• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Why weren't Dante and Lady angry at Trish in DMC4?

Exejpgwmv

I know Dante isn't the type of guy to take things too seriously and can be very forgiving.(This doesn't apply to Lady.)

But isn't she partially responsible for what went down in DMC4?(You know, by stealing Sparda's sword and giving it to the church.)

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
Maybe she is creator's pet or whatever? Now that you ask this, I wonder that too.

Exejpgwmv

Maybe she is creator's pet or whatever?
Who is the "Creator"?

Well, her plan worked, so I guess they played it cool.
What plan?
Help wreak havoc so that she can have a little fun at the expense of the lives of innocent civilians, then get Dante to clean up the mess she helped create?

I don't see why Lady or Dante would not get ****ed at her for such a plan.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
Who is the "Creator"?

In this case Capcom, or better, Kobayashi. The same way he dislikes Vergil, he seems be too fond of Trish. Rumors said it was his idea to choose Trish over Vergil when it came to choose someone to be included in MvsC3 with Dante.

Exejpgwmv

Infiltrating the Order. Giving them Sparda was the way to gain their trust. They needed someone with the blood of Sparda to power up the Savior, so the sword alone was useless to them anyway. And she didn't know about Nero when she gave the sword.
That was her plan?

I don't see how anyone could have know that was her actual plan.
As soon as she hears that the church might be up to some fishy stuff, she just takes the sword and leaves.

Also, the plan doesn't seem to have affected much :/
I can't think of a single way in which, infiltrating the church and giving them the sword, benefited Dante.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
At the end of Mission 12, you get the cutscene that is the prologue of the entire game, where Lady tells Dante that she is afraid the Order might be up to something bad. But neither she or Dante are certain of that. So Trish decides to infiltrate the Order as Gloria to find out their plans. As I said, givin them the sword granted their trust. Once Trish found out what the Order's plan was from the inside, Dante could finally go and kill Sanctus, shooting him in the head in Mission 1.

That's how she helped Dante.

Dominus

In this case Capcom, or better, Kobayashi. The same way he dislikes Vergil, he seems be too fond of Trish. Rumors said it was his idea to choose Trish over Vergil when it came to choose someone to be included in MvsC3 with Dante.
Well he's more of the producer of DMC4, not the creator. But it's funny that he's bending to our will now by giving us Vergil. I was surprised Vergil wasn't in vanilla MvC3 because you already have part of the character model! Just like how when Yun is in a game Yang is in it as well (free model to use). Except SFA3 for PSP though..

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
At the end of Mission 12, you get the cutscene that is the prologue of the entire game, where Lady tells Dante that she is afraid the Order might be up to something bad. But neither she or Dante are certain of that. So Trish decides to infiltrate the Order as Gloria to find out their plans. As I said, givin them the sword granted their trust. Once Trish found out what the Order's plan was from the inside, Dante could finally go and kill Sanctus, shooting him in the head in Mission 1.

That's how she helped Dante.
It was still a very risky and down right dangerous plan though and shouldve got a better reaction from Dante since that IS the same sword that has his dad's power.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I think Lady cuts her more slack than Dante because she likes her better and Trish isn't used to being around humans or "fighting the good fight" as much as Dante or Lady has.

Trish might look like an adult but she's probably younger than Patty. So she had the inkling of a good plan, just she mistimed her play, dressed like Lady Gaga and took a risk by giving up Sparda (the sword) but every plan requires risks and bold action.

And it worked out all right.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
I think it was partially made to force Dante out of his chair. Also Sparda sword didn't made much difference. It gave Sanctus his superpowers, but Savior was powered by Yamato

Viper

Premium
Didn't Dante complain to Lady about it in the novel? So it wasn't a matter of them not getting angry as much as us not being shown everything.
Still, Trish did get some angry looks from Lady, remember that part where she complains about reward being small and Lady mentions her making things more messy with Sparda sword?
What else could they do after that? Bitchslap her across the office? It was the extra ending, all they could really do is shrug it off and do the cool pose.

Though I must add, a good catfight would have made me happy. :angel:

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Lady ain't a weakling, she might not have a chance for winning, but she would still give her a run for her money. :p

She can stand her ground against low/middle power demons, but no, she would not be any challenge for Trish. Remember that she has DT as well. Not that she would need it anyway xD

@Meg "Baby, yeah! Nice! Sweet! *sits on the floor enjoying the show*"

Viper

Premium
She can stand her ground against low/middle power demons, but no, she would not be any challenge for Trish. Remember that she has DT as well. Not that she would need it anyway xD

@Meg "Baby, yeah! Nice! Sweet! *sits on the floor enjoying the show*"
That's why I said she would not win, but judging by the fight in the anime, she would not go down so easily either just because she is human.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
That's why I said she would not win, but judging by the fight in the anime, she would not go down so easily either just because she is human.

Viper, in the anime Trish was just holding back A LOT all the time. She didn't have the slightest intentions to harm Lady in any way. She knew Lady was important for Dante.

Viper

Premium
Viper, in the anime Trish was just holding back A LOT all the time. She didn't have the slightest intentions to harm Lady in any way. She knew Lady was important for Dante.
How little faith you have in someone who survived a good deal of Temen-ni-gru and for whom even Dante said she wouldn't die so easy.
But whatever, that's your opinion and I got mine. :)

Top Bottom