said:
Do you really think that Capcom will realy bring back Nero, and answer the questions? So far they havent re-used a secondary male character in any games. Personally i don't know if they will bring Nero back. They may bring back Vergil, and maybe Nero at a later stage, what are your opinions on this?

A) Nero was NOT secondary. Actually, Dante was secondary here.
B) As for Vergil, i have nothing to say :(

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
Remember Dante wasnt even supposed to be a playable character but Capcom chickened out at the last minute.

¬_¬

¬_¬ ⌐_⌐
darth_angelo45;150345 said:
The only question I have is "is the DB Vergil?" and I am hoping the answer is no.

No,Nero is other person.

hope they bring both and make a good history cuz is always about someone opening the demon world or other trying to get spardas power(or open the demon world to get spardas power lol),and a gameplay more longer

Atredus

The Great Destroyer
Only question I have is what happened to Dante in dmc2. My theory which is more than likely wrong is that the man in dmc 2 wasn't Dante. But was an older more serious Nero. Just a thought. There has to be some reason besides the change in producers and stuff for dmc2 why he was so different

Keaton

Premium
Nero was given a far stronger role in this story than Trish, Lucida, Lady and Vergil combined.

The fact that he leads the story is a first in the whole series, so I would imagine that Nero will be making a return alongside Dante.

I hope that by the 5th game Capcom will have anwsered some questions, afterall Resident Evil has finally been (and I use the term loosly) resolved.

Sparda™

^ Her name is Lucia. :p

And about Resident Evil, there's nothing solved. There are plenty of questions left unanswered and the same remains for Devil May Cry.

By adding Nero to the spotlight, they introduced more questions.

Keaton

Premium
Sparda™;170717 said:
^ Her name is Lucia. :p

And about Resident Evil, there's nothing solved. There are plenty of questions left unanswered and the same remains for Devil May Cry.

By adding Nero to the spotlight, they introduced more questions.

*stamps on typo demon*

Resident Evil was well concluded with the dimise of its lead antagonist. Perhaps not all questions were anwsered, but they don't ALL need to be. Resident Evil may well return in the same canon timeline, but, thats because Resident Evil has many different angles that they can try before the story gets too stale. Devil May Cry on the other hand has only a few KEY questions to anwser...

• Who is Nero
  • What happened to Dante in the conclusion of DMC2
  • Where is Sparda
  • What happened to Vergil

Aside from those questions and naturally progressing the story further, Capcom and DMC don't have very many directions to go in - without forcing loyal fans to go "Oh my god, its another new character with a hidden past" and eventually abandon the series.

If Capcom want to keep the large Devil May Cry fanbase happy, they will NEED to anwser some of the questions, otherwise, apart from the usual fun that it is to rank up a Stylish Combo, the game will be a 'single playthrough then trade in' episode - Which I would hate to see happen to Devil May Cry.

lafudge

&vergil.♥
This is a copy and paste of one of my previous posts. It links with this thread. It concerns Nero's identity and therefore DMC5.

---

I've read through all these theories and they're quite interesting. I still really think that Nero was just some orphan kid that Credo and Kyrie took in and hence grew up to be a part of the Holy Knights within The Order of the Sword. But having said that... Capcom left a lot of doors open by giving the usual "he's an orphan" story. So in DMC5 they really could make it out that he's the product of Sparda's bit on the side or something. But anyway yeah, back to what I believe. I believe he was just a regular guy who grew up with Credo and Kytie and therefore developed a very deep relationship with Kyrie as stated and shown in DMC4. I personally think that his love for her was so great he willingly went out to search for the means to protect her should the situation arise. If you look back in the cutscene where Nero activates his Devil Trigger/restores Yamato in DMC4, he goes on a sort of small speech, saying this; "From that day forth... my arm changed... and a voice echoed... 'Power... Give me more power!'. And if I become a demon, so be it... I will endure the exile... anything to protect her." Okay, this for me indicates that Nero IS connected to Vergil. I personally believe that Capcom are revving up Vergil's return and that they needed a way to throw it all together, and hence Nero, and hence his orphan story. Nero, I think, is the centre point to which the entire Vergil returning revolves and unfolds. Okay, so looking back at the speech. To me, it seems that because of his love for Kyrie, Nero went out to find the means to protect her if the situation should arise, like I stated. I think that along his search he came across the festering soul of Nelo Angelo. Now considering Nelo Angelo is Vergil as we all know, I think he'd be pretty annoyed at Dante because Dante "killed" him in DMC, so obviously, he's gonna want some way to get back at Dante and probably want to take over the world like he tried to do with the Temen-ni-gru. Continuing -- I think Nelo Angelo saw Nero as a chance, a possibility to do what he really wanted, so I think that he sensed the love Nero had for Kyrie, realised he could use it to his advantage and offered Nero the power of a demon ("And if I become a demon, so be it..."), with Nero obviously accepting ("Anything to protect her."). Therefore, I think that Nelo Angelo gave Nero the Devil Bringer, while imbuing himself within it, causing demonic blood to course through Nero's veins, which would in turn over time allow Vergil to make a come back. I'm not saying how or when but I think it's very plausable, considering that Nero said in his speech; "And a voice echoed... 'Power... Give me more power!'" The whole "power, give me more power" was like Vergil's catchphrase wasn't it? And like we all know, he embraced the power of Sparda and wanted more. So... yeah. All the theories I've read about Nero's identity are great, but I think the one thing you guys miss out is the fact that Nero would do anything for Kyrie.

More "evidence" for Nero "containing" Vergil;

In their first fight, Dante said to Nero something about them being the same, yet Nero being different to the other Holy Knights (who had been demonised or whatever through the Ascension Ceremony). I don't think this means that Nero's Dante's kid or whatever. I think it means that Dante "senses" Vergil within Nero and is referring to the intention or power level. Now I know that the Holy Knights are imbued with pieces of Nelo Angelo or something to that effect, but I don't think he was on about what they actually WERE. I think that Dante meant either Vergil being much more potent within Nero, hence more powerful. But it's cloudy to really say what I mean. I know what I mean but can't describe it.

Okay, and finally for the Sanctus thing where the old man refers to Nero having the blood of Sparda on four or so occasions I believe. I think that he didn't mean Nero was a demon because in Nero's speech he says; "And if I become a demon, so be it..." So yeah. To me that automatically rules out any demonic birth right Nero supposedly has. I think Sanctus was referring to the demonic blood imbued within Nero via Vergil's possible presence in Nero's Devil Bringer. And, of course, Vergil definitely possesses Sparda's blood. Oh! And more points. Like many have pointed out; the figure behind Nero when in DT mode looks like Nelo Angelo, and when Nero's DT activated for the first time, it would have "awakened" Vergil, made him more potent sort of thing, so that's why I think Nero was able to restore Yamato, considering the deep, unbreakable connection between Vergil and Yamato.

Plus, I also think that the huge similarity between the names Nero and Nelo isn't just a coincidence. I really think Capcom are going somewhere with this.

But that's just what I think. For all we know, Nero could be Trish's second cousin's uncle's son's best friend's newspaper boy's brother. xD Capcom have so many doors open with Nero that it's possible to go in a lot of directions. I just firmly believe that Nero is the hinge upon which "Vergil's return" swings and that he's basically a plot device.

UchihaClanLeader

SSSlayer of demons
^ Or you can put in that theory Sparda rather than Vergil. Nero could be Sparda also and Capcom is trying to bring back the legend through Nero. And also you can notice, when Nero touches Yamato with his Devil Bringer, Yamato glows purple. That could be for 2 reasons:
1. Nero's DB may be connected in a way or another with Sparda
2. Yamato glows purple because Sparda was the FIRST who wielded it, not Vergil.
That means the Devil Bringer has some sort of strong demonic power, too strong. Not any demon could "revive" Yamato with his arm or leg.

lafudge

&vergil.♥
Slayer_of_Darkness96;172396 said:
^ Or you can put in that theory Sparda rather than Vergil. Nero could be Sparda also and Capcom is trying to bring back the legend through Nero. And also you can notice, when Nero touches Yamato with his Devil Bringer, Yamato glows purple. That could be for 2 reasons:
1. Nero's DB may be connected in a way or another with Sparda
2. Yamato glows purple because Sparda was the FIRST who wielded it, not Vergil.
That means the Devil Bringer has some sort of strong demonic power, too strong. Not any demon could "revive" Yamato with his arm or leg.

Ah, yes. Those are very good points. The more and more people talking about Sparda making an appearance in DMC5, the more I kinda want it to happen. However, I'm still set on the fact that it could be Vergil. We know that Vergil had an inseperable connection with Yamato (call it a battle lover, a "soul-mate" if you would -- it's how I view it) so I think Nero was able to restore Yamato via this connection that Vergil has with the blade. Also, Sparda had many swords not just including the swords Rebellion, Sparda/Force Edge and Yamato so I think the strongest connection would lie within the sword of his own name, if that is what's going on. But having said that, Sparda was phenomenally powerful so if it IS him within the Devil Bringer, he would be more than adequate at restoring it. I just personally believe that Vergil had a stronger connection with Yamato considering it was the weapon that his father gave him, and we all know Vergil holds Sparda on a high pedestal, and that he pretty much took Yamato everywhere. I think the way Vergil "feels" about Yamato would really be enough to restore it.

Also, as we all know, it's speculated that Sparda may be alive. We know that it was said that he died but it's also been thrown all over the shops that he can still be alive. If this is so, then we don't have Sparda within Nero's DB because there's no reason for it. But I mean, Sparda being alive isn't likely anyway, but it's still theoretical. With the biggest likeliness of Sparda being DEAD -- you'll notice that when Nero first Triggers and resurrects Yamato, he does a little speech and says "Power... give me more power..." which is what Vergil said at the end of DMC3 ("Power... I need more power!") before he threw himself off the cliff thingy in the demon world after Dante defeated him. If it is Sparda within the DB, I really don't see why he would say "Power... give me more power..." considering he pretty much risked his entire life, and his powers, way too many times in order to protect the human world. I shouldn't think he'd want to rise from the dead for whatever reason saying those words.

Nevertheless, the points you've made are very good arguments for Sparda being within the DB, but I just think that it's Vergil because of the motive and the power thing. We can only wait to find out. I really do hope it is Vergil but I also hope Sparda pops up somewhere. ^_^

Karapaz

Will they answer our questions

Yes, and i will try my best to answer. Any questions? Besides this one. 9 views and countin. I AM on FIRE I will answer any question, at least something that doesnt innvolve....... you know

So, people, think i am a spambot? well i am daniel lugo. I like monster hunter freedom 2

Tramendium

Keaton;170720 said:
*stamps on typo demon*

Resident Evil was well concluded with the dimise of its lead antagonist. Perhaps not all questions were anwsered, but they don't ALL need to be. Resident Evil may well return in the same canon timeline, but, thats because Resident Evil has many different angles that they can try before the story gets too stale. Devil May Cry on the other hand has only a few KEY questions to anwser...

• Who is Nero
  • What happened to Dante in the conclusion of DMC2
  • Where is Sparda
  • What happened to Vergil

Aside from those questions and naturally progressing the story further, Capcom and DMC don't have very many directions to go in - without forcing loyal fans to go "Oh my god, its another new character with a hidden past" and eventually abandon the series.

If Capcom want to keep the large Devil May Cry fanbase happy, they will NEED to anwser some of the questions, otherwise, apart from the usual fun that it is to rank up a Stylish Combo, the game will be a 'single playthrough then trade in' episode - Which I would hate to see happen to Devil May Cry.

the answers would be probably about dante and vergil i don't think they will explain anything about nero nor sparda

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom