• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Why does Ninja Theory get all the bullsh*t?

Status
Not open for further replies.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Just one thing. Before DmC was announced NT wasn't famouse for the masterful storytelling in their games, they were known for the masterful story telling in their GAME, singular, not plural. Oddessy to the wwest hadn't even been announced when theyvwere picked for that specific skill so, really, they went of their one game.

Bazilican

Beer and big tits all around! XD
So much love for NT.

"Omg! TAMEEM IS A HUMAN BEING. He has his limits."

"Sheesh, people! It was Tameem's opinion on Dante. You shouldn't take insult to that."

I'm just waiting for the day when Obama starts speaking like a wannabe gangsta. Then we may say he snapped and reached his limits.

"With great power, comes great responsibility." Tameem should have acted better. Considering how his studio is related to mediocre games(another concern for some fans) at best, he came off as smug and arrogant, even if he didn't mean to. Rebooting a series that didn't need rebooting was already a "sensitive"( can't think of any other word) step and the way things were handled, the situation just got worse.

Lastly, for knowledge, expressing not-so-favourable comments for DmC is "stupid butthurt thing" and "you haven't played DmC thing" here.

You know you're not hurting me with talking smack with DmC since I dislike DmC greatly. So no need to waste your rage on me, cause I care nothing for either of the series.

Pale Rider

Wickedly good
You know you're not hurting me with talking smack with DmC since I dislike DmC greatly. So no need to waste your rage on me, cause I care nothing for either of the series.

Lol. Rage and "trying to hurt" you is what you got from my post?!! Maybe because English isn't my first language, I didn't know how to express in words that screamed I was calm.

As for talking sh!t about DmC, I re-read my post and don't even understand how you got to that conclusion.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014

Okay, so why are you here? :blink:
I've got about £2.85 in my purse though, with no poop in sight.

That means you don't own a pet chihuahua/corgi *high-five!* XD

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!
Personally, I think Ninja Theory never deserved the blame. It was all Capcom's doing. What NT would've done is do DMC like the classics, but Capcom peeps said "NO! JUST NO!"

If I worked in a small-time game development company having to develop DMC by Capcom (i.e. outsourcing DMC to the company I work for) similar to NT, then I request them I'd do something like the old ones. If Capcom disagrees, I'll make them agree! :devil:
How about I send a nuclear warhead on Capcom's office then? I don't care if anything else gets destroyed by either the explosion or the radiation.

Tameem is indeed the only one from NT to be blamed, yet it's ironic he had his own view...

I'm just glad not all of Capcom are d!ck$. Gregaman is an example of a role model! Thank you for pointing it out, Shin Muramasa.

The only Capcom dickhead kissing his ass or masturbating right now is Alex Jones.

I understand you don't like DmC, Bazilican. Glad you could say it fairly and in a civil manner too. As for me, I'm very neutral on DmC.

Now hold on here, Incognito!
Rebooting something that doesn't need rebooting? From what I've known along with some others, Reuben Langdon even said in his interview on DmC that DMC3 is a DMC1 reboot. So that's like saying we didn't need DMC3 as we have DMC1 already!

Pale Rider

Wickedly good
Now hold on here, Incognito!
Rebooting something that doesn't need rebooting? From what I've known along with some others, Reuben Langdon even said in his interview on DmC that DMC3 is a DMC1 reboot. So that's like saying we didn't need DMC3 as we have DMC1 already!

DMC3 was more or less a prequel to DMC1.

.....and yes, I think we didn't need DMC3, but not in the context you are implying. Also, neither did we need DMC2, nor DMC4. If that were the case, this whole people jumping on each other's throat for this reboot fiasco wouldn't exist. Very unfortunate that we got them.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
It sucks that NT has to deal with all the continual hate and angry fans talking smack about their new game all because DmC ruffled their jimmies.

"Oh! Tam Tam talked bad about Dante!"

grow the f*ck up. Just because he talked about your clowny anime hero doesn't mean he's the first and he certainly won't be the last. Dante is a dime a dozen in cool characters, so if you don't like people making fun of your character, then ignore it and walk away.

NT/Capcom insulted the fans by saying DMC Dante was like a gay cowboy, NT (or maybe Capcom) insulted them for liking a character with white hair (as seen in the cutscene). Yeah, it's molded into the form of a joke, but honestly, I wouldn't joke around about people's opinions; at least not in such an offensive way, and definitely not right after Devil May Cry got rebooted - that's like kicking people when they're down. Ninja Theory/Capcom just made a stupid decision with all that. Then Tameem comes along again and says he doesn't give a s.hit about what people think about their game... wow. Not exactly a good way to gain fans/increase sales. You're making video games for people, too (the consumers), whether you like it or not. I'd say all of the aforementioned warrants a response of not taking them seriously and possibly hitting back once in a while. It was a stupid (PR) decision. The end.

NT were given the job to do DmC and followed the orders of Capcom to the note. Everything NT did was instructed by Capcom and you can't hate them just for doing their job, and you can't hate Tameen just because he talked about your favorite character Old Dante. If so then you're gonna hate me for a long time.

What is your point, exactly (don't mean that to sound aggravated, sorry)? Do you mean that Capcom should be respected at all times? They can't do anything wrong? Because I couldn't disagree more - just look at RE6 and some other things. Respect is not given, it's earned. I place the blame more at Capcom's side than NT's; it was their idea to reboot Devil May Cry, and their idea to 'westernize' it. Apparently, Ninja Theory even wanted to make Dante more like the old Dante, but Capcom disapproved. And Tameem should kind of act like a role model; he's an important developer, and if he gets emulated, we might soon have a lot of developers just talking s.hit about people's favorite characters and such.
Besides, I doubt everything NT did was instructed by Capcom. Capcom did the gameplay (mostly), while Ninja Theory pretty much handled everything else.

Why are you discouraging people from hating things? If people want to hate Tameem for what he said, more power to them. I feel that being able to hate things and criticize things makes us... complete. It's just part of who we all are, and it's not inherently a bad thing. Moreover, you can't tell people to shut it just because you don't like it. Well, you can, but don't expect people to listen and 'obey'.

All in all, I think NT did what they needed to do and did a pretty good job on it. I just don't think NT should get the full brutal assault of hate while Capcom is sitting on an, at worst, rock cushioned bed.

True. Whether you like or dislike their work is a wholly different matter. They just did what they wanted to do, and Capcom should be fifty percent accountable, right? Seems fair, since DmC wasn't just made by Ninja Theory.

VineBigBoss

GGXRD <3
It's not like NT had anything to lose. They never had any kind of recognition or respect in a general way, Devil May Cry was their best chance to succeed but some people there made sure that they would spit arrogance and go full of **** in their comments and way to promote their game.

The backlash seem in the sales and in the internet was mostly a reaction than any other thing, you don't mess with costumers. Bad for them, but i don't have any personal bad feelings about them, if sometime they make a good hack'n'slash or game from a genre that i like to play; i would buy it without complaining. It's not like one mistake can destroy any chance of them actually making a game that i'm able to like.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
It's not like NT had anything to lose
Actually they have a lot to lose.. if DmC 2 doesn't happen they'll never likely get any future projects like DmC and their future as a game developer is looking really really dark.

I kinda feel sorry for NT in that way.. they only just started making games and they're already been though this much sh!tstorm for capcom's bad decision.. they're like a baby deer who just got birthed and now has to run from a pack of hungry lions.

LOL Capcom&EA are like developer killers.

Pale Rider

Wickedly good
Actually they have a lot to lose.. if DmC 2 doesn't happen they'll never likely get any future projects like DmC and their future as a game developer is looking really really dark.

I kinda feel sorry for NT in that way.. they only just started making games and they're already been though this much sh!tstorm for capcom's bad decision.. they're like a baby deer who just got birthed and now has to run from a pack of hungry lions.

You do realize that NT has been existing for a decade; and aren't they working on a new AAA title?! NT had nothing to lose, have nothing to lose.
What's actually sad is studios like Vigil games cease to exist. I don't think NT is going anywhere.

MigsRZXAStylish

DMC3 was more or less a prequel to DMC1.
I no longer buy that. Some things in DMC3 weren't included in DMC1, like adding Rebellion as Dante's signature sword, which was first seen in DMC2. I never see Rebellion in DMC1 at all...
.....and yes, I think we didn't need DMC3, but not in the context you are implying. Also, neither did we need DMC2, nor DMC4. If that were the case, this whole people jumping on each other's throat for this reboot fiasco wouldn't exist. Very unfortunate that we got them.

This is why, due to my disillusionment towards this franchise, especially on what you said, I will no longer consider this "series" as a series! This is one of the reasons why I don't come here too often like I used to. I also felt like it was a mistake for Capcom to turn DMC into a series as what Hideki Kamiya-san didn't intend it to be anyway!

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!

I wouldn't put Capcom in the same league with EA..........when it comes to killing developers.

NT has been making games since 2002 and have released 3 games prior to DmC (all of which we're mediocre at best).

If anything DmC helped them out since DmC got a lot of positive reviews and NT was herald as improving developers will find more interest in them now especially if "they picked up skills from top guys from Capcom" that sounds juicy to most publishers and now they're making a new AAA game for next gen (not sure who is the publisher though) and worked with Chillingo/EA to make a game for the iOS. I won't be surprised if EA hires them to make the next Dante's Inferno or Sony ask them to make a Heavenly Sword 2. Publisher and development wise they're now getting more recognition.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
You do realize that NT has been existing for a decade; and aren't they working on a new AAA title?! NT had nothing to lose, have nothing to lose.
If they keep getting failure streaks or mediocre game streaks they'll lose their reputation in the gaming industry.
I will no longer consider this "series" as a series!!
Its barely a series if you ask me... there are 2 prequel games and only one sequel which was so bad that it almost destroyed DMC so in all technicality DMC 1 never really got the sequel it deserved.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
This is why, due to my disillusionment towards this franchise, especially on what you said, I will no longer consider this "series" as a series! This is one of the reasons why I don't come here too often like I used to. I also felt like it was a mistake for Capcom to turn DMC into a series as what Hideki Kamiya-san didn't intend it to be anyway!

You're disillusioned as a whole.

I don't recall Kamiya ever saying DMC was meant to be a one hit wonder.....though he never hinted he was going to make a sequel so we can't say for sure but he did say when he left Capcom if he wanted to make a DMC sequel (as well as an Okami sequel or a Viewtiful Joe) he would've stayed at Capcom.

I guess Kamiya is the type of person who hates "sequels" since he never makes sequels to his own games (even Bayonetta 2 is being directed by someone else with his creative supervision of course).

MigsRZXAStylish

If I were in their shoes, I'd feel them...
Yeah... I have pity on this. It's like not giving a newbie a chance on things we're into for some time, if not for a long time...
Even I can compare it to a group of criminals forcing one of their hostages to do their bidding. Capcom are the hostage-takers and NT are the hostages.

Capcom might be one, especially Capcom USA. I hear EA is doing some things good with the new Command & Conquer (I saw the units and buildings used for the EU, APA, and the GLA, not to mention having two different kinds of resources to gather (supplies and oil; they're two separate resource types now. So it's like Starcraft); I just wished this was still in the Generals 2 title because it sets in the Generals C&C timeline and we have not heard of the General's timeline of C&C for a very long time. The only $#!+ C&C game is C&C4: Tiberian Twilight; what a way to end the original Tiberium timeline!), but I don't care about EA at all! Hell, I don't even care about any big time game publisher/developer at all!

You're disillusioned as a whole.

I don't recall Kamiya ever saying DMC was meant to be a one hit wonder.....though he never hinted he was going to make a sequel so we can't say for sure but he did say when he left Capcom if he wanted to make a DMC sequel (as well as an Okami sequel or a Viewtiful Joe) he would've stayed at Capcom.

I guess Kamiya is the type of person who hates "sequels" since he never makes sequels to his own games (even Bayonetta 2 is being directed by someone else with his creative supervision of course).
I'm not the only one here disillusioned, you know?

I wasn't even finished on what I said. He wanted DMC to have a different cast of characters in each and every DMC game, like the Final Fantasy series, to which I have to point out the last thing you've said here...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom