• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Why does Dante matter SO MUCH?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Durante

Dead
Heck,the Capcom writers might just visit theese forums and steal a plot from fans :D or fuse them into one

Durante

Dead
Vergil'sB*tch;201732 said:
Scary thought, isn't it. Although, that's probably what they do

that isn't the scariest part. What im afraid is they might not even announce the fifth game :D
Alright
bed time for me :D

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Wow you guys. Did you even notice that I didn't say "Nero should take over?" I never said that. I said he should get DMC 5 to himself, not the series.

And on the topic of liking Dante or not, I'm gonna say this right now. I've hated him ever since the first game. I don't care about being flashy, I care about getting it done. Nero is not slow. Nero is a powerhouse, and IMO, is BETTER than Dante in gameplay. Dante can't string combos very well because if you combo an enemy, it goes flying, and there's no way to get to it in time to keep it going. Nero, on the other hand, can reel that enemy back in and keep the combo going strong. Those seven missions you play as Dante in DMC 4 were stupid and shouldn't have been there in the first place. I'd much rather Dante was captured than Nero.

Sparda™

DreadnoughtDT;201743 said:
And on the topic of liking Dante or not, I'm gonna say this right now. I've hated him ever since the first game. I don't care about being flashy, I care about getting it done. Nero is not slow. Nero is a powerhouse, and IMO, is BETTER than Dante in gameplay. Dante can't string combos very well because if you combo an enemy, it goes flying, and there's no way to get to it in time to keep it going. Nero, on the other hand, can reel that enemy back in and keep the combo going strong. Those seven missions you play as Dante in DMC 4 were stupid and shouldn't have been there in the first place. I'd much rather Dante was captured than Nero.

There's like a huge difference between easier and better in gameplay.

Dante is better, Nero is easier.

Oh and only a kid like Nero would have fallen in such traps as to result in being captured, not an old school veteran like Dante.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Don't get so hot under the collar. What I'm posting are opinions. You don't have to get mad about it. And Nero isn't much easier than Dante unless you're playing Human mode. Then he's easier.

Sparda™

DreadnoughtDT;201752 said:
Don't get so hot under the collar. What I'm posting are opinions. You don't have to get mad about it. And Nero isn't much easier than Dante unless you're playing Human mode. Then he's easier.

Maybe It benefits you to hypothetically put my mood like I was mad. I was far from mad, chilling and listening to music while posted that.

Anyway, Nero IS easier to use than Dante, fact, word of God, whatever rocks your boat.

Nero has QTE (Quick-Time Events), which are cinematic actions prompted by the press of one button or a combination - the Buster, to be more precise. Gets the job done easily.

Dante is for pros, no offense.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Guess I'm not pro then... I never really cared though. If something works for me, I stick with it. I don't switch on the fly like others do. In DMC 3, I went through the whole game with Swordmaster style and didn't even touch the others.

And sorry about the "angry" thing. It's just... You say it so matter of factly that it seems like you're angry.

Zato-OW

King
I rather see a all Vergil game to be honest. Most likely being a back story of DMC1 and him becoming Nelo Angelo. I think they should just take a break from the main plot. It's not that interesting anyway because we can pretty much predict Nero's origins and I won't be shocked at this point.

Sparda™

Zato-OW;201761 said:
I rather see a all Vergil game to be honest. Most likely being a back story of DMC1 and him becoming Nelo Angelo. I think they should just take a break from the main plot. It's not that interesting anyway because we can pretty much predict Nero's origins and I won't be shocked at this point.

Thanks for your post. This is needed indeed very much.

Zato-OW

King
Yeah man we have went through like 100 scenarios with Nero and his relations with Sparda,Dante and Vergil. It wont be a shock at all for what ever they choose at this point. Rather them take a break and give Vergil his possible last ride.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
DreadnoughtDT;201743 said:
And on the topic of liking Dante or not, I'm gonna say this right now. I've hated him ever since the first game. I don't care about being flashy, I care about getting it done. Nero is not slow. Nero is a powerhouse, and IMO, is BETTER than Dante in gameplay. Dante can't string combos very well because if you combo an enemy, it goes flying, and there's no way to get to it in time to keep it going. Nero, on the other hand, can reel that enemy back in and keep the combo going strong.

Dante's style of fighting is more challenging, which ultimately (for me) makes him better and more fun to play. When an enemy goes flying, it gives you a few seconds to change your attack and knock up those style points some more. Nero being able to snatch an enemy closer and stuff up a boss with his DB makes him easy. I could sail through the entire DMC4 through only using his DB, which actually isn't such a good thing. That's like having Dante only use E&I - it's going to get boring and monotonous sooner or later.

Anyway, is that why you hate Dante? :huh: Because he's got too many styles and weapons at his disposal?

Sparda™

Zato-OW;201769 said:
Yeah man we have went through like 100 scenarios with Nero and his relations with Sparda,Dante and Vergil. It wont be a shock at all for what ever they choose at this point. Rather them take a break and give Vergil his possible last ride.

I wholeheartedly agree with you. There is basically no shock effect on Nero's origins.

Trish67

Bad a$$ Gunslinger
Okay, here is my two cents...
I am a Dante fangirl through and through. I honestly used to hate Nero. As a matter of fact, LOD, and I used to Nero bash almost everyday, when we talked. But Nero has sorta grown on me. I am not saying he isn't fun to make fun of, 'cause hell he is! I used to think of Nero as a party chrasher, who was stealing Dante's spotlight. Now I see him, as well, folks its story time....
This one time I was at Game stop, with two of my friends. I got into a converstation about Devil May Cry with one of the clerks. I meant to ask him, what he thought about Nero's origins. But instead I said "What do you think of Nero?" He repiled, "Nero is Dante, light."
My friends and I could not stop laughing.
*end story time*
So honestly Nero is Dante Light. He is Dante for beginners.

SuperDante

Legendary Demon Hunter
That is a very good description Trish :D I do see it as a good thing Nero was introduced (crazy huh, given I'm a diehard Dante fan) & yes... having nothing but Dante for many games on end would get repetitive... but you can always improve on what is already great...as I have said and others have... some of our ideas are very good and could serve as awesome Dante storylines. If people say there is nowhere else to go with Dante then you have a very limited imagination. Just look at Bayonetta - that has pretty much given DMC the green light to push the envelope and really get crazy :D In saying that, Nero also has a huge number of storylines capable of being a worthy game so spin-off would be perfect for him. I for one would buy a Nero spin off game if that's what it was - his own mini series so to speak. But core DMC is Dante. I wouldn't say "Nero should die at the beginning of DMC5 coz really, that would be stupid - they introduced this new character so explore him a bit and give him a rich, well thought out story for himself. But I PERSONALLY don't believe Nero could cary on DMC series by himself. That's Dante's department. :D Hell, having a Nero spin-off featuring Vergil would even work. IMHO Dante is way too strong for Vergil now so have him as the big bad in a Nero game... Oooo I Likey :D:D:D But if they're going to feature Dante & Nero in the same game... have Dante carry the main story and Nero as the secondary character but with equal emphisis on their own story and gameplay. That's why a 2 disc game would really work for these 2 IMHO

Durante

Dead
2 character games are not that great. Rather than focusing on one char they have to make two characters good enough. DMC2 was a two disc game and the disc with Lucia was almost like a replay of Dantes scenes,that was a cheap way of Capcom making it,same goes for DMC3 play with Vergil.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
Difference : DMC3 special was released after the original due to fans wanting to play as Vergil.Not to mention,Vergil doesn't actually have a story mode.That's not the same case with 2.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
Although Nero's bag of moves were extremely limited I actually enjoyed playing as him so much more. Maybe it was because his new style was a nice fresh change (plus I loved the way his sword attacks looked). I would much rather see loads more moves added to Nero than have just another layer added to what I have already been doing for years with Dante.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
I felt DMC3 SE was cheaper than DMC2. Capcom gave Lucia her own story and cutscenes... Vergil got bugger all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom