• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Why the Nero hate?

Robert wuz Here

Sure I will admit I didn't care for Nero at first because I wanted to play as Dante but...he was ok in my book. I enjoyed playing with him (Not as much as Dante with style switching) but still lol

Valcorn

Well, people wanted to play Sparda, and they did without realizing so? Bravo Capcom ._.
Nah, must be something else, sounds too farfetched to be true, but interesting thoughts.
He is either Vergil's son and they are bad at math, or he is 3rd son of Sparda, or a son of Sparda's sibling.

D-Sparda

Nothing is true, everything is permitted
Nero is the descendant of Sparda. Sparda cannot be a descendant of himself.

Vergil being Nero's father is absurd because of contradictions in the timeline. Consistency is not Capcom's forte.

Vergil being reincarnated in Nero would be lame.

Vergil possessing Nero is doubtful because we did not witness any suspicious reactions when he touched the Sparda. Plus Nero casually gave back the sword to Dante, which Vergil would of not done(unless he had a change of heart).

Sparda died before Eva, so it is useless to think Nero is his third son.

Whoever or what Nero is, Capcom would fail in giving an appropriate explanation that no one would dare defy.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Well, people wanted to play Sparda, and they did without realizing so? Bravo Capcom ._.

I know, right? That was my lol moment when I realized the implications of Berial's words and the color assosiations Nero had.

Nah, must be something else, sounds too farfetched to be true, but interesting thoughts.
He is either Vergil's son and they are bad at math, or he is 3rd son of Sparda, or a son of Sparda's sibling.

Or from another child's bloodline, since Sparda, by DMC3's own legends given, has had more kids than just Dante and Vergil, sicne Itsuno said in production interviews that Dante was 19 in DMC3.

InJoshtice

Official DmC FANBOY
When Nero used his Devil Trigger urgh, the first time I saw that I got goosebumps and immediately fell in Love with the Character. How he was willing to turn demon to save Kyrie, and the big Vergil reference just made it even better.
"From that day forth my arm changed, and a voice awakened. Power, Give me more Power"
^Not sure how accurate that quote is but, you get the idea. + Johnny Yong Bosch is one of my favorite voice actors.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Capcom have certainly achieved one thing. They've got us all thinking about this a great deal. And as I'll state once again. I think this is the main reason that there is any dislike around his character (Although it does in respect make him more intriguing than Dante and Vergil, because he is so mysterious). Which is another point in itself. Sparda isn't really explained in great detail, same as Nero. So they both share that much in the respect that they are both mysterious characters with more going on with them then meets the eye.

Also, I never claimed Nero to be a reincarnation of Vergil. I stated that perhaps he 'inherited' Vergil's powers through a unique source of Vergil's. We all know that The Order created demonic knights using broken pieces of Nelo Angelo (Thus meaning they found Nelo Angelo's armour) but it's never stated that they found Vergil (He is never mentioned at all). We also know that the order retrieved the Yamato. So there we have it, they found items that Vergil wore and possessed. It's not far fetched to assume that they may have gained some power of his through his belongings. Most people state and claim that Vergil's soul is inside Yamato (I would agree) the form behind Nero when he 'Devil Triggers' resembles Vergil (This much is apparent). It is my logical conclusion that some part/essence of Vergil has infected Nero, and could slowly be corrupting him.

If Nero were a third son of Sparda, that would mean he would of betrayed his love for Eva. Which most people believe to not be the case. I for one agree and don't feel that he would do such a thing. So considering that would be totally out of character for him, I see it as implausible.

Also considering time-lines, and also the out of character attitude. I do not feel that Nero is Vergil's son either. As many lay claim regarding time-lines (Statements made about the time gaps between the various games) Vergil would of had to of been eleven to twelve years old when Nero was conceived. It's not impossible so to speak. But it is quite out of character and rather gross to consider or think about (For me at least).

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Why? Children like to experiment and mature faster nowadays ;D
...At nine, after the trauma of watching his mother being murdered(and possibly raped) in front of him before running off and making his brother think he was dead for about a decade? Yeah, Vergil would totally do that at NINE YEARS OLD.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
So Dante saved his own father, whose former power was the Holy Grail of DMC? Seems legit, melodramatic indeed ._.

I honestly don't think Nero is Sparda's reincarnation, since he's supposed to have the same family blood in his veins, which would be impossible if he were a reincarnation. That said, he was definitely meant to resemble Sparda, so I suspect Nero is some kind of experiment, or related to Sparda's relatives in some way. Either that, or Capcom f***** up royally by insinuating he's Vergil's son. It simply wouldn't make any sense.

Valcorn

The theory of mine about him being a full-blood demon was nothing, just for the sake of a "new" theory. I like the idea, but I don't think so. I still stand on the "son" one.
Why Nero being a full blood or half blood isn't possible:
(he is VERY CERTAINLY a quarter demon or less)

Dante in DMC3 BEFORE he awakened his Devil Trigger had more strength, faster reflexes and got pierced by swords all throughout his body and it did NOTHING to him at all, while the Angelos almost killed Nero like nothing. Nero might have more physical strength due to Devil Bringer, but in all other traits he is inferior to DTless DMC3 Dante IMO, even if Vergil ain't his father, one of his parents must have been a human.

Caiden

The theory of mine about him being a full-blood demon was nothing, just for the sake of a "new" theory. I like the idea, but I don't think so. I still stand on the "son" one.
Why Nero being a full blood or half blood isn't possible:
(he is VERY CERTAINLY a quarter demon or less)

Dante in DMC3 BEFORE he awakened his Devil Trigger had more strength, faster reflexes and got pierced by swords all throughout his body and it did NOTHING to him at all, while the Angelos almost killed Nero like nothing. Nero might have more physical strength due to Devil Bringer, but in all other traits he is inferior to DTless DMC3 Dante IMO, even if Vergil ain't his father, one of his parents must have been a human.

I disagree. Nero is slower but is much stronger physically, even against DMC 4 Dante. He was able to stop Berial's sword with his left arm. The only reason Nero got beat by the Angelos is because they got the drop on him. Also Dante did get pierced by Yamato and Rebellion which did cause him a good deal of pain but was able to recover because he activated his DT much like Nero.

In a one on one DMC 4 Dante wins, but I think pre DT it would be pretty even between Nero and DMC 3 Dante.

Valcorn

Rebellion and Yamato are magical swords, and it appears only such can harm Dante. The scythes of Prides did nothing to him at all, while Nero almost got killed with Angelo's lances.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Nero would stand and hold off Berial with his HUMAN hand holing Red Queen. he ain't a quarter breed or less, or he wouldn't be PHYSICALLY CHANGING into a demon. Now you seem to be trying to drag Nero down to being worth less than Dante....

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
Rebellion and Yamato are magical swords, and it appears only such can harm Dante. The scythes of Prides did nothing to him at all, while Nero almost got killed with Angelo's lances.

Rebellion and Yamato are weapons passed down in the Sparda family. They possess magical properties, yes. I also want to make it clear that the Bianco Angelos (and the other demons created by Agnus) were said to have been created from fragments of Nero Angelo (Vergil). Therefore, you could say Bianco Angelos and those other demons also possess magical properties. Familial weapons (Rebellion, Yamato) cause great harm to members of that family, so it would be probable that Bianco Angelos hurt Nero more easily than generic demons.

D-Sparda

Nothing is true, everything is permitted
Technically, Red Queen should of broke after being in contact with Berial's sword. After all, that sword was made by human hands.

Caiden

Red Queen is not a Devil Arm but thanks to exceed it is a far above average sword. Only a demon or a half demon would be able to use it.

Top Bottom