• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Why the Nero hate?

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
Why hate Nero?

I KKKKKKKKKKKKKKYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wonder?

KRSkull

Well it is really simple

people are more familiar with dante until DMC4 came. in the past if you talk about dmc with someone the first thing they will think of is Dante because he is the main character. and then DMC4 was announced and people were looking forward to play as Dante. but they didn't get that. they got Nero

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Well it is really simple

people are more familiar with dante until DMC4 came. in the past if you talk about dmc with someone the first thing they will think of is Dante because he is the main character. and then DMC4 was announced and people were looking forward to play as Dante. but they didn't get that. they got Nero

You still get to play as Dante.

Caiden

So a love interest makes him a bad character? If anything it makes him better. I know people give him crap for yelling Kyrie a lot but if the one person who truly loved you was in danger I think most people would react the same. (Not to mention that he is voiced by Johnny Yong Bosch, an amazing VA). I am doing another play through of DMC4 right now and I really enjoy his cutscenes.

mrrandomlulz

So a love interest makes him a bad character? If anything it makes him better. I know people give him crap for yelling Kyrie a lot but if the one person who truly loved you was in danger I think most people would react the same. (Not to mention that he is voiced by Johnny Yong Bosch, an amazing VA). I am doing another play through of DMC4 right now and I really enjoy his cutscenes.
Except DMC was known for having cool, calm, and collected characters.

Nero was hinted at to be Vergil's freaking son, THAT was an interesting plot, but instead of opening it and exploring the route of oppurtunity it lead the story towards, it kinda just ... faded into the dark while the spotlight was on a very cheesy romance.

Caiden

Who says that Nero's origin won't come up again. If Nero was "cool, calm, and collected" than he would have just been a Dante or Vergil clone. It's nice to see a character that uses a bit more emotion. When he tries to grab Kyrie but just misses is one of my favorite cutscenes.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Nero isn't even 20 years old. He's going to be emotionally unstable. I'd cry if I was that damn close to my goal and lost it. At least he had the sense to pick himself back up and try again instead of being an "emo" like so many people like to call him.

Caiden

Nero isn't even 20 years old. He's going to be emotionally unstable. I'd cry if I was that damn close to my goal and lost it. At least he had the sense to pick himself back up and try again instead of being an "emo" like so many people like to call him.

Thank you. I dont understand how for some people that wearing headphones and wanting to save the only girl that cares for him makes Nero emo. Some people are just trying to come up with ways to hate.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Thank you. I dont understand how for some people that wearing headphones and wanting to save the only girl that cares for him makes Nero emo. Some people are just trying to come up with ways to hate.

I know how you feel. It feels like some people grasp at straws. Nero cried once for less than a few minutes and therefore that makes him emo. Lolwut? I think people just dislike the fact that Nero replaced Dante for less than a full game.

Caiden

Doing another playthrough of 4 and got to the point where I switch to Dante and thought "Finally I get to play as Dante for a bit" Once I got halfway done with his first mission I remembered that I suck with Dante's combos and wanted to go back to playing as Nero. Nero is a good character and he is fun to play as everyone, show him a bit of love.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Doing another playthrough of 4 and got to the point where I switch to Dante and thought "Finally I get to play as Dante for a bit" Once I got halfway done with his first mission I remembered that I suck with Dante's combos and wanted to go back to playing as Nero. Nero is a good character and he is fun to play as everyone, show him a bit of love.

The enemies in DMC4 are too light. Dante's attacks throw them too far away and he's just not built for the enemies of this game. Trickster hardly helps because the best way to get to the enemies is a forward-B (or forward-Circle) combo, which is tough to pull off in the middle of a heated battle.

mrrandomlulz

Point is like this: It's not that we hate Nero because he's not Dante, it's that his potential as a character was never met, he had a TON of it and they wasted it all on what? A cliche love story that people had already seen 3000 times? Vergil should have at least made a cameo in 4 along with Mundus, instead what do we get?

Some priest... wants to become a god... isn't that original?

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
It really peeves me when people try to put so much substance into the story. If a game is fun, can't a cliche story be forgiven? Seems not.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Point is like this: It's not that we hate Nero because he's not Dante, it's that his potential as a character was never met, he had a TON of it and they wasted it all on what? A cliche love story that people had already seen 3000 times? Vergil should have at least made a cameo in 4 along with Mundus, instead what do we get?

Some priest... wants to become a god... isn't that original?
But it's more than that. It's been the premisse of the last 3 DMC titles: Human that uses demonic powers to try to become a god. Even worse is the last two because it humans using demonic power to obtain the power of Sparda in order to become a god. Once is enough, twice is forgivable, thrice? Hell, no.

It really peeves me when people try to put so much substance into the story. If a game is fun, can't a cliche story be forgiven? Seems not.

Not anymore. Games are becoming much more essential media and there is more demand for the stories to improve along.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Not anymore. Games are becoming much more essential media and there is more demand for the stories to improve along.

So being fun to play doesn't matter anymore? A game has to have the perfect story as well?

mrrandomlulz

So being fun to play doesn't matter anymore? A game has to have the perfect story as well?
No, not to me, but this is a "Why you hate nero" thread, not a "Why you hate DMC4" thread,

I hate DMC4 for reasons other than its story:troll:

(Mostly I hate it because it is INFERIOR TO DMC3, and HAS NO ALIBI)

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
No, not to me, but this is a "Why you hate nero" thread, not a "Why you hate DMC4" thread,

I hate DMC4 for reasons other than its story:troll:

(Mostly I hate it because it is INFERIOR TO DMC3, and HAS NO ALIBI)

Heh, to be fair, I actually hate DMC3... *puts up flame shield and runs to bunker* ._.

Top Bottom